~21~

Try to Fall in Love

Rehearsals for Sleeping Beauty didn't start until after Christmas, but the people taking part still had to learn their lines over the holidays, which was why Seoyeon was sighing as she placed her script at the bottom of her suitcase. Sam had already packed and was lying in bed as Seoyeon began. They now shared a wardrobe, because Seoyeon didn't mind changing in front of Sam any more, so she flung it open and stared at all of the clothes in there. First, she pulled out a few pairs of jeans and some leggings and pushed them into the bottom of the suitcase, on top of her script. She then grabbed a stack of shirts and put them in too, along with some hoodies and jackets to keep her warm. Sam courteously turned away as she packed her underwear and started laughing when he saw her suitcase wouldn't close now, and she still had to pack a lot more.

 

I can do it!” Seoyeon pushed Sam away when he decided to try and help her close her suitcase. She'd managed to somehow fit everything in, but the suitcase was showing no signs of giving in. Seoyeon tried everything- squashing everything inside then slamming the top down, sitting on the suitcase and trying to zip it up- nothing worked. Finally she allowed Sam to try, and sighed when he managed to close it in a few seconds.

There you go,” Sam smirked, pushing the suitcase towards Seoyeon. She stuck her tongue out at him then took it and dragged it downstairs.

 

We're so early,” Sam complained as they found seats in the airport. Sure, Seoyeon had made him leave four hours before their flight, but she didn't want to miss the plane, and she'd never been on one before. She had no idea how early they were meant to be.

I'm sorry,” Seoyeon said, stretching her arms out then leaning her head on Sam's shoulder. She kicked the suitcase at her feet. “Do you think we brought enough? We're staying for two weeks. Maybe I should-”
“Yeon, calm down. Everything's going to be great, okay?” Sam gently rubbed Seoyeon's shoulder as she stressed.

What if I've forgotten something really important? Like... A toothbrush?” Seoyeon worried.

Seoyeon, they sell toothbrushes in England. Everything will be okay,” Sam told her, shushing her every time she tried to say anything else.

 

The plane will be landing soon. Please have your seatbelts on and your seats upright.”

Seoyeon jerked awake at the tinny voice coming from the speakers. Sam was watching a kids' cartoon on the screen in front of him and quickly turned it off when Seoyeon nudged him, giggling. He pressed a finger to his lips then took Seoyeon's hand in his, entwining their fingers.

 

Oh,” Seoyeon stopped as they stepped out of the airport. She had imagined walking right onto the streets of London, not out into a stretch of road that had buses carrying hundreds of people to the car parks.

It's not very pretty,” Sam admitted, leading Seoyeon to a bus, somehow carrying both of their suitcases as well. “But it gets better, I promise.”

 

Seoyeon ended up trapped between Sam and a slightly overweight woman who smelt as if she hadn't washed for a few weeks, so she was glad when they arrived at the car park. A familiar couple ran towards them and Sam began to run too.

Sammy! And Seoyeon! It's lovely to see you!” Mrs Carter smiled as she hugged Sam and then air-kissed Seoyeon. Mr Carter gave Sam a hearty handshake and grinned at Seoyeon. Mrs Carter turned all her attention to Sam as they walked to the car and Seoyeon walked awkwardly beside Mr Carter, twisting her engagement ring around her finger as they made their way across the car park.

 

So, we thought you wouldn't want to stay with us all week... So we booked a hotel room for you. Feel free to pop round whenever you want, but of course, we're going to Korea in the middle of the week, so you can stay at our house if you want to,” Mrs Carter explained to Seoyeon in Korean.

Thank you,” Seoyeon nodded. Mr Carter and Sam were sat in the front, talking quickly in English, and Seoyeon and Mrs Carter were very confused. Seoyeon thought she was good at English but compared to this... She shrank back in her seat a little as the car pulled onto the side of the road and stopped.

 

Come on, Yeon,” Sam opened Seoyeon's door for her, “This is where we're staying!”

Seoyeon climbed out of the car and stopped, staring up at the building in front of her. There stood a luxurious, fancy-looking hotel, overshadowing all the other buildings in the street. Sam retrieved their bags from the back of the car and began walking down the road. He thanked his parents and promised to call them later.

Where are you going?” Seoyeon cried, scurrying behind him.

To our hotel!” Sam called over his shoulder, stopping in front of another building. This building was a little smaller than the first, but it was cuter. Little window boxes held colourful flowers and a friendly-looking doorman stood outside the revolving door. Sam greeted the doorman, who tipped his hat to Seoyeon, and let them into the hotel. Inside, a few floral sofas lined the walls, beige wallpaper with flowers and plants crawling across it covered the walls and the carpet was soft and green underfoot.

 

Seoyeon stood behind the counter with Sam while he checked into the hotel. As she couldn't understand a word, she played with her hair absent-mindedly, until Sam took her hand and began pulling her towards the lifts.

Are we going to go back out?” Seoyeon asked as they stood with another young couple in the lift. The couple watched them curiously.

I don't think so. It's getting late. We'll go out tomorrow, yeah?” Sam told her, ruffling her hair. Seoyeon pouted.

Are we going out tomorrow?” Seoyeon looked up at Sam.

Of course.”
“Where?”

Anywhere you want.”

Ah. Okay.”

 

Oh.” Sam stopped abruptly in the doorway to their room.

What is it?” Seoyeon asked irritably as she walked right into Sam.

Single beds,” he almost laughed. Seoyeon closed the door behind them and giggled.

Looks like it's gonna be a tight squeeze, huh?” she said as she wrapped her arms around Sam's waist. Quickly, Sam picked Seoyeon up and dropped her onto the closest bed, then he leant down to kiss her when the loudest noise you'd ever heard rumbled from Seoyeon's stomach. Seoyeon began giggling, and suddenly uncontrollable laughter spilled from into the cosy hotel room, and Sam began to laugh too, and it felt like they were the only two people in the world.

 


this is so fluffy im not sure what to do with myself

i do this weird thing where i write 2 or 3 chapters and then im too lazy to upload them for ages then you get me updating like theres no tomorrow

anyway yes here you go you might get another chapter in a few hours you might not depends on how much i cringe at what im writing

ilu all!!!!!!