-21-

Something Beautiful

You hopped up and down like a child holding a bouquet of pink daises for Hana, “This day is going to be perfect!”

Jungkook glanced to his side with hands calmly in his pockets. He knew you couldn’t see through his façade because you were an oblivious puppy, but if you could, you would almost feel his happiness radiating off of his skin, you would hear his heart palpitating so hard you may think his rib cage would burst, and would see in his eyes how much he needed this kind of love in his life.

“Don’t be like this in the hospital,” Jungkook stated as you stopped to look at him curiously, “The people might mistake you for a runaway from a mental asylum.”

“Haha very funny, Kook.” You laughed dryly, “If this perfect bouquet of flowers weren’t for Hana I would have so attacked you with them and let you get sick from all of the pollen.”

Jungkook stops laughing at his joke and focuses on your very sadistic joke, “That comeback was so weird yet terrifying; but thanks for mentioning my dongsaeng.”

You force a smile and march in to the hospital.

 

::::::::

 

“Room 298, room 298, room 298, room 29-“

“Shut up and think it in your head, Haeun. It’s so annoying.”

You throw Jungkook a scowl and stop in front of the door, “I think you should go first.”

Jungkook twists the knob slowly and pushes the door open with ease, revealing a pastel blue colored room with the sun, clouds, and birds painted on it; you smiled at how the flowers you brought complimented the room nicely. You were gazing around the room and letting your imagination run free with the lively, childish spirit that was possessed in the room when suddenly a small voice spoke.

“Who are you?”

Your attention turned to a petite little lady with short, thin, black hair. She possessed the same smiley eyes and rectangular shaped mouth as Jungkook; you thought she was perfect, “Hana.” You whispered her name and smiled.

“Your name is Hana, too?”

You stepped closer and place the bouquet on the side table, “Ani, actually my name is Hwa Haeun, but you can just call me Haeun unnie.” You smiled a soft smile until Hana spoke.

“Good, now I know you are the one my oppa is away with when he can be with me.” Your eyebrows rose a bit as you let her continue, “At least your name is Haeun and not Hana because I don’t need you stealing that away from me too.” As Hana finished her statement with her head held high, Jungkook broke out in a howl.

You forced an uncomfortable laugh, “Actually Hana, Your oppa and I are good friends and we don’t hang out by ourselves alone if that’s what you think,” Hana looked up at her oppa and looked back down at you, “There is another oppa that we hang out with too,”

“Of course there is.” Hana stated as a matter of fact.

“No, no, no, he is my best friend; maybe later you could meet him.” You finish awkwardly.

As Jungkook calmed down he bent slightly and whispered and inaudible sentence to his dongsaeng. She looked at you after he got back up and spoke, “Well, I guess I haven’t formally introduced myself to you but,” she glanced at Jungkook and then back at you, “If this action makes oppa happy then why not.” Hana shrugged and you stole a glance at Jungkook who had face palmed himself to shield his blushing appearance.

In the driest voice ever, the young one spoke, “Hello my name is Jeon Hana. I was born on April 10, 2005; which if you do the math, I’m eight years precious,” You smiled at her odd input but you let her continue, “I have thyroid cancer, which means that I have a butterfly that lives in my neck and later on if the doctors find a way to set it free from my throat then it will fly away in my sleep; or that’s what oppa told me anyways.” Your smile fell a bit when she continued but the moment you looked at Jungkook rest was assured, “You don’t have to worry, the doctors told me and oppa that there is a 95% chance of it escaping; so that is almost 100%  which means that it  is almost impossible to not let the butterfly out of me.”

You swallowed and smiled, “That’s great, thank you for the background knowledge.” She gave you a smile that didn’t quite reach the eyes and the she looked at Jungkook and smiled sweetly using aegyo.

“Oppa, you want to finish the puzzle? You said you had to leave before we got to finish.”

Jungkook looked at you and back at her, “Okay, call, but, Haeun unnie has to play too, got it?”

Hana exhaled deeply and looked at you. “Haeun… unnie, can you get the box of puzzle pieces and put it on the table? It may seem like 200 pieces are a lot, but that’s why we need your help.”

You smiled brightly and shook your head, carrying the plastic box that held all of the pieces to the mysterious picture, “Here?” Jungkook shook his head and picked Hana up as if she was the most fragile piece of fine china in the world.

Even if the cancer was in , Hana looked vulnerable. Yet, you admired her for the strong and bold voice which she spoke freely with.

Moreover, you admired Jungkook for treating her with such care and gentleness. For him to the only good fatherly figure in her life, you felt thankful.

Just watching the interaction with the siblings over the hours, you started to grow an attachment to Hana, as if you needed to protect her as well.

As for Jungkook, you fell even harder.

 

:::::::::

 

“Ahaha!” Hana burst into laughter, “Unnie, that piece won’t fit there!”

Pretending you didn’t know you responded, “Where should it go? I have no clue!”

“Pabo,” Hana whispered, taking the piece from you and adjusting it to the board, “See.”

You pouted and shook your head.  Aigoo this girl; always teasing me. After you were done assuring yourself that you are not stupid, you continued to play until she fell asleep in Jungkook’s lap.

It was now 6 o’clock which meant that you have already been there for 5 hours. All you did was play and act as a child would. It was refreshing. Once Jungkook placed her gently on the bed and rearranged the chords strapped onto or into her body he kissed her on the forehead and pulled the blanket over her small figure. Writing a ‘see you later, love you!’ kind of made your heart flutter. He was such a sweet heart.

You shook your head, making the thoughts almost go away and walked behind Jungkook.

“Thank you for coming today, Haeun.” Jungkook smiled lightly.

“Eh, no biggie; She was adorable.” You grinned and thought of her.

“I’m sorry also, she doesn’t really like new people. She has like an attachment problem so she can be snappy.” He rubbed his neck and laughed.

“It’s okay, I had one of my own too, remember?” Jungkook stopped dead in his tracks. Then realization hit him.

“Oh my god, Pabo Jungkook Pabo.” He silently scolded so you couldn’t hear him, but his efforts were useless.

“Hey, don’t beat yourself up for it. It’s fine.” You whispered and continued to walk out of the hospital. Jungkook caught up and looked at your side profile.

“Haeun?”

“Hmm?” Your mouth vibrated and waited for a response.

“Do you like me?”

 Your eyes widened and you stopped dead in your tracks. Jungkook wait for you to speak but he continued, “I mean, do you like me as much as I like you?”

“Why?” it was all you could sputter out. It was now time for your feelings to be set free but you didn’t think it felt right, not yet.

“I don’t know,” Jungkook looked down at the gravely sidewalk, “Because today,” He stopped kicking whatever he was kicking but he didn’t look up, “Today I found you extremely attractive.”

He looked up at you with dark brown orbs and a slight smile, “Today, Haeun, I fell for you.”

You gulped with wide eyes. You didn’t know what to say. More specifically you didn’t know how to say it because if you spoke it would just be jumbled letters in alphabet soup, “J-Jungkook I do like you.” You looked down blushing. You wanted to go die in a hole, but then again you saved yourself the trouble because you knew someone actually loved you more than platonically.

You felt relieved.

You felt wanted.

 

:::::

 

Herro.

I love you guys who are new subscribers and up voters, but also shout out to the ones who were with me since day numero uno. I love you all and I hope you guys continue to leave great comments because that is my number 1 motivation.

Sincerely,

Barely-finished

This is what i imagined jungkook to look like in this chapter. Idk but he looks so cute and fluffy. *Muah*