Chapter 8. Back To Work

Stealing You

BOA’S POV

“ahhhhhhh” I breathe a deep sigh of relief as I finally walk out of suju’s dorm. I feel as though I’ve just been released from a torture chamber. Raising my hand towards the sunlight, I smile to myself and let out a little giggle. Cold crisp mornings always lift my spirits when I’m troubled. It just makes me feel happy, like a kid again, on the way to school with my dorky schoolbag and ill-fitting uniform. A slight shiver spreads through my body and I quickly shove my hands in the jacket siwon had given me before shaking his head in disapproval yet again - I know he has good intentions, but he acts like he’s my father. Pushing the unlock button on my car keys, I jump a little on the spot and run towards my baby. Pulling my hands out of my pockets, I feel the tingle on my hands before they even touch the car.

“Ohhhh I missed you, you have no idea how much trouble I got in after you left me at that stupid bar” Forgetting about the cold I  the bonnet of my car and smile to myself, so happy to finally have something of my own back. Sleeping in someone else’s bed, in some else’s house, even wearing someone else’s clothes made me miss my own home and possessions so much.

“don’t ever take off like that again”

“so this is the real reason you wanted to leave huh? Tsk tsk tsk, you really have no loyalty do you? Spending the night in one man’s bed only to go back to your baby in the morning?”

Startled I jump and turn to see eunhyuk right behind me.

“well what can I say? I’m a hot commodity you know” I joke. God this is more awkward than last night, but he thinks I don’t remember anything so I act as if I genuinely don’t.

“ahhh atlantis princess shows her cocky side huh? Nice change I guess” he has a smug grin on his face.

“mmmmm well thanks for driving me home last night, I’ll be going now, it was fun”

“where you headed?”

“back to the building, I have practice for my new album. I have a good feeling about this choreography” the excitement splatters all over my face and obviously sparks interest in hyukjae.

“ahh yeah I heard you practicing for “The Shadow” in the studio the other day, the beats real catchy I’d be excited too, theres a lot of potential in that track” he tilts his head to the side as if wondering what he could put together for my song.

“Yeah I was, but that’s not the song I’m excited about. It’s my title track “Only One” it’s a slow song, but the movements are quick and hit hard” I explain to him. One thing me and Eunhyuk both share is our passion and knowledge of dance so seeing his reactions and hearing his feedback really felt like a mirror image of myself.

“really? Yeah I’ve heard the song, by the way congratulations on writing it. It’s really cool. I can imagine the flow of the movements being fluid but since the beat is a bit of an R&B feel, I think you could definitely hit hard and incorporate some really good hip hop dance inside of it aswell.” With his hand on his chin I can see his eyes gleaming with excitement about what he could do with the song. It’s as if he’s choreographing the dance in his own mind.

“well since you took me home last night and kept me out of trouble” I twirl my keys in my hands and try to hide my awkwardness. “ I guess you  could come along and check it out” He lights up the second I suggest it

“jinjaeyo? Yes please! That would be cool! Ah i’d definitely want to” he beams at me like a little kid that just received a gold star.

“yeah cool hop in. By the way why don’t we drop the awkwardness huh? Don’t think of me as a senior but as your friend. I mean we drank together, you helped me, we even slept in the same bed, let’s be comfortable arraseo?” I smile at hyuk and he beams even more at me

“arraseo, let’s go before your manager gets angry at you” he jumps in the passanger seat and I laugh at his enthusiasm.

Finally getting in the car I close my door and reach for my belt but eunhyuk leans over and grabs it first.

“Here let me-“ he stops mid sentence as he turns to look at me. Our faces are barely inches away, color started to creep into his cheeks and he let go of the seatbelt and sat back down.

“mianhae, I was just excited for a second”

“it’s alright. Um, thanks though.” I buckle my seatbelt, start my engine and head to the studio fully aware of the awkwardness lingering in the car. ohhhh this is gonna be a long ride.