Chapter 9: Innocence and Hostility

The Light in the Dark (r)
Taeyeon's P.O.V
"No. Like I said, all the more the reason why I picked you."  Even though he said that, he never gave us any reason to start with. Question always flood my mind whenever that topic rises. The reason for him to picked me? Unknown. The reason for him to put me in a mansion? Unknown. His reason for picking the girls? Unknown. His reason for making us live together? Unknown.
 
Who knows.
 
That's all there is despite of his answer earlier.
 
And I planned to know that sooner,not later. 
 
I have been waiting for years now and not a single word from him regarding that matter ever rose nor any clue nor any lead to let me think of an assumption. We just follow what he says,mostly and let nature run it's course. 
 
We follow, we kill, we serve.
 
"Unnie! Unnie! Look Yoong got me a keroro stuff toy!" Our maknae came rushing to me with a stuff toy that looks like green frog with big eyes in her hands as she showed it to me with such an angelic smile on her lips. I merely chuckled in response at how adorable she looked while she hugged the frog tightly in her arms.
 
"That's great Seobaby. Where did Yoong get this?" I asked as I patted her head while I smiled at her.
 
"At that store over there!" She pointed happily at a small store by the far end near the school's fountain as the ahjussi behind the counter smiled at us and waved as Seo also waved back.
 
"Hyunnie? Where are you?" We then heard Yoona's voice calling for Seohyun.
 
"Go to Yoong,Seobaby. She's looking for you." I once again smiled at her.
 
"Ne unnie. Yoong! Over here!" She ran towards Yoona as Yoona hugged her as the two maknaes laughed at Yoona's antics before they started walking to who knows where. We didn't went towards our class seing it was too boring to do so and the girls also requested to have fun outside and so we did. Bunny was with Soo, Sica was with Yul and Yoong was with Seobaby. They were enjoying each other's company with laughter echoing through the area and with smiles lingering on there faces and it made me smile in response.
 
We follow,we kill, we serve.
 
A frown appeared on my face as my smile turned upside down. That code, that statement, that rule. It was what he used to describe me, the two of us along with the other girls but I beg to differ. Seeing this peaceful expressions and angelic smiles, It almost made me want to deceive my eyes, on what I had saw every single night and on what I had come to learn and that they are the same people, the same girls that I see during the night.
 
The Seohyun who approached me earlier with a stuff toy in her arms looked different,extremely different from the Seohyun whom I command at night with a material in the grasp of her hand that had caused thousands of ends for certain beings.
 
That's why I want to ask him for his reason.
 
Because I don't get it. Why change someone as innocent as her to a person so dangerous in the presence of others?
 
It doesn't make sense at all. Is there even logic in this? Is it ever reasonable to do so? Just what?
 
*rrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggg*
 
The loud sound of the bell echoed through the quiet surroundings of the school making it highly noticeable to everyone even to us. All of us stopped we are doing and proceeded inside as we went to our respective class which is located on the third floor of the building. When we went inside, instead of a room filled with chairs, a table on the middle with a blackboard or whiteboard behind it, we were greeted by a huge field that was divided into different sections. The first section that was the most far away from us where composed of a punching bag, some dummies made of different materials and a boxing ring in the middle, treadmills around it and other equipment. On the next section near it, there was a somewhat a stall made for practicing shooting either with a gun or a bow in the middle, there was also a part where there was targets of bull's eyes placed just beside it with poles placed very far away from it. There were targets being hung on the air with guns and bows placed away from it too.
 
I wasn't able to see everything when a man suddenly appeared in the middle of the field.
 
"Why hello ladies." He has brown hair and black eyes.
 
"Who are you?" I asked with my tone turning cold as I noticed the girls squinting there eyes at him as there merry atmosphere quickly disappeared as soon as they saw the man and I was no different.
 
It was our defense mechanism. 
 
Whenever someone else comes to us that we don't know or have met for the first time, we act cold and indifferent to them to see if they are just like the others. We don't let others see our true nature that easily, we find it wrong and we may feared that they might find our weaknesses and hurt us again. Letting others knows who and what we truly are and how we really act was considered as a mistake and like I said, a weakness as we were taught to never open up to anyone else as it was left to us as a choice if we are to open to each other.
 
And so we did as our secrets ,either dark or not,and our weakness are kept just between us.
 
"My,my. You are just what your files had described. Cold and impolite and very blunt as I might say." He snickered as he waved a number of files in the air but we remain unfazed.
 
"Yuri, I never knew that files that are made out of paper and words can talk." Jessica asked as she was being back-hugged by Yuri.
 
"That's because they don't" Yuri answered as they never broke there hug,it's not like we want them to.
 
"Ah, Jessica and Kwon Yuri." At the sound of Yuri's last name being mentioned, her grip around Sica's waist tightened as her jaw clenched.
 
"Don't mention her full name." Jessica coldly stated that was accompanied by her infamous glare as she traced her fingers delicately along the outline of Yuri's hand up to her forearm as Yuri just nuzzled her face on Jessica's neck hiding her face from anyone's view.
 
"May I ask why?" He pressed on with that smile of his.
 
"You have no right."
 
"Where exactly I have no right?  To ask why or to mention her full name?"
 
"Both."
 
"Well then. Jessica and Yuri."
 
"Yes?"
 
"Ah! Jessica, a straightforward girl with a short temper who pretty much cares for no one except for herself and for her partner,Yuri. The second most dangerous in the group" She's the biggest sweetheart I have ever known.
 
"Yuri, a quiet one but rather cunning in most times and labeled as third as the most dangerous ones in the group. Mostly seen with Jessica" A loving girlfriend and a trustworthy friend.
 
"This files are very accurate,don't you think?"
 
"They're just a bunch of letters bundled up to form words that are arranged to form coherent sentences." I answered with my tone sounding ridiculed as ever.
 
"That are used to describe each and everyone of you" He quickly answered thinking he had won whatever fight we are fighting although I'm not sure if we are fighting him or we are the audience that makes a comment or two.
 
"Perhaps." I smirked.
 
"...perharps not." replied by Yoona as the look on her eyes told nothing but mockery as her words were filled with enthusiam,not to talk with him but to twist a word or two.
 
"Im Yoona." He opened a folder that was placed on the middle of the stack of folders in his hands.
 
"Whose that?" She asked with a frown of her face. An actress, a great one really. Sarcasm? I never used it even after I described Yuri and Jessica.
 
"Yoona" He corrected.
 
"Yes?"
 
"Hmm, same as Yuri. Sly and cunning but more playful unlike her whose pretty much serious which is pretty ironic as I might say.Also the sixth most dangerous."Quite a choding but loving to us unnies as I might add.
 
"You standing in front of us as you blabber about things that are centered around ourselves that we already know while we listen is considered ironic enough don't you think?" Sooyoung's voice suddenly echoed after a long silence from her. A string of snickers came out of us girls as we do wonder why we are wasting our time on him.
 
I guess we are being amused. Being playful is in our nature after all.
 
"Sooyoung,mmhmmm. A girl whose pretty courageous that stands between the line of bravery and recklessness.Pretty smart too.Fifth most dangerous member" A funny and truthful one. Likes to fool around with Yoona and Yuri a lot. Takes care of the two maknaes although being the third one at that.
 
"Been there done that." Sunny answered earning a high five from Sooyoung.
 
"Ah Lee Sunny, Mr.Lee's daughter. I'm honored to meet you." He bowed.
 
"How trite." She rolled her eyes as she snuggled in my embrace more. Did I forgot to tell you I was hugging her all this time? Well now you know.
 
"Lee Sunny,same as Sooyoung but more well-behaved compared to her but likes to fast things up. Very impatient too. Fourth most dangerous member" A cute one whose as sweet as Jessica and a ray of sunshine in the morning and even in the night. Quite lovable too.
 
"Quite an addict too" He added as he looked at the files while we proceeded to take a place on the grass as we did our own businesses. Me laying down as Sunny was also laying down but this time her head is on my stomach while she played with her DS as I her hair while I watch her play. The YulSic couple sitting as Jessica is still in Yuri's embrace while Sooyoung and Yoona are eating once again while Seohyun read her book as she sat up.
 
"Be careful with your words." I growled as Sunny slowly comforted me as she rubbed her hand on my right thigh.
 
"Because I didn't get to finish my words when I didn't permitted you girls to enter the field." He answered with a frown as he also sat down.
 
"We know."
 
"Sunny,a game addict."
 
"better."
 
"Seo Joo-hyun"
 
"Who?"
 
"Seohyun."
 
"So you know."
 
"The maknae of the group. I say that you're the most patient one but very meticulous when it comes to everything even at your other members. Mostly the one who comes up with strategies. Very serious when it comes to missions and very blunt too. Quite stubborn too. You're the least dangerous one in the group" Maknae,an innocent angel as she is our anchor to keep us snapping at everyone every single time. She's also the reason why we act like this. We don't want anyone hurting her and if a single tear comes out of her innocent eyes, well everyone knows what's going to happen next. She's also our anchor to keep us from drowning into insanity. Very lovable and sweetheart next to Jessica.
 
"keep talking."
 
"Taeyeon,the leader of the group. A cold,arrogant one with a short temper that commands her members with a single word and controls them with an iron grip, quite a ruler as I might say. Quite a smart one,smarter than Sunny, braver than Sooyoung and follows no one except herself and the girls. More cunning than Yuri and more playful than Yoona.Very blunt and straightforward at most times.You're the most dangerous member out of the group. Quite an info. you have here."
 
"non-taken"
 
"I never said it was an offense."
 
"Your tone tells otherwise."
 
"Well now that I had read every member's profile, I might say that this is the end for our class this morning. It was nice meeting you girls. I am Kim Hyun-joong but I would want you girls to call me as Mr. Kim."
 
"got it." Seohyun lazily replied sensing none of us will.
 
"Well that is all. Have a nice day and I hope you enjoy today's interaction,Goodbye Mortifer."
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys^^ Oh my gosh! New subs and there's an upvote ^^ Thanks guys ^^ For the new readers, hope you guys are enjoying this. You all might be wondering what happened to the figure and the latter as the figure telling a story to the latter. Well first of all, no I did not removed them. It's just a way for me to describe that the story is continuing without any disturbance nor any stop. They will be back, sooner or later in the chapters. Well I'm really thankful for you guys :) Happy reading~ Misaio out~