-20-

Something Beautiful

Slowly inching toward the lost boy, your eyes can finally wander across his facial region that was being illuminated by the park’s dim light.

His dark brown eyes, pointed nose, and pink lips; oh, how you wanted to run into his arms. Yet, you resisted the strange urge to for you were merely a female that Jungkook could not see as an apple in his eyes.

“I know what I did was wrong, Jungkook, and quite frankly, I should be the one apologizing,” You started to say in a hushed tone, “You did nothing wrong. Your reaction was-“

“-It was absurd.” He told you, “What I did totally counter-argued what I felt at that moment, Haeun.”

 You stared at him confusion, “What?”

 “I-I kind of liked it.” He blushes a deep pink as your eyes widened in realization.

“Liked it?”

“God damn it Haeun, I enjoyed the kiss okay?!” He blushed a deep red that was too obvious to miss and your heart exploded the same.

H-He liked the kiss?! HAEUN, HE LIKED THE KISS!

You smiled a bit and questioned, “Then why did you-“

“I don’t know.” He ruffled his newly styled hair, “I was confused, my emotions were still being processed and I just thought that what you did was out of pity. Quite frankly, fondness or anything of the sort just doesn’t intertwine with me. I’m too messed up to even think about it like you did and I’m sorry, I must’ve hurt your feelings.”

You pursed your lips and looked down, “Too messed up? No one is too messed up, Jungkook.”

“I beg to differ.”

“I get what you mean,” You looked up and pointed to him, “And don’t think I am lying because I swear to you I am completely, if not entirely more ed over than you.”

He scoffs and looks at you thinking, I have heard your story and you have heard mine. Maybe we aren’t so different at all.

Wae?” You cross your arms and walk past him to go to the play tower. As you go up you shout, “Am I etching into your mind?”

He chuckles and climbs up after you, “No, you were more like ruining it.”

You snarl at him and look at your hands, blinking slowly, “I really am sorry, Jungkook.”

“I already told you it’s fine, you thick skulled little girl.” He bent over and nudged your head. You pouted and pretended to punch him.

“Aigoo, it’s too late to even argue with you.” You slouch over tiredly, “I’m already so exhausted.”

He smiles at you and pulls you by your arm, “Get up, Haeun.”

“Ah,” you whine, “Why.”

“It’s cold, late, and you need to get home before you pass out. Come on,” Slowly pulling you to your feet, you walk down the steps and wait tiredly for Jungkook.

“Hurry up! I’m so cold and tired; I’m going to die!” you stomp your foot.

“Calm down,” He tells you casually as he walks past you and heads to your house, with you trailing behind.

 

:::::::

 

Inside your warm and modern home, you scurry up the stairs with Jungkook casually letting his eyes wander around as if he hadn’t been there before. The pair of brown eyes traces every inch of your humble abode and his lips curl up into a charming smile upon seeing your young face by the stair case. Next to the frame is a slightly smaller picture with the five human beings smiling brightly, of course everyone knows that happiness doesn’t last forever; it leaves as quickly as it had come.

Letting himself into your room, he quietly tiptoes in and scrunches his eyes to the corner of your room. He smirks and looks at the little cloud night light in admiration. Inching closer to you he bends down to grasp your features. Dark eyelashes that cascade over pale cheek bones, almost too pale honestly; pink pursed lips that had once lay on his own, closing his eyes he reminisces. The rushed force of your lips on his, letting him know that it wasn’t your first time, almost put him in a trance; it wasn’t what he expected.

He didn’t want to sound feminine, but that wasn’t the way he wanted it to be.

He wanted to initiate the first move, he wanted to be the first person for you to ever touch like that, he wanted to be selfish with you, but nothing ever goes his way.

Jungkook opens his eyes and sighs, I’m so sorry you had to do that Haeun.

Instead of leaning more toward your lips, Jungkook leaned more upwards and planted the sacred forehead kiss.

“Goodnight Haeun.”

 

:::::::::

 

It had two months.

You had not known about the secret forehead kiss,

Yet,

You, Jungkook, and Zelo had been inseparable. The conflict between you and Yoomi had not been resolved and it frustrated you to find out how blind the boy you had known for your whole life was. Whenever Yoomi came to visit, quarreling was a package deal and almost never were kind words spoken. When you see her face, the only vocabulary you had came straight out of a book of sarcasm served raw.

Junhong would always nudge your head to be polite but Jungkook would always wrestle him off of you. Life began to get a whole lot more meaningful. Life got more beautiful and worth living; to you, that is the best flower in the whole field.

It didn’t feel as lonely as before.

You felt so overwhelmed with love and you felt the need to give off the vibrancy.

:::::::::::

 

“Haeun, can you hand me my wallet?” Jungkook hollered as he waited downstairs in your kitchen with Zelo. They planned to make breakfast in your house the night before during the secret sleep over that was held in your living room, “It’s on your dresser.”

“Okay!” you yelled as you inserted the last hook onto your ear. You were wearing your favorite pair of earrings that your late mother had given to you for your thirteenth birthday. You smiled contently and brushed your hair slowly before remembering, “Oh, that’s right!” You looked for Jungkook’s wallet on your bed and wondered where he put it, “Wait! Kook, where did you leave it?!” You shouted out your bedroom door.

“On the dresser!”

“Right! Curse my short term memory.” You quietly scolded yourself and went back to your dresser looking under the piles of assorted clothing pieces. Underneath your red shirt you spotted the brown leather slip. It felt heavy and so to you opened it to see why it weighed so much.

“Aigoo, Jungkook, why do you keep your coins in here?” You shook your head and look through some more. You pulled out two pictures, one was a photo booth picture the two of you took at a school festival and the other was of his sister.

You exhaled and glanced at the picture again. You pursed your lips in admiration and spoke to yourself, “She looks like a female Kookie.”

“No she doesn’t, I don’t see it.”

You jerked and looked at Jungkook with his morning hair and muscle tee, “Goodness, you scared me.”

“You were taking too long! I just asked you to grab my wallet, not ing look for Waldo.”

You rolled your eyes and reached out your hand to give it to him. He slipped it out of your hand and inserted it into his pocket, “Do you want to meet her?”

Your eyes brightened up and you shook your head uneasily, “Can I?”

“I don’t know can you?”

“Yah, what kind of answer was that!” You slapped him, “I’m being serious.”

“So am I!” Jungkook rubbed his arm and headed downstairs, “Ah hurry up, Zelo is waiting and I think he is eating all of the pancakes!”

You scuttle out of your room and down the stairs to gaze upon a table filled with muffins, pancakes, eggs, and sausages, “Wah, when did you buy these?”

“Aish,” Zelo scowls at you, “We made them while you were still asleep.”

“But, how come I didn’t wake up?”

“Because you are the heaviest sleeper on the planet, pabo-yah.”

You pout and plant yourself on one of the chairs, “Eat well!”

 

::::::::

 

A belch is sounded and Zelo covers his mouth as you look at him in disgust, “Yah, Junhong, out of all the years I tell you to hold in your burps.”

“Sorry…”

“I still can’t believe we made that food.” Jungkook interjected, “I haven’t even cooked like that even for the hyungs.”

“That’s because I’m special right?” You bat your eyelashes at him and he clears his throat.

“Ahem, Yeah, special ed.” You hit him and scowl.

“How rude, oh, and you didn’t tell me if I could go or not!”

Jungkook rubs his arms, “Go where?”

“You know, to place where your sister is!”

“Woah, Jungkook, you have a sister?” Zelo asks astound, “You never talk about her.”

“That’s because I don’t want her to meet people like you!”

You and Zelo look at each other and pout simultaneously, “Wae, is it because we are strange.”

Jungkook smiles a forced one, “Oh Haeun, you are more than strange.”

Your frown deepens and you stare at Jungkook awkwardly, “Can I please meet her? I will be the best Unnie in the whole wide world, I promise!”

Jungkook ponders your suggestion for a minute and answers warily, “Fine,” You break into a smile, “But,”

“But…”

“What, what in the .”

“Junhong, shut up.”

“Sorry.”

“But, you have to keep your promise because Hana doesn’t really have any older lady figures besides Halmoni.” Jungkook spoke innocently.

“Hana? Like a flower in Japanese?” You ask him. He shakes his head and watches you smile, “Wah, does she have a favorite flower? Can she have flowers? Is she allergic? How old is she, does she still like toys?”

Jungkook watched you ramble on and on about things that were so useless, but he enjoyed it. He loved it when people not only cared for him, but cared more for his sister.

Jungkook could sense that even if he hadn’t spoken to Hana about you yet, she would think you were lovely; just as his mother was.

 

:::::::

 

Hana.

Oh yes, time to meet da baby sister. Okay, I really had feels for this chapter so there might have been so many things going on and I am sorry for that and today is Chanyeol’s birthday in America so ilovehim. And I am on break now so wussup.

I might update tomorrow, not sure. But to those who read my ending notes on each chapter, I am very thankful for you guys. Also for my new sub babies and up voters, seriously you guys are the best no lie.

Anywho, comment down below on which character/ part of the story you are thankful for. Idk,

Barely-finished.

  

What the freaking ef. lyk look at their stage charisma lyk why zelo/jungkook. why do dis to meh.