~20~

Try to Fall in Love

And you know... I'm never gonna change, I'm always gonna stay, when you call for me, I'm right there... Right there...” Seoyeon sung to herself as she made dinner one Friday night, the day before she and Sam went to his work Christmas party and a week before they left for England.

Why don't you ever sing for me?” Sam complained, turning down Seoyeon's Ariana Grande CD, making her stop singing mid-sentence.

I can't sing,” Seoyeon blushed, turning the CD back up and wiggling her bum in time to the music. Sam laughed and headed back into the living room, where he was making last-minute plans for their trip to England.

 

Seriously though,” Sam poked Seoyeon's nose just before he turned the light off, and pulled her close under the covers, “You have a really pretty voice. You should sing more.”

My singing is awful,” Seoyeon told him, poking his nose. “You have to pretend you like it because we're engaged.”

I'm not pretending anything,” Sam disagreed.

I'm going to sleep,” Seoyeon decided.

You really can sing-”

Night!” Seoyeon interrupted, Sam sighing in defeat. “Love you,” she whispered a little later, just in case.

 

Just like she was in the shop, Seoyeon was struggling to zip her dress up just minutes before they had to leave. She'd done her hair and her make-up already, luckily, and now she was twisting and pulling herself into the most awkward positions trying to do it up. Sighing resignedly, Seoyeon opened the bedroom door and called Sam to come and help her.

Yes, princess?” Sam popped his head round the door.

Can you zip my dress up?” Seoyeon asked him, and turned away from him like she'd done in the shop. Sam didn't answer but she soon felt his warm hands pulling the zip up easily and then resting on her hips.

You're perfect, did you know that?” Sam whispered into her ear. A blush rose to her face and she turned her head to look at him.

As long as you think so,” she muttered and kissed him quickly before brushing his hands off her waist and rushing past him to put her shoes on.

 

Seoyeon's eyes widened as Sam led her into the restaurant the party was at. It was modern and lit by strips of light running along the ceiling and the edges of the tables and the bar. Blue lights in the corners gave the room a contemporary feel, one that Seoyeon didn't feel comfortable in, at all. But this was one night, a few hours of sacrifice for Sam, who gave up everything for her. She could do it.

 

A couple of hours later, the party was still going strong. She'd sat through a meal in between two gossiping ladies, who she'd learnt were Yuri and Hyoyeon, and now she was stuck listening to a woman called Sooyoung complaining about her boyfriends and how none of them would come to the party.

You're so lucky you have Sam,” someone called Taeyeon interrupted Sooyoung, having been stuck listening with Seoyeon. “He seems so sweet and selfless. Does he treat you well?”

Yeah,” Seoyeon nodded, glancing over at Sam, who was stood very close to one of the prettiest girls at the party, Tiffany. She gritted her teeth and told herself it was natural, of course Sam would have friends who were girls. Seoyeon only had friends who were boys, which must be annoying for Sam. So why couldn't she shake the feeling of jealousy off? She ducked out of the conversation and headed to the bathroom to clear her head.

 

Luckily the womens' toilets were empty and Seoyeon headed to a sink with a huge mirror above it, staring at herself in the eyes. For a moment she truly hated herself, for feeling so jealous about Sam standing near a pretty woman, and she splashed a little cold water on her face to snap herself out of the feeling. She heard someone coming and quickly pretended to be washing her hands, feeling relieved when she saw it was only Jessica, who gave a small smile before heading into a cubicle. That was when Seoyeon's plan formed- she would do exactly what Sam was doing to her.

 

After touching up her make-up and brushing her hair with her fingers, Seoyeon headed out to the party, clutching her bag close to herself. She soon spotted her target- one of the boys Sam had introduced her to when they'd arrived at the party. He worked in the same department as Sam, and wasn't bad looking either.

Hi... Jinyoung, is it?” Seoyeon initiated the conversation as she leant against the wall next to him.

Yeah. You're Seoyeon, right? I've heard a lot about you,” he almost laughed.

Oh God,” Seoyeon laughed with him. “What kind of things?”

Sam just... Always talks about you. It's like you're the only thing he ever thinks about,” Jinyoung told her. “So where do you work?”

Seoyeon stared at him with wide eyes. “I- I'm still at school,” she admitted.

Oh...” Jinyoung didn't seem to know what to say. “I was going to offer to get you a drink, but now-”

Yah! Jinyoung-ssi!”

Both Seoyeon's and Jinyoung's heads snapped to where Sam's angry yelling was coming from. He was storming over from where he'd been standing with Tiffany, though there was no sign of her now, and Seoyeon immediately felt guilty.

Come on, Yeon,” Sam took Seoyeon's hand and pulled her away from Jinyoung, rougher than he'd ever been. They'd only been talking, hadn't they?

 

What's up?” Seoyeon asked as Sam dragged her back to the car, shivering in the December air.

You're mine, okay?” Sam said suddenly, stopping just in front of his car. “I'd give you the world and I'm sure you'd do the same for me. Let's just leave it at that.”

Seoyeon obeyed for once, and climbed in the car silently, then sat quietly for most of the journey home.

I'm sorry,” she whispered finally. “I just... I saw you with Tiffany, and I got so jealous, it was hard to breathe. You wouldn't understand; you've got girls falling at your feet, practically begging for you, but you're all I have. I've never had a boyfriend. I don't know how I'm supposed to act. So if I get it wrong, then I'm sorry. I would never do anything to hurt you. I'm sorry.”

Oh my God, I made you cry again,” Sam glanced across at Seoyeon as she attempted to blink tears back. He pulled over to the side of the road, even though they were only a few minutes away from home, then got out and walked briskly around to the other side of the car. He opened Seoyeon's door and pulled her out into the night, and folded his arms around her as if it was the last time they'd ever see each other.

 

Walking into the house, Seoyeon was looking up and not at the pile of paper on the doormat, and she tripped over, hitting her head on the stairs.

Frick!” she yelled, rolling into a sitting position and rubbing her head, where a bruise was already forming. Sam followed her inside and closed the door quickly, kneeling down beside her. He pushed her hair out of her face and looked at her forehead, biting his lip as blood began to gather on her skin.

Wait here,” he told her, and ran to the kitchen, where he pulled a pack of frozen peas from the freezer and wrapped it in a towel, then grabbed a tissue to clean the cut, and a plaster to put on it after.

Thank you,” Seoyeon said and made to take the tissue and frozen peas off Sam, but he drew his hands back.

Stay still,” he ordered as he dabbed the injury with the tissue lightly, then stuck the plaster on quickly, before it started bleeding again. Sam then pressed the frozen peas on Seoyeon's swelling forehead, letting her take the cold parcel off him and press it on her forehead.

 

What's this?” Sam asked, picking up the stack of papers Seoyeon had tripped over.

I'm not sure,” Seoyeon took the papers off him, confused. She scanned the front page and her eyes lit up. “It's the script for Sleeping Beauty- I got the part!”

That's great!” Sam congratulated her. “I knew you would.”

Seoyeon stood up, still holding her ice pack to her head, and beckoned Sam up too. He stood up to face her, but ended up towering over her, so he crouched down a little in order to be the same height. Seoyeon leant forwards and kissed Sam quickly, then turned and ran up the stairs before he could ask for more.

 


woahh im sorry for not updating for ages:(((

idek whats going on i started writing other fics and kind of forgot about this one

laptop screen im sorry i wont forget you again

i hope you like it!!!!