-9-

Something Beautiful

 You woke up, washed your face, and brushed your teeth. You ate breakfast and when Zelo came to pick you up, slowly walked alongside him. Being so drained out physically and mentally made your mind go blank. This was the after math of the mess that Zelo dreaded.

“Are you okay?” Zelo asked for the hundredth time.

“I’m fine.” You gave him a weak smile and headed to you locker.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, Junhong, I’m 100% sure.” You grabbed nothing but a pencil and a book and headed to English to prepare for the test. During the exam you would once and a while check on Jungkook who was sitting right next to you. Little did you know that Zelo would do the same; after the test was over you exhaled deeply.

“I think I did horrible.”

You looked to your right and saw Jungkook staring at you. You rolled your tired eyes at him, “You probably did fine, and I mean you had me as a tutor.”

“Perfect example for why might have gotten a bad grade, because you were my tutor.” Jungkook buried his oblivious head in his hands and groaned.

You rolled your eyes and turned to Zelo who was already facing you, “How do you think you did?”

“I think I got a solid B.”

“Not bad.”

:::::::

          T’was at day’s ease and you retreated to your locker. You went slower than usual, for you knew that you had nothing planned that afternoon. You didn’t have any homework so you knew that the weekend would go by faster. As you exited the building you saw Yoomi once again. She was under a tree next to a boy, who was holding her hand. You walked away you noticed that it was a different guy than yesterday. Ah, so she is a little player? Walking until they weren’t in your sight and your mind clouded with different thoughts.

“I cried again last night; that hasn’t happened in a while.” You gripped onto the strap of your backpack and looked down at your feet. “If only, If only you hadn’t visited me, you would all still be here.” You regretfully pouted and wiped away the fallen tear with the back of your hand, “No more crying, Haeun, no more tears.” You exhaled and continued to walk to your house. You unlocked your door and found yourself falling face first into your nearest couch. You stayed in that position until you feel asleep.

:::::::

A ringing tone boomed through your phone and moments after came knocks on your door. You skipped your phone and lazily opened the door, “What.”

“There’s my sleeping beauty, How come you didn’t answer the door at six?”

“Six? What time is it?”

“8:22”

“Junhong, you should have woken me up!” You punched your best friend in the arm.

He rubbed it, “Ow, it’s not my fault that you fell asleep and wouldn’t wake up. Besides, what do you have planned?”

“Nothing.”

“Then why did you punch me?!” Junhong half yelled.

“Well, who wants to stay up until 5 or 6 in the morning just because they couldn’t fall asleep?” You pouted and walked away from the door.

“You are such a bipolar baby.”

“At least babies can sleep whenever they want and not have this problem.” You told him in a matter of fact tone as you the TV.

You made Zelo eat cereal since he was so hungry because you didn’t want to make food. Honestly, after breakdowns, you were so bipolar it wasn’t even funny. One moment you would be all happy, the next would make you feel like crap, and then you would die of rage. It’s like you were on your period, but not.

You were moving positions every 10 seconds and the current position you resided in had you hanging off the couch upside down, “Are you okay, Haeun?” Zelo asked munching on his cereal cross legged on the couch next to you.

“Perfectly fine.” You closed your eyes and reminisced. Ah, I wonder if Jungkook is okay. Did he do well?

“Yah, pick your head up, you’ll get a headache.” Your best friend pulled your dangling hand and helped you up. You blinked twice and held your head, “Hurts now doesn’t it?” You shook your head and rested it on the comforter of the couch.

A couple more hours passed and it was 11 pm, “I think it’s getting late, maybe the oppas are getting worried.”

“I’ll go now then.” Zelo smiled and got up to leave.

“I’ll drop you off half way?” You asked.

“Araso*, just make sure you put on a sweater, it gets colder at night time.” You scrunched your nose and ran upstairs to get the nearest black sweater. You stopped when you grabbed it, I’ll just use it this once and give it back. You put it on and headed out side to where Zelo was waiting.

“New sweater?” Zelo turned his head to look at you.

“Ah, Sort of.”

:::::::::

You dropped Zelo off half way and waited until you couldn’t see him anymore. You turned around and found yourself wandering where ever your feet would take you. Of course, the park was always where you wondered. You sat down on a swing and started to make the rusted gears creak.

“Why do we always meet like this?” You looked around and spotted Jungkook leaning on the play tower. His hands coolly in his jean’s pocket, “What are you doing here?”

“Why do you ask so many questions?” You told him looking back at the ground where you had been kicking the mulch. Jungkook walked to you and seated himself on the vacant swing next to you.

“Questions are my kind of conversation starters.” Jungkook told you simply and smiled slightly. After a while of silence he spoke, “I don’t know if you care or not, but I got a B+ on the English Test.”

You turned to him with a smirk, “Jinja? You passed higher than a C?” You swung for a second and stopped, “As a matter of fact, I do care, but you sure look like you don’t.”

“Of course I do, I mean I didn’t spend my whole week studying, especially with you for nothing.  Besides,” Jungkook stared at your attire, “Is that my sweater?”

“oh,” You looked down, “yeah.” You were going to take it off but he stopped you half way.

“Keep it for now, it’s cold, just give it to me on Monday or something,” He stood up from the swing set, “Oh and before you give it to me, Make sure you wash it.  I don’t know what you could have done to it.” He walked away and ruffled his hair in the dim lighted street.

You scoffed at his image as he walked without a care, “So long for now, Wonderboy. Who knew you had it in you to get higher than a D?” You stayed on the swing set until your mind was calm and off you went, stumbling onto that drive way of yours.

::::::::

My My, so close to 200 subbies! I’m so glad that you guys are reading this story. I adore you all so much I can’t even. If you are wondering what happened to Haeun’s family be patient I will reveal the character’s background stories in different chapters ^.^

Did you guys notice my new banner?  It was made by @judgemesweetly who writes an amazing fanfiction for all you Kai lovers out there. I asked on a special request, you know since she is my sister. Anyways, go bug her and spam her wall with comments.

Bye bye for now,

Barely-finished.

BTW just an experiment, if you do read this part of a chapter then comment which chapter held your favorite Haeun/Zelo or Jungkook/Haeun paring scene.