-15-

Something Beautiful

           Secrets were exchanged and smiles were real. This, this is what you missed the most. You feel guilty every time you thought of Zelo when you were with Jungkook. It wasn’t that you despised him for not telling you his new updated relationship status, it’s just you feel hurt that you barely swept his mind at the thought of his decision. So, you try to move on, but how can you just throw away a childhood relationship just like that?

:::::

 “Yah! Give it back!” You whine through your smiling mouth, “I’m serious Jungkook; I need to do my homework.” You tried to reach for your calculator but this boy was just too tall.

“Do it in your head; Mental math.” Jungkook kept his hand in the air while he pointed to your forehead.

You stopped trying and put on a poker face, crossing your arms like a child, “But I can’t.”

Jungkook scoffed, “And to think I let you tutor me.” You then proceeded to punch him in the arm and reach for the now low calculator. Once you grabbed it you tapped it on his head and walked to your desk. Like a puppy, Jungkook still followed behind and sat next to you. He would either tap his pencil against the desk, hum, beat box, yawn, or even nudge you ever so slightly just to get you to mess up and start over.

“Find something to do, kook, you are distracting me.” You say while you punch some numbers into the calculator and write the results.

“But there is nothing to do.” He put his forehead on the desk and whined.

“We are in school, maybe do some of you many missed assignments-“

“-no.”

You rolled your eyes and looked out the window, “Hey, maybe you could go play basketball outside.” You looked at your wristwatch and told him, “Recess just started so you have like 20 minutes.”

“What’s the point in playing basketball if you don’t have anyone to play it with?”

“Maybe ask one of your apartment roomies to play; don’t they go to this school?”

“Yeah, but I don’t want to play with them. Every time they do, they always push me down.” Jungkook sat up sulkily, and immediately brightened, thinking of something.

“No.”

“What, how do you know I was going to ask you something?”

“Because your face replicated Junhong’s perfectly when he does the same thing.” Realizing what you said you cough awkwardly, “Almost.”

You turned back to your math homework only to be shaken by the whiny boy next to you, “Please, just this once!”

“Go by yourself.”

“I don’t want to.” Jungkook then pulled you up by the arm and dragged you out of the classroom.

“Ah, Jungkook.” You pouted through your forced down smile. He was now holding you by the wrist and pulling you to the court.

Once you stepped out of the building you halted to a stop, causing Jungkook to stop and look at you.

This may have been the millionth time you have seen them together, but they weren’t so intimate. Not like this. They were laughing and smiling, limbs intertwined with each other’s, wrestling for the basketball. That is until one of them spots the presence of two lost students.

“Oh, Annyeong.” They detach themselves from each other and cough to break the silence.

The girl waves, “Hi Jungkook!”

“Hi Yoomi.” You throw on your confused face and looked at him.

“You know her?” You whispered to your side. He shook his head and then nodded to Zelo in a welcoming manner. You know the ones that guys do. Zelo returns the gesture.

“So, did you guys come here to play?”

“Actually we were just-“

“Yeah, we came to play.” Jungkook bluntly interrupted you. Zelo then proceeded to toss the ball to Jungkook and casually wrap his arm around Yoomi, intentionally making eye contact with you. You watch and then blink rapidly, shifting your eyes to the basketball that was thrown to avoid any unwanted awkwardness.

“Okay, I guess that’s our cue.” Zelo then solutes with 2 fingers and walks off with Yoomi inside the school.

You glare at their backs and pout. You stomp your foot, “They are seriously the ugliest couple ever.”

“Why, are you jealous?” Jungkook nudges you before shooting the basketball in with a swoosh.

You exhale and retrieve the ball, “It’s not that I am jealous, it’s just that he is dating a girl that clearly, from the start, aggravated me.” You dribble the ball and toss it between your hands, “Besides, Zelo is Zelo and even if we are in a bit of a sticky situation right now, he will remain the baby he is.”

“Then why don’t you go make up with him and marry each other?” Jungkook casually teased walking closer to you to get the ball.

You refuse to give it to him, “You see Jungkook, I don’t share that relationship with Zelo. It’s more platonic.” You shake your head and struggle to keep the ball out of his hands. As if on cue, when struggling to claim the ball, the ball drops and Zelo walks in with Yoomi.

Déjà vu, only reversed roles this time.

Your eyes both avert to them and cough to break the awkward silence.

“I forgot my lanyard.” Zelo points to the grass and goes to retrieve it, “Sorry to interrupt.”

Jungkook has studied Zelo’s movements and emotions for a week and he has gotten some data. Every time you guys encounter one another, he seems to look empty. When he talks, his voice is hallow. Jungkook knew that his voice wasn’t always like this and his eyes never looked at you like that. When Jungkook was merely a stranger to you magnets, Zelo’s eyes only ever always read, She is so beautiful.

But now, now Zelo’s eyes read, She is still so beautiful.

Jungkook wasn’t a mind reader and he wasn’t remotely close to it, but he knew what Zelo was feeling. He knew what it was like to be in his shoes, that is why he read him so clearly.

 

He knew that whatever Zelo was feeling, it wasn’t platonic.

 

::::::::

 

           You were now walking home with nothing but your thoughts. School goes by a lot quicker now, and you recently slowed down on your daily visits to the rooftop. You agreed, or, Jungkook talked you out of it, that, it wasn’t safe, nor you won’t get into a good college if you consistently miss classes. Though, you would always counter argue saying that he never does his homework. Yet, he would always retort by saying that it doesn’t matter if he gets good grades or not, if he got accepted into a college he wouldn’t go to class either so what’s the point in investing.

In this day and age, you enjoyed Jungkook’s aura. You find it comforting, yet amusing at the same time. As much as you would hate to admit, he covers most of your longing for your childhood best friend.

Almost.

You still are insecure with this new boy in your life and the feeling of telling the latest gossip to this mysterious boy really makes you think at time, “Why the hell am I talking to you about my latest period incident.” As weird as this question may sound, Zelo always listened and never uttered a complaint which you found very relaxing and comfortable. On the other hand, when you two were watching some cartoons in your living room you were going to tell him an incident where you almost left period stains on your uniform skirt, but Jungkook automatically shut you out and pretended not to hear what you were saying like a child he was.

Don’t even think about how awkward it was after you started to talk.

Let’s just say that you wanted to literally hang yourself with the throw blanket that was on your lap at the time.

::::

When you were nearing your street you squinted to at your front door, “Is that Jungkook?” You put your hands over your eyes to block the sun, and sighed, “Great.”

Once you were in your drive way, Jungkook ran up to you and asked you like an eager child, “Haeun, the boys want to meet you.”

You walked past him and took out your key to unlock your door. He was shaking your shoulder and telling you the same news over and over again, “Calm down Peter Pan, the lost boys can wait just a few minutes.”

“So you will come see them?” Jungkook suddenly brightened.

“That is if I only introduce myself and then leave, because I have a test to study for.”

“Then bring your backpack, after all we have the same class, we can,” Jungkook stopped and stared at you. You returned the gesture and nodded to tell him to proceed, “We can study there.”

“I’m sorry, what did you say?”

“We can-“

“-what?”

“Oh for s sake, we can study there!” Jungkook burst and collapsed on the floor like a child he is.

You thought about it and shook your head, “Okay.”

“Okay?”

“Okay.”

Jungkook stood up, grabbed your backpack and ran outside your door. You then rolled your eyes, and walked behind him, “I can carry it you know.”

Jungkook stopped and thought for a minute, God damn my guard, “O-oh yeah.” He then dropped your bag on the sidewalk and continued down the block. You bent over to pick it up and dusted it. Behind his back you then proceeded to stick your tongue out at him.

Let’s just say, everyone in your life, including you, is a pubescent child.

 

As you reached Jungkook’s door, he took out his key and unlocked it. You gulped and then realized that you weren’t in any other boy’s dorm except for Zelo’s. Once Jungkook stepped in, you looked to the heavens and whispered, “I’m sorry mom.” before getting pulled roughly by the arm.

::::::

          You take in the dirty interior; surprisingly Zelo’s was much cleaner. It was quiet of voices, but the rooms blasted with rap music.

“Don’t be intimidated.” Jungkook leaned in and smirked.

 You pushed him away from you with a disgusted face, “I’ll try not to.” Jungkook walks into a room and you follow. He pokes his head in and looks around. You watch him curiously, and then he closes the door, “Why is your room dirty? Are you embarrassed?” You walk past him and turn the knob.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

“Oh please," You tell him and open the door. You squeal and stare at the 6 boys either on their phones or laptop. Not to mention, one of the boys was changing. That boy turned around and you recognized his face.

“Well, I knew you would show up sometime soon.”

Your vision was then blocked with Jungkook’s hands. You could feel the eyes on you and Jungkook’s breath on your ear, “Told you so.”

“Kookie, who is this girl?”

You snicker and think to yourself, This is going to be a long night.

 

:::::

Yo yo yo

My lovers I am happy to share this chapter with you because, finally you and kookie are getting to be comfortable and AWE my bby boo zelo, y u wit dat gurl.

I love you guys so much and I hope to read your beautiful comments to.

*Throws fairy dust*

Barely-finished.

dat booty clench doe.