Chapter 11. Dancing Into Danger

Stealing You

EUNHYUKS POV

 

They move into their positions and the room quiets down.

"you won't be able to see much from all the way over here' Tabitha nudges my arm with her elbow and nods towards the front of the mirrors, motioning for me to watch from the front. I smile awkwardly and bow slightly before walking slowly in front of them. I can feel Boa's eyes watching my every move intently and act as if i know what I'm doing. The music starts, the dancers move smoothly to the sides revealing her. She stares straight past me into the mirror, yet somehow it feels as though her eyes are still burning holes right through me. The final three beats of the intro sound and she makes her first move. BANG! she raises her arms above her head and dips slightly before rolling her hips up again, hitting the beat hard and right on time. The movement is like a splash of could fresh water after a long sleep, so unexpected and sudden that it takes my breath away. 

" Meo-reojyoman ganeun geudae you're the only one. "

Throughout the entire song her body hits every beat precisely, as if she's controlling the beat, as if it's practically her creating it. The chorus dance is particularly amazing, the way she can hold herself on a certain beat and switch just milliseconds before it's too late is astounding. Her control over her own movement leaves me in awe. 

I'm a dancer and although i've seen many people dancing, i always feel that Boa's dancing is just that bit better. Why? because i can feel what she's singing when she dances, i can feel her pain, her passion , her happiness. Everything she has to give is put into her dance and as a dancer, that's all you want. All you really want is for someone, somewhere, to feel  and believe what your dancing, to understand you in  a way that your words can't convey. To bring people into your world and let them feel the emotions you feel, to share the same moment with you. Boa always dances, well, honestly. When she dances, you know she really is giving you the whole story. Making you fall inlove when she does and fall apart with her too. 

The dancers circle around boa, exiting the stage leaving her alone with one of them. This is getting interesting. Puttling my hands in my pockets, i lean against the cool smooth mirror behind me observing them carefully. He moves closer to her, taking slow elaborate steps, staring at her, focused. Just as they’re about to touch they suddenly jump away from each other and launch in to quick stepped separate actions then move back together. She flings her arms over the top of his head and they lock on their way down, he pops her arms back up and they turn around, hitting every beat with precision. I catch my breath when he suddenly lays down on the ground while boa stands over him. This is pretty impressive. As the couple dance comes to an end I hear a loud shout from the other side of the room.

“CUT! CUT THE MUSIC!” Tabitha waves to the crew to leave the dance floor.

“Okay, now I know that you are all trying your best and it’s coming together well, but we need to work on the couple dance. I know it’s only about 50 seconds long, but guys we need to polish it ! I want those 50 seconds to make people gasp with wide gaping mouths until it’s over! I want everyone to look at it and admire every beat of it. Can’t you at least TRY to bring something new to the table?” Tabitha looks truly pissed off.

In my head I imagined a lot of different ways to play out the 50 seconds of the couple dance, and although I wasn’t sure she’d appreciate my input, I found my trembling hand was raising without my permission.

“”yes?” Tabitha gives me a confused look

“well, I have a few suggestions? If you would like me to show you?” Tabitha stares at me for a moment then looks towards napoleon (the other choreographer) asking his permission. They both nod their heads hesitantly.

“well, since no one else is willing to give me anything, I guess so” Tabitha motions for Boa to stand up.

“oh no no no no it’s fine, I’ll just practice with you. Show you how it is incase there’s something you want to change” I quickly say to Tabitha

“okay then” she tells boa to sit back down and walks over to me. Boa looks hurt for a moment but quickly covers it with a blank expression, staring daggers at me.

“well I’ve got the steps memorised I just thought a few little changes and additions could ya know, heat it up a little?” I smile at Tabitha and she nods in agreement.

“MUSIC!” she yells. The music starts to play from the chorus and I carefully plan out the next few moves. Just before it’s time to walk together, I clear all the awkwardness out of me and focus on the music. When I raise my head to look at Tabitha, I visualise Boa’s face and suddenly feel giddy inside.

Piano instrumental

One step… 2 steps… 3 steps… 4 steps… now

I quickly drop low and place my palms flat against hers, and as I rise up again, I bring our hands up in between what little space I left between our body’s, Staring straight into her eyes. The movement receives cheers and whistles from everyone.

The next part is the same choreography from before, jumping back, quick steps and back together again, this time after I pop her arms back up, I drop my hand down to the very bottom of her back while holding her arm infront of me then grazing my hand slowly down her arm just barely missing her lips with mine. Again, everyone in the practice room was whistling and giggling.

After that, the steps ran just as before.

“WOAH!” Tabitha exclaims as we finish

“that was something! Wow, that’s the feeling I wanted to bring out. I wanted it to be a moment where everyones attention was fixed and locked. A dance that made everyone gasp!” she lightly punches my arm and beams at me with a huge smile.

“oh it was nothing really” I run my hand through my hair feeling sort of embarrassed my all the praise.

“NOTHING? NOTHING? That was amazing!” she says again

“HEY HEY HEY ! Stop stealing my wife you player!” Napolean suddenly appears infront of me laughing as he wraps his arm around her waist.

“that was really good eunhyuk, I got the steps memorised. It was so simple yet so effective” Napolean hugs Tabitha tightly making her laugh and blush

“Next time, choose someone else as a demonstration though alright?” he jokes again.

*buzzzz buzzzz*

My phone vibrates in my pocket

“excuse me please”

EH: Yeoboseyo?
Donghae: Where are you?
EH: im at the building, why?
Donghae: um because, I think you’d better stay away from the boss for today.
EH: mwo? Why? What’s wrong?
Donghae: Bro, that wicked from the west just got you in a heap of . Boss just emailed me the details and told me to take you to him.
EH: huh? Who?
Donghae: I’m coming to get you. While im on my way check your emails from the sooman and expect the worst.
EH: Donghae I don’t know what you mean
Donghae: Yeah well you will soon. And by the way if your anywhere near Boa and you still want a chance with her? I suggest if you run into sooman that you keep her well away from you. Eunhyuk ah, you’ve really ed up.

 

he hangs up just like that leaving me speechless staring at my phone in shock. I quickly log into my emails to find I have tonnes of unread messages from sooman. Oh . What did I do now? Taking a deep breath I tap the screen of my phone to open up a message.

Loading

Loading

Loading

“WHAT THE ?!” I can’t help but shout it as a photo pops up in front of me causing everyone in the room to stare at me.

*message*

Today I received this message from IU herself with this warning.

“if you want this photo kept a secret then tell Eunhyuk he better unblock me and speak to me again. This is a warning, if it doesn’t happen and he keeps avoiding me, I will leak this photo out to everyone. You’ve already lost one of your groups, should I commence another disbandment?”

Your explanation better be good.

*end of message*

 

Short. Simple. Yet still scary enough to send chills down my spine. I can’t believe my eyes. Why would she do such a thing? And what doesn she mean by “unblock”? I never blocked her? If anything, she’s the one that stopped contacting me! In front of me is the first photo me and IU took together, as much as I hate her at the moment, my heart still tears apart at the sight of it.

FLASHBACK

“My hyukkieeeee!” her voice rings through the room and into the bathroom as I finish my shower I quickly chuck on a pair of boxers and walk into the room drying my hair with the towel.

“what is it you irritating little girl?” I earning an adorable pout.

“oppaaa how can you say that to your girlfriend?” I throw the towl back behind me into the bathroom and jump on the bed beside her making her laugh.

“I’m soory, I meant to say, what is it? You irritating little princess” I smile at her and she pushes me hard against my shoulders.

“take a photo with me!” she says excitedly laying down on my arm she snaps a quick snapshot and giggles to herself

“yaaah! I wasn’t ready! Take another one!” I try to snatch her phone but she’s too fast.

“I don’t care hahahah” she throws her phone on the floor and turns towards me.

“oppa tell me you love me.” She whispers as she slowly the side of my face sending shivers all over my body.

“that’s the thing, as much as I hate it, I actually do. And I just know, that it’s bound to bring me trouble. Nothing good lasts for me.” I whisper back to her. She smiles and kisses me, lightly but passionately.

“oppa, your mine okay? No matter what” I just kiss her to silence her and wrap my arms tightly around her

“I wouldn’t have it any other way.” I smile to myself and pull her closer. I wish I could stay here forever.

END OF FLASHBACK

Balling my fists up I fight to hold back the tears that are dangerously close to falling. Then a hand falls lightly on my shoulder.

“Eunhyuk ah, Gwenchana?” a soft voice asks me filled with concern, I turn to see boa – eyebrows furrowed – looking at me with questioning eyes.

“gwenchana” I lie with a smile on my face but I can see she’s not convinced at all.

“eunhyuk what’s wrong?” her face is full of worry and her hand is still squeezing my shoulder.

“well the thing is, I think if been caught in a scandal” i don’t know why I said that, but it just came out like that.

“mwo” the hurt on her face is plain and clear, she doesn’t even try to cover it this time.

“eunhyuk what do you mean-“ the door slams open and everyone in the studio looks towards the person that enters. OH

”Eunhyuk. My office. Now” Lee Sooman speaks the words and leaves immediately and I follow him out of the room leaving boa behind me with her head hanging. Why does it hurt so much to see her like that?

 

Get ready eunhyuk you’re in serious trouble