-16-

Something Beautiful

“Kookie, who is this girl?”

You snicker and think to yourself, This is going to be a long night.

 

:::::

            You squinted your eyes and thought to yourself, Am I seriously that hard to remember? You imagined yourself talking back to the boy with the afro, who you recall Yongguk saying that his name was Rap monster, but you knew that it would not be a very lady like gesture. Before you could speak up, the boy who had questioned you before came up to you and spoke, “You came all the way to my dorm just to see me?” He leaned in and with a disgusted face you backed away. The boy’s collar then proceeded to be pulled like a leash.

“Stop, Taehyun Hyung.”

You looked at Jungkook who was holding his hyung by the shirt as he mouthed the word ‘Sorry’ you nod your head in an understanding gesture. You look at the rest of the curious boys and bow, “Hello, I’m sorry I haven’t formally introduced myself before. I’m Hwa Haeun, nice to meet you.” You bow again and look at Jungkook. He smirks and releases his hyung’s shirt.

“So the reason why my dongsaeng held me back was because you are his girlfriend?” His adjusted his shirt; everyone then looked at you.

You wave your hands in front of your face, “N-no. It’s not like that.” In the distance, you could have sworn one of Jungkook’s hyungs say ‘damn, our kookie got rejected’ long and exaggerated like. You awkwardly cough and stare at your socks raising a red flag in your mind, Ah, should have stayed home. ABORT, ABORT.

You then heard the beds creak and blankets rustle. You look up and 6 disheveled guys stood before you. They all watched your movements and started to introduce themselves.

“Ayo, I’m Rap monster, I kind of consider myself as the alpha around here.” You already knew who he was so you kind of just smiled at him awkwardly. Though, you did quite fancy his dimple.

“Suga.” In one swift motion he threw up a peace sign. You smiled and thought to yourself, Not quite the talker, eh?

“Hello, I’m J-hope.” The boy smiled with crescent moons taking place of his eyes.

“Annyeong, I’m Jimin.” You blushed a little, but quickly stopped knowing that any one of these smart asses could spot it. The reason you blushed was because he was the one who was changing earlier and let me just say, he had some mighty fine abs.

Your eyes darted to the next person and that was Mr. can’t-keep-his-pants-on, “Aye girl, I’m V. But, you can call me later tonight.” He winked and beside you, you heard a low growl coming from…Jungkook? You rolled your eyes and looked at the last person.

“Unlike this boy, I’m Jin.” He placed his hand over yours oh so gently, “and sweetie if you need anything, call me anytime.” You pulled your hand away and forced a smile. Even if this guy was trying to be ‘motherly’ it just came off as creepy.

Moments of silence passed and all you did was shuffle under the unwanted aura, “Okay, so this is awkward and I need to do homework so…” Jungkook then pulled you away by the wrist into the living room.

“Why did you-“

“-honestly, I just saved you 5 seconds of unwanted silence. You should be thanking me.” He flipped his hair dramatically and took a seat on the floor. You sat down a couple of feet away from him and all he could do was stare at you with a ‘what are you doing’ face.

“What.”

“Seriously? I thought we got passed the ‘omg, like I don’t want to be anywhere near you, douche bag’ stage.”

You looked at him amused and shook your head, “Well, you assumed wrong.” Taking out your books from your bag, you open to lesson 5 and take out your worksheet along with it. You can feel Jungkook staring at you and so you look over, “Where’s your homework?”

Jungkook then breaks out into a cheeky smile, “I forgot to get it from my locker.”

You furrow your eyebrows and close you book, and then proceed to hit him with it, “Aish you bastard, you tricked me!” After a while of attacking him, you ignore the footsteps coming closer to the two of you until you heard a group of rowdy boys howl with laughter.

“Jinja, our kookie doesn’t know how to swoon a girl!”

“I seriously, thought they were going to make out, but instead she is harassing him!”

“You guys are such a horrible couple.”

The two of you both freeze with strawberry faces; as if on cue the two of you shout, “WE AREN’T A COUPLE.”

The group of boys then put their hands up in defense and walked to the kitchen. You watched them trail away and once they did, you shot lasers at Jungkook.

“How can you be so stupid!” you scolded lightly.

“What do you mean? I left my books and homework in my locker!”

“You said that you would study!” you looked at him, “Forget it this pity argument is a waste of studying time.” In an instant you diverted you attention to the books and jotted down the answers.

After every minute or so, Jungkook would either ask for paper, or to move the book closer to the center so he could see the problems, “Hey, um Haeun?”

“Hm?” You mumble as you concentrate on your books.

“Can I borrow a pencil?”

You slowly shift your head to him, “What?”

“I said, can I borrow a pencil-“

“What. The. Actual. .” You look at him, “What were you doing the whole hour or so, you butthole?!”

 In the background you heard V say after biting into what sounded like a carrot, “Hey, I have never heard such profound language from a woman! Well, not including, Namjoon hyung or should I say Namjoon noona!” A round of laughter fires up, but suddenly gets filled with V’s desperate cries of help and violent choking sounds after being head locked by rap monster himself. You rolled your eyes at the boy in front of you, laughing at his own hyung for getting beat up.

You smack his arm, “Stop and answer my question.”

 “I was waiting for the right time to ask you for a pencil.”

You look up to the ceiling, Oh Lord goodness gracious and mentally face palm yourself, “Why do I even hang out with you?”

“Because I am such a cool cat!” Jungkook then scoots closer to you and swings his arms around your shoulders. A blush creeps up on your face and you shrug his arm off and shake your head. You then, rummage through your backpack and throw our pencil bag at his cheek.

“Jesus, woman.”  Jungkook says both hands on his cheek. You stick out your tongue and look down at the last problem you need to accomplish before finishing your homework.

 

:::::::

          After oh so graciously lending your textbook to the imbecile, you stay for an hour more or so and then start to pack up.

“Oh, you are leaving already?” J-hope asks.

“Yup. School tomorrow so, gotta sleep.”

“Oh, well. Maybe sometime during Saturday you could drop by the dance studio and watch Jungkook practice for this competition.”

You nodded unsure and wave goodbye to them with a textbook wrapped securely with your left arm, and you escaped out the door, or you thought so. Jungkook grabbed the hook of your backpack, like déjà vu and turns you around.

“Thanks for lending me the book.” You look down and back up to his face with eyebrows pointing upwards in amusement.

“Wow a rare event for the strange species, Jungkook, to actually say the word thanks!” You joke and watch his ears turn pink. You laugh and put a hair behind your ear, “Goodnight Jungkook.”

He pats your head and smiles, “Goodnight Haeun, oh and you don’t have to come to the practice. But you can come stop by on Sunday, the actual event so…”

“Wow, self-promoting, aye?” You turn around and walk straight throwing your hand in the air waving goodbye once more until you hear the door close. After you are out of the building you head down the dark street to your house. Yet, on the way you stop in your tracks, and turn your head to the basketball court. There, a silhouette dances with shadows. Trusting your instinct you walk closer and the figure halts. You do not and walk closer. A smile spread across your face and you run into the figure’s arms.

It was your second best friend in the whole universe.

It was Moon Jongup, dancing with the stars on an ordinary basketball court just like the old days.

 

::::::::

“How are you?” Jongup asks taking a seat in the grass. You sit next to him and put your hands on your knees.

“Nothing much.”

“You know, I haven’t seen you in a while.” He looks at you, “Are you and Zelo alright?”

You put your arms behind your body and inhale the cool wind, “I don’t know… He is certainly a mystery nowadays, you know?” you laugh with no emotion, “I just wish it wasn’t so hard anymore.”

Jongup shakes his head and looks straight, “What about that Yoomi girl?”

You skip a breath and return back to normal, clearing your throat, “W-what about her?”

“She seems… dark?” You look at him in confusion and question him, “I don’t know. She comes over every once in a while and just clings onto Zelo the whole time and I swear that he is trying to fill his missing spots up with her.”

You look down with a small smile, “So, he still… ah, never mind.”

“Yah, I hate it when you do that. Now I’m curious.”

You look over our shoulder and pull out strands of grass out of the ground, “Does he still like me? You know, as a best friend?”

Now, it was Jongup’s turn. He slowly inhales and exhales, “Yeah, but now, more than ever. I swear once when Yoomi was over, he called her ‘Haeun’ and she went berserk.”

You laughed at the story and blinked. You looked at your wristwatch and shot up. “I have to go, have school tomorrow. So, later again, yeah?”

Jongup got up as well and hugged you, “Goodnight.”

You smiled and walked home with thoughts of the new news clouding your empty mind.

 

::::::

Babababa

Hello my lovers.

I have comeback from the really long chapter break and I am sorry. *bows*

I love you all so much and oMG. DON’T YOU JUST LOVE BANGTAN BOYS’ COVER OF COFFEE BY URBAN ZAKAPA.

*sings in the shower—baby baby geudenun caramel macchiato*

Okeys bai.

Barely-finished

   

my baby's result from tasting the mouth spray xx 

why are you so cute. its just so unfair.

 

credit to owner of gif set