Chapter 1: The mission and the Girl

The Light in the Dark (r)
 
A chair creaked as the figure rocked back and forth with a thick book on its lap as it was looking out of the window when it suddenly looked at the door.
 
"Why hello there. I guess you have decided to listen for more. Shall we begin?" The figure opened the book again as a black bookmark was placed in between one of the pages and on top of the current page was a label written in a thick black ink. And with a long heaved of air ,the figure started.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------Chapter 1--------------------------------------------------------------
 
"Mission accomplished." Her voice was out as it was calm like her emotions unlike earlier where she felt the adrenaline to kill. Her face was stoic and lacked of any expression. Even though she liked the feeling of the adrenaline pumping inside of her whenever she kills, it wasn't like she was a murderer though she wasn't the nicest person around either. She wasn't even close to that. Let's just say that it's who she is. No one undertstands her because no one tried but even if they tried they can't.She was just too complicated for them.With one final statement she disappeared leaving no evidence or any trail of what happened there.
 
E-Soul | 11:30
 
A wind passed by carrying a comforting breeze along with a girl as she landed softly on top of the roofs of the many houses built from bricks. She landed softly as if it was like she rode the wind and slowly made her way to her current location well she did if you put it that way. Her eyes studied her surrounding as she was crouching down on the rooftop as if she was making her whole being invisible to others and she did a perfect good job even though the light from the bloody moon shined over everything in its path and it made everything have a reddish complexion. Seeing no approaching danger or any signs of it, she sat down as her two feet were outstreched from her body unlike earlier where her feet were completely hidden. She said nothing, everything was quiet. For others, it was normal but being a trained individual as she was, she knew it was far from being normal. With fast reflexes, she quickly retracted her feet and immediately stood up as she used both of her arms as a boost and using her fast pace, she raised her right leg with force and agility as in a matter of seconds her right leg is now in the same level as her head as it hit something as it glowed through the moon's light and without wasting time she jumped towards the creature. For a normal basis, it was like she was playing hop skotch but for others, it was like you were the cow that jumped over the moon but what can she do? Training benefitted her in many ways. She landed past 6 other houses from the past house she jumped from and with another loud cry, the creature disappeared and went straight to oblivion as a black soul appeared and like on cue, it made its way towards the girl and without looking back, the soul is now in her hands as it was slowly in and it slowly disappeared as her hand glowed bright blue breaking the continous red light from the moon and with one final sentence it disappeared once again.
 
"Mission accomplished"
 
Somewhere inside a warehouse | 11:45
 
A tall figure can be seen creeping through the shadows as it salivated just by the sight bestowed below her. With a dark smirk, she lunged but before she can make another move, something spoke up.
 
'Have you finished your mission?' A cold voice rang through in the silent air but there was no ear piece or anyone beside her, in other words, there was no form of communication at all but the figure answered.
 
'No but I'm about too. Can you let me finish? My drool is dripping from my chin already and my little baby can't take the sight anymore.' She mused as she kept an eye to the things just below her.
 
'Finish it quickly. We only have ten minutes left and I don't want to screw this up at all.' The voice said and an idea popped inside the figure's mind.
 
'If you want me to finish quickly then can I use it?'   Anyone can see the michievous glint in her eyes as she her lips.
 
Absum | 11:47
 
'Fine but don't over exert yourself.' The figure on the other line sighed and sat down as it supported itself with both of its arms behind its back and look at the bloody moon and soon another figure joined and also sat down and make itself comfortable.
 
"Is she done yet?" 
 
"No" and with that, they heard the sound of a large explosion followed by thousand of grunts and painful howls and property being destroyed and turned to things that are undescridable to the human eye but no one can see anything from there line of sights but they did heard it clearly.
 
"Guess she's done already."
 
"Yup!" Another figure appeared in front of the other two as she have a dark grin etched on her thin lips as she wiped the corner of with the back of her hand.
 
"Took you long enough."
 
"I know. Hey you need to savor those things down so you can enjoy,it's not like you just gobble them up. Don't you know that?" The tall figure mused as she her lips.
 
"Yeah tell them!" Another tall figure appeared beside the girl who was her fingers. The newcomer was tall but not as tall as the previous one but was still tall among the other two who was sitting.
 
"How should we know? You two are the only ones who eat them through your mouths remember?" The taller figure shrugged it off since she was happy with the meal and she was sure it was enough for the night well just for the current night.
 
"You're too sarcastic Yuri unnie." The newcomer mused and also took a seat beside the so-called Yuri who was already sitting down.
 
"At least it's true Yoona"
 
"But really unnie, they are really delicious. Why don't you try using your mouth?" The so-called Yoona knit her eyebrows together as she looked at Yuri who is now laying down with her arms behind her head.
 
"Yoong, don't forget that you are different from us. We also eat but we don't use our mouths for those things." Yuri patted Yoong's head and caressed her soft pure jet black straight hair as she sat up then laid down once again after she finished.
 
"What has gotten to you Yoong? Don't tell me you are getting stupider?" The taller figure gasped dramatically and put both of her palms in front of mimicking a suprised expression with both of her eyes were wide from 'shock'
 
"Yah! I'm not getting stupider Sooyoung unnie! I think you are the one who is getting more stupid. Last time, your hand was almost cut off if it wasn't for me."
 
"Yeah you did saved my precious hand but my beautiful nose got crashed into the wall thanks to your wonderful push." Sooyoung rolled her eyes as she held her nose.
 
"Yeah and you looked like that Rudolph guy because it was so red." Yoona then raised her head as she tilted it backwards and opened wide open as a hearty laugh came out.
 
"Yah! How can you compare me to that freaking reindeer!" Sooyoung stood up and pointed her finger accusingly to Yoona whose laughing her head off literally as was wide open just like an alligator.
 
"Will the two of you stop it? Sooyoung you're a freaking reindeer and you Yoong is a freaking flounder now shut up. You're going to attract unwanted attention." Yuri opened one of her eyes and looked at the two as she mumbled something before going back to sleeping.
 
"Stupid chodings." she mumbled before going back to sleep.
 
"Shut up dinosaur." Sooyoung and Yoona both remarked at the same time making them look at each other and laugh there head off once again. Yuri grew red due to the over flowing rage and also from embarassment as she abruptly stood up and attacked the two who now ran for there lives as they somehow played a game of catch around the little rooftop. Laughter was evident and it helped to ease the situation as all of them were heaving a merry moment except for one figure who was still sitting down not bothered by the fact that there was someone who was playing a game of tag on the rooftop as it held to the silver lock on its necklace as its eyes was directed to the bloody moon with an emotion no one can ever explain. With a sigh she slowly stood up still clutching her necklace making the other three immediately stop what they were doing. The sight was actually amusing to the figure's eyes but she didn't let it show as it looked at there eyes. Yuri was holding Sooyoung's collar with a fist formed and raised in mid air ready to punch the day lights away from the tall girl while Yoona was holding to the formed fist trying to stop her unnie from doing so. The figure shook its head as it looked at its wrist watch as it announced the time accompanied by a sigh.
 
"It's already 11:55 Let's go. It's time. Don't let your guard down and prepare to strike anything that is considered as a threat. Don't screw this up because if you three did, I'll kill you." And with that, the three gulped as the merry atmosphere was quickly destroyed followed by a tense one. Cold sweat broke into the three as they let go of each other as there emotions are now the same, cold. They fixed there clothes and backed away from each other as if the three chodings weren't there and as if the jokes and laughter never existed. It wasn't like they were cold and deadly well they are but they are not all that but like what was stated earlier, there training benefitted them. Good luck finding the benefit in that but nevertherless, it was still due to there training. The wind once again passed by as the hair of the four figures that were standing there looking at each other with a deadly intent danced. Everything turned silent like earlier and with a silent sign, they took off leaving there own dust to the rooftop.
 
Lux Lucis | 11:57
 
Things hasn't changed at all. Destroyed houses, rabble and trash here and there, respective belongings clattered everywhere, everything was just drastic. When it said that things hasn't changed, it's not just about the physical but more. Creatures clattered here and there looking for another victim, that was supposed to be the usual 'routine' as they like to call it but this time the creatures were gone, not a single trace can be found except if you went towards the center. Four figures can be seen making there way towards the center as they jump at whatever there feet can land to as they swiftly glide through the wind. There presence was evident and mostly noticeable even to the creatures that are far away from them. Each step leaves off an aura than makes those creatures overwhelmed. Not too long, some creatures made there way towards the four figures trying to stop them but they were too weak to beings like them. As they stride over towards the center, they single handedly killed there enemies as soul per soul appeared on there way making a trace of where they have been.
 
"Dispose of those souls, it's making a track of where we have been." With that said, Yuri killed one more in front of her as it used its remaining body as a boost as she lift her whole body upside down and threw herself up in the air making her back face the front then with three summersault in the air, her head is now on top as her legs were split apart resembling a straight line acting as a glide while she held her right hand out as her left hand grabbed her own wrist and like a suction, all of the souls got in as her hand devoured everything.As soon as she was done, she landed on her feet and continued her way. Sooyoung, not letting the opportunity past backflipped and ended up in her own arms instead of her feet and used the rooftop as a platform while she twirled her arms gracefully as she flipped her legs like a proppeler and soon her body made a circular motion like a spinning top and soon some of the souls got redirected towards her. She pushed herself off the rooftop as the souls that were collected on the bottom of her feet flew in the air and with some unknown force, the countless soul got squeezed together and soon a little purple soul formed out of the fifty souls that were gathered together as Sooyoung grabbed it and opened and ate it and started to chew on it as she also started to run after the other figures. Yoona ate every soul from the creatures she killed as she didn't stopped in her tracks at all but she was a little mad that Sooyoung got to eat so many souls. The four continued there way and soon they arrived at the very center as the figure arrived first before the other three as they used the side of a tall building as a hiding place as she raised her left hand signalling a stop from the other three as they watched intently.
 
Centrum | 12:00
 
No one will believe them if they told that they travelled for only a matter of minutes despite the vast place as they also fought countless of creatures along there way.As the four figures studied what was happening at the center of Lux Lucis,one of the figures started to get uneasy due to an unknown reason that she doesn't even know herself. None of them spoke a word but if you have sharp eyes, you can see that they were having a conversation.
 
'What is that?'
 
'It looks like a ritual.'
 
'Why would they held a ritual at a place like this where beings like us can detect them and stop them?'
 
'I agree with Yoong. This doesn't make sense at all.'
 
'Me either Sooyoung.'
 
'This is not included on the mission he gave us. I don't remember reading about a ritual being held here in Lucis from the file. I'm going to kill him when we get back. Yoona, Sooyoung, Yuri you three will help me about that later.'
 
'We'll be happy to be of an assistance Taeyeon.'
 
The four figures chuckled darkly as they have already devised a plan for him. Once that was settled,they immediately focused on the said ritual. There was two large towers towering over the creatures as the two towers resembles a large pathway that can be seen on museums since the top part of it was curved as each tower ends with a sharp point while the bottom was straight. At the center was a ball of sphere with a somewhat similar to a magnifying glass on top of it. On the ground was somewhat a table or a bed made out of rocks and bricks. The creatures were forming a crowd as they resembled a crowd of people looking at something. Suddenly one of the figures noticed something.
 
'Everything turned back to normal.'
 
'What do you mean Taeyeon?'
 
'The moon is not red anymore as everything has finally regained back its natural colors. It must have been past 12.'
 
Taeyeon looked down at her watch as she earned a confused look in her face.
 
'But it's only 12:10.What the hell is going on?'
 
But before anyone of them can answer, all of the sudden three large creatures fell from the sky as they landed on the ground creating a loud earthquake. Yoona almost slipped due to the sudden violent shake but good thing Sooyoung was able to hold on to her as they manage to not blow up there cover while Sooyoung and Yuri only sighed in relief. They once again stared immensely at centrum, the center of Lux Lucis.They weren't able to see a good view due to the three large creatures that were towering over there own sights even though they were already at the top of the highest building that can be seen throughout the area.Like on cue, one of the large creatures held out something, it was its hand as it looked like a gesture then all of the sudden the other two creatures lunge at the crowd behind them and killed everyone of them leaving a large mass of black souls.
 
'What the? I thought they were in the same boat then why did those two killed the other creatures?'
 
'Well I guess the boat has gone heavier and it needs to take off some weight or better yet, they are planning to do something to the boat. In other words, they are doing something much more different than just simply attack humans and eat there souls.'
 
'You mean...'
 
'They're creating something big that is out of our comprehension. One wrong step and we could all die.'
 
And she was sure she wouldn't be stupid enough to lunge themselves down there.No that would be took risky and sacrificing the life of others were never her forte.The others gulped but nevertherless were determined to understand what was happening down there and also to make it out alive.
 
'Guys look at that.'
 
Sooyoung pointed something. The other creatures faced each other then all of the sudden used there sharp hands as they stab each other in each hearts spelling there deaths on the way and soon the two disappeared leaving two huge souls. One was a pure reddish soul as you can easily mistake it to be fire. The other one was a pure bluish soul as it was the same color as the water in the ocean.Sooyoung then felt something churning in the pit of her stomach and she was sure it wasn't hunger at all and she knows Yoona felt the same.
 
'Those souls are not any ordinary souls at all.'
 
'I don't feel so good unnie.'
 
Yuri then put a hand over Yoona's forehead as she quietly exclaimed.
 
'You're burning up! I didn't know you have a fever!'
 
'She doesn't have a fever earlier. Beings like Sooyoung and Yoona are highly sensitive when it comes to souls. For Yoona's case, the presence of those two souls are causing a turmoil inside of her body causing for her to break in a high fever.'
 
'So those souls are...'
 
'If consumed, they might cause imminent death.'
 
They slowly laid Yoona down while still trying to hide as they let her rest while from time to time, Yoona will let out a whimper. The last creature there took all of the scattered black souls as it swallowed them one by one. Once it was done, it gain hold of the bluish soul as it tilted its head upward as it opened its mouth wide as the soul made its way inside its body then soon after, it did the same thing to the red soul as it faced the two towers then with a loud painful cry, the creature itself dissintegrated and soon a huge soul appeared. It has the color of red, blue and black mixed together then all of the sudden, Centrum gradually turned red as Taeyeon looked at the sky and saw the bloody moon once again but this time even more redder as the clouds made way for the light to shine towards the magnifying glass as the light went passed the glass then to the ball of the sphere as the sphere itself turned red too then as the ball was like a ball of magnetic force, the mixed soul quickly made its way towards the ball of sphere as it slowly got absorbed then suddenly, a huge burst of light came out of the sphere through the magnifying glass as it shot itself to the sky destroying the clouds on its way creating a hole then soon a bright force of light came out of the hole blinding everyone as they covered there eyes trying to save there eyes from the blinding light but before they can truly covered there eyes, Taeyeon was sure she saw a figure falling down from the sky.
 
'What the?'
 
'Is that her?' 
 
Once the bright light was gone, all they saw was a destroyed Centrum as there was no remnants of the past events that happened there. They saw Centrum ,Lux Lucis center, was covered in flames at one part and the other was frozen in ice but it immediately disappeared but they were sure there was raging flames and a huge block of ice but that is not there concern right of now. Once everything has settled down, Taeyeon jumped off from the high rooftop to the ground with ease as she landed softly followed by the others with Yoona that was already asleep as she was already settled on Yuri's back.
 
"I seriously don't remember this in the description." Finally after talking inside of there heads for the past minutes or hours, they were happy that they can finally talk while using there mouths.
 
"And that's why my dear Sooyoung, why we will kill him for screwing up. Is Yoona okay?" Taeyeon grimaced. Even though she looked cold, she still cares for her dongsaeng.
 
"Yeah. She's okay Taeyeon except for the fact that she whimpers once in a while." Taeyeon didn't said anything other than that as she made way towards the table or bed that was still there.
 
"Whatever that has happened, at least we get to finish this stupid mission along with the other side missions. No matter what, this is the person he was talking about." Taeyeon bend down and carried a girl as if she was her bride as they were already ready to go back but before they do Taeyeon asked something.
 
"Do you guys still remember the plan?"
 
"Of course." Yuri and Sooyoung mused with a wicked smirk on there lips and with that said they suddenly disappeared and with that they left Lux Lucis with one thought inside of the girl's mind.
 
"You are so dead." But before the night can end, Taeyeon's curiousity got over her as she looked down at her wrist and checked the time.
 
"12:00"
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------Chapter 1------------------------------------------------------------
 
The figure slowly closed the book as it breathe out a mouthfull of air as a smile was formed as it rocked back and forth in its chair.
 
"Did you enjoyed listening to the story? If you are then there's more where that came from but I'm sorry. I'm already tired. Maybe next time.Well lesson learned, always stick to the description or you will have three girls ready to take you head off. Feel free to come back once again." With one final smile the door closed as a loud sound can be heard as the old door creaked with every motion.
 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys so did you liked chapter 1? Thank you for the ones who immediately subscribed to it and also thank you for the views ^-^ Feel free to comment too. For the silent readers (if there are any), I hope you also enjoyed reading ^-^ Bye-Bye Misaio out~