~19~

Try to Fall in Love

Seoyeon skipped happily up to the drama studio on Monday lunch break, leaving Yun doing his homework in the classroom. She greeted Teo quietly when he held a finger up to his mouth.

Someone's practising in there,” he told her. “We could go and find another room, though.”

Good idea,” Seoyeon nodded. She grabbed his arm and began running down the corridor, pulling Teo along behind her.

 

Thank you, my dear prince,” Seoyeon recited, springing up from the table she was using as a bed. “I have spent one hundred years dreaming of my Prince Charming.”

Now I have arrived, and woken you from your slumber, dear princess... We shall be wed!”

These words are so weird,” Seoyeon laughed, dropping her script on the table and sitting on a chair. “Can we stop practising for today?”

The audition is tomorrow,” Teo said, sitting down opposite her.

We know what we're doing though,” Seoyeon replied, standing up again and slipping her script into her bag. “I'm going to go and do some homework with Yun. Coming?”

Teo sighed, but followed her anyway.

 

Seoyeon had the jitters all day on Tuesday, from the moment she pulled herself out of bed to when she was standing outside the drama studio. Just before they were meant to go in, Seoyeon grabbed Teo's hand, and looked at him seriously.

I hope you remember me soon,” she told him, then pushed open the door and walked in.

 

That could've gone worse!” Teo said optimistically as they walked down the corridor together.

But did you see who else was auditioning? You were great, I don't have a chance,” Seoyeon almost laughed.

You were amazing,” Teo disagreed, and held the door open for her. “You want me to walk you home?”

I don't live on your road any more-”

I know, but there are some pretty creepy people around. And it's already dark.”

If you're sure,” Seoyeon nodded slowly.

Of course!” Teo assured her.

This way,” Seoyeon pointed at the road Sam drove down every day.

Okay, let's go!” Teo took Seoyeon's arm and pulled her along.

 

So, you know earlier, you said... You said you hoped I'd remember you soon? What do you mean?” Teo asked as they walked down the road, Seoyeon pulling her blazer around her to fight the cold.

You really don't know?” Seoyeon sighed, every last piece of her hoping he did. “You moved away from here when you were eight, didn't you?”

Yeah. I don't remember much before... I had one friend, and she was great, but my parents had to move because of their work, so I had to leave her.”

Can you remember her name?”

Sometimes I remember her face, but not much else. Do you know who it is?”

Well- the thing is-” Seoyeon looked around, and realised they were already at Sam's house. “Oh... I'd better go inside. I'll see you tomorrow.”

She waved goodbye and opened the door, glad to be in the warm again.

 

Seoyeon flopped onto the sofa next to Sam, suddenly exhausted.

I'm so tired,” she complained, leaning on him and looking at his laptop screen.

Me too,” Sam said. “But if we want our wedding to be next year we need to start organising it.”

We could wait another year,” Seoyeon reasoned. “I mean, it doesn't really make much difference, does it? And it means I can finish school. I mean, Nathan and Adelaide were engaged for fourteen years.”

You like 'Guys and Dolls'?” Sam asked, surprised.

I was in it. It was our school's production a few years ago. Don't you remember?”

Now I do!”

Of course.”

I really do!”

Seoyeon laughed and stretched herself out over Sam, who placed his laptop on her tummy, and carried on searching.

 

Hey, Yeon,” Sam whispered in the darkness that night, his arms wrapped around Seoyeon protectively. “I was thinking, for Christmas... we could go to England. If you want, that is.”

Of course I do!” Seoyeon replied quickly. “That sounds amazing.”

We could leave as soon as your Christmas break starts, then come back just before it ends. Sound good?”

Sounds better than anything else we could do.”

We could go to London, and then maybe to Cornwall, to the beach. Of course it would be cold, but it would still be fun.”

I can't wait,” Seoyeon pushed herself closer to Sam and kissed him lightly.


yoooooo

finally updated

this one's for you kisu i missed you!!!!!!!