~7~

Try to Fall in Love

“Waiting for me? What do you mean?”

Teo glared at Yun, waiting for an answer. Yun looked around, trying to think of a way to change the conversation. Eventually Teo got frustrated and threw his arm up so his hand was resting on the wall above Yun's right shoulder.

“Well?” Teo gestured for Yun to speak. Yun glanced to the left quickly, making Teo turn his head, and ducked under Teo's arm, sprinting down the corridor. Teo sighed, shaking his head.

 

Seoyeon smiled as Teo walked back into the room. He gave her a small smile back, but sat a few desks away from her. She thought about Yun and his inability to keep his mouth shut and wondered what he'd said. However, he didn't return all day, not even texting or calling Seoyeon to explain. She glared at her phone all the way home, but Yun still didn't try to communicate with her.

 

“Why don't you go and see Sam tonight?” Mrs Park asked Seoyeon, popping her head round Seoyeon's bedroom door.

“Maybe tomorrow,” Seoyeon told her. She got in bed as soon as she got home from school with a lot of chocolate and some DVDs. At that moment she was watching Disney's Beauty and the Beast.

“Go on, get some fresh air,” her mother probed. “You could go to the park or something.”

“Ugh,” Seoyeon groaned. She pulled herself out of bed and stood in front of her mother. “I'm already in my pyjamas though.”

Mrs Park sighed. “Fine, stay in then. You're coming shopping with me tomorrow evening, though. Okay?”

“Okay,” Seoyeon grinned, happy that she could get back in bed. She clambered back in, pulled the duvet up to her chin and pressed play. Her mother shook her head as she closed the door.

 

Yun wasn't in school the next day. Seoyeon sighed as she saw his empty seat and sat down tiredly. She was clock watching all day, breathing a sigh of relief when the last bell finally rang. Teo hadn't talked to her all day; she needed to find out what Yun had said. She dragged her feet down the school corridor, being pushed around by the excited younger kids, looking around glumly. She reached the door and walked out into the bright sunshine.

 

“Seoyeon! Seoyeon dear, over here!”

Seoyeon turned to the sound of her mother's voice. She saw her standing metres away from the school gate, waving like crazy. Seoyeon nodded and walked towards her, pulling down her too-short skirt as she went. Her senses were somehow more aware than usual; she noticed the groups of boys stopping and watching as she shook her hair out of a ponytail and ran her fingers through it. She even heard a few comment about how pretty she was, which she had never heard before. Was she pretty? Yun and Sam often told her she was but she never really thought about it. Before she realised, she was at her mother's car.

“Seoyeon? I'm asking if you want to change before we go shopping,” Mrs Park clapped in front of Seoyeon's face. Seoyeon blinked before shaking her head.

“Early night tonight, I think,” Mrs Park smiled as they got in the car. Seoyeon nodded, though she'd had more than enough sleep. She glanced back at the school as the car pulled away; it was such a drab and dull place she wondered how anyone could possibly go through it and not want to throw themselves out of the window.

 

“Isn't this pretty?” Mrs Park held a short floral dress in front of Seoyeon. Seoyeon took it from her and looked at her reflection in the mirror. The colours brought out the light streaks in her otherwise natural dark brown hair. Seoyeon nodded happily.

“I'll buy this for you, then,” Mrs Park said. “Do you want to go and find some new t-shirts or something? Maybe some jeans?”

“Um, yeah, okay,” Seoyeon replied. She wondered what was happening- her mother never usually bought her clothes unless she begged. She shrugged and wandered over to another section of the shop.

 

 

Seoyeon caught the bus to Sam's house on Friday, seeing as Yun wasn't there to brighten up the long walk. She opened her bag to check if she had all of her books and noticed another bag inside her bag. She opened it quietly, and saw the dress her mother bought the other day folded up neatly. She smiled and got off the bus a stop early to change in the toilets at the shopping centre.

 

Checking her reflection in the mirror of the bathroom, Seoyeon tugged at a knot in her hair. She finally smoothed out all of her hair and smiled at herself in the mirror before picking up her heavy school bag and leaving.

 

“Yeonnie! I thought I was never going to see you again!” Sam picked Seoyeon up and spun her around as soon as she arrived. “You look pretty,” he said. Seoyeon could've sworn she saw a blush creep onto his cheeks for a moment.

“Thank you,” Seoyeon grinned.

“You want to go out to the park, or something? I'll buy you ice cream,” Sam asked sweetly.

“Sure, why not?”

Sam pulled on a loose jacket and led Seoyeon outside.

 

“I've never been in this park before,” Seoyeon said, gazing around as if she'd never seen anything before.

“It's always really nice and quiet because no one knows about it,” Sam told her. He took her hand and began to run down the path, making Seoyeon have to almost sprint to keep up, until they broke off the tree-lined path and into a small clearing.

Sam cleared his throat. “Hey, Yeon, I have something I need to ask you.”

“Go ahead,” Seoyeon shrugged.

 

Seoyeon's head began to spin as Sam knelt down on the ground and pulled out a box from his pocket.

 

wowowow the plot thickens!!!

i love writing this so much you don't even know i just hardly get chance to sigh

squeaks wow even i'm excited to find out what happens next

thank you for reading!!! <3