Chapter 1

Behind the Screens!

 

A loud thud echoed the conference room. It was made from no other than, the manager of glamorous, pop-sensation group, Shinee. Manager felt conflicted because of the lack of cooperation the five members have been giving.  So far, the group has been declining offers of TV shows, radio broadcasts, and all that could maintain their popularity. Sadly, because of the declining, their fan-base had transitioned amongst their rival group, B.A.P. 

Onew, the leader, felt most responsible for the downhill of the group. He scanned his eyes at the other four and looked at them pleadingly.  Key, the third oldest and the feminine figure had stood up in the middle of their manager’s furious words.

“Our main problem is the popularity right? How we’re feeding B.A.P.’s?” Key had his hand on his hip and his index finger tapping on his chin.

Manager took a great look at him. He somehow finally lightened up, because finally he was given some cooperation from any of them. Everyone in the room, with the exception of Jonghyun, paid attention to Key’s suggestion. In the end, everyone seemed satisfied with the idea.

“So who’s going to do it?” Minho bluntly questioned.

“Can’t be me. I’m the precious maknae.” Taemin pointed out.

All eyes darted towards… Jonghyun.

He finally looked up from playing with his fingers and at the eyes that surrounded him. He was lost and had no clue at what was happening. So he played as if he did.

“I volunteer Jonghyun.” Onew smiled.

“I Second!” Key grinned.

“Secretary Jinha, make phone calls to new rookie girl-groups and tell them to contact me right away.”  Manager demanded.

“Jonghyun-ah. Are you in?”

Jonghyun looked at s to see any sign of what was going on. Since he couldn’t figure anything out he didn’t think twice to agree. 

“Sign this contract then.” Manager snapped his fingers and a stack full of papers plopped itself on the table, in front of Jonghyun.

Do I have to go through all of this? Jonghyun hissed inside.

Without even flipping the first page, he signed the contract. It was as if he was giving a fan an autograph. 

“Okay then. Jonghyun we’re all set. We’ll let you know who your new girl partner is as soon as we get one.” 

Jonghyun widened his eyes.

“Girl partner?!”

“Weren’t you listening to me?” Key rolled his eyes.  “I said that if maybe one of us had more publicity scandals with someone from a girl group, the media’s attention would be towards us again.”

“I don’t want to do this! Too much hassle!” Jonghyun whined.

Manager smacked the first page of the contract on to his face.

“I knew you’d sign, not wanting to read the rest.”

Jonghyun was bewildered that his own manager deceived him. He felt that it was his fault any way for zoning off. He sighed in defeat.

“Fine, I’ll do it for the sake of Shinee.” 

The other members gathered around him and attacked him with cheers and embraces. Jonghyun stood in the middle with an unsatisfied look.

I hope I get someone good. Please tell me I’ll get someone good.  He thought, as he displayed a collection of his ideal girls in his head. 


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


First chapter up! 
I know it's short, but that just means more chapters to go! (: 
I hope you all support this story until the end. 
Comment & subscribe! 

<3 - icandileech