e i g h t

Resolving

"It wasn't a joke, Gary-ya! We parked too far!" Jihyo complained under her umbrella. "Isn't that you who decided to park at the parking building over there but the police station is over there?" Gary points two thing. The parking building that they headed to and the parking building that take almost fifteen to twenty minutes walking. "I didn't know that the parking lot there will be empty!" — "Why don't you check earlier, Jihyo-ya?!"

 

"I'm sorry, stupid." She jokingly .

 

They had used different umbrellas since they went out from the Police Station. It all because their bad temper.

 

"By the way, I'm thinking that this rain is recalling my memories about my first love." — "Really? Who is that?"

 

"I felt the one who give my teddy bear is him. I know it. But, please don't tell it to anyone, okay? I have fixed answer for now." The tense between them is getting higher. "Who?"

 

"That ghost. Jongkook-oppa. He gave me that teddy bear and he was my first love."

 

Gary's eyes widened. "Really?!"

 

"Rainy day like this was the time he came to my house only for give his teddy bear on my prepare-to-move day." — "He was such a unique person. A boy has a teddy bear."

 

They laughed together.

 

'Do you hear me, oppa? You were my first love who I wish to be my last love. Even I can't wish the last thing anymore, I'm really grateful I meet you.'

 

'You may didn't hear me. I hear that confession between the rain that recalling our past. I hear what do you said there, I hear all of them. I'm too. I'm really grateful that I can meet you.'

 

###

A week later.

 

"Do you have a nice holiday?" Everyone greeted each other in the class. They are looking really happy. "Where have you gone in the holiday?" They asked that thing to each other because curiousity has lead them.

 

But, not to me.

 

"Unnie~!" A cheerful voice greets me, "Ah, Dara. Hello! You're looking so messed up! Don't you get any enough sleep in the holiday?" She's Dara. One of my closest friend. We're looking like twin, anyway. Our appearance always messed up in the morning and hate to use make up in the class. "I went to shop last night because they have a great offer of discount...." She is well known as the hunter of discounts. "I'm still sleepy, unnie...." She groaned in her sleepiness. "How about you clean your face first, then you come back here? I don't want to see you sleep on the class." I pushed Dara.

 

"Alright, I'll be back, unnie!"

 

The moment Dara went out from the class, A really handsome guy came. He is really smart yet' really mysterious. The class' superior. Kim Jaejoong. He always silent. I had even forgotten how his voice like.

 

He's looking for new seat in the new semester, but why he came to my position? Does he want to sit next to me or behind me or maybe in front of me? I don't care where is he, but I hate this guy's aura.

 

After my meeting with Jongkook-oppa, the strange feeling that always came when I saw him, has cleared. The scary yet' intimidated feeling, the aura of superior and mystery is exactly him. It's almost alike with Jongkook-oppa's. The differences between Jaejoong and oppa are only because oppa has a lovely side which make him 'softer' and he doesn't has it.

 

Everytime he saw at me, I always feel like he wanted to steal something from me. I don't know what is that, but exactly there's something about him. It's impossible to see someone with the same feel of ghost come to you. The scary feeling I said before was exactly the feel of seeing ghost. "May I sit here?" He points the seat behind me. "Yes, you can."

 

He's sitting behind me now.

 

"Hey, Song Jihyo-ssi." I turn to him, "What?"

 

"Do you have a boyfriend?", "Of course. Why?" I don't like this kind of question right now. I had lost contact with Gary since last date. We haven't became couple, anyway. But, this kind of relationship is so complicated and so hard to be described. "Remember this thing. Don't believe what your eyes see too much, sometimes, the real truth is something you can't see by your eyes directly."

 

'Don't believe what your eyes see too much. Sometimes, the real truth is something you can't see by your eyes directly. What's the meaning?'

 

"Nice words. Thank you, Jaejoong-ssi." I turn again and see that Dara just returned from wash her face. "Unnie!" She comes at me hurriedly. Her breaths are uncontrollably, it possible that she just ran from somewhere. Her cheeks are blushing. "My boyfriend just decided that we'll go on date at the end of this week!"

 

"Who is him? Where will you go?"

 

"He's my senior at music course who accidentally also a student here. He said he'll accompany me to go to midnight sale! Yeah!" She's really happy, "Unnie, you also already have a boyfriend right?" She sits next to me. She's really curious about it. I decide to nod because it's hard to describe our complicated relationship. "Where have you gone for date? I need new recommendation, unnie~"

 

"We've mostly only around the city. The place that we had visited often.... Downtown's Park. You know that place, right?" Her jaw dropped at the time I said about Downtown's Park. Some girls who listen to our conversation sneakily also stop talking out of sudden. "Why?" I look around and even try to look at Jaejoong's reaction. "Why? Can you tell me why?" I asked Jaejoong, but all thing he gives only his laugh which he holds back. He surely understand why the girls are so shock.

 

"Aren't you crazy, Song Jihyo?!", "She's surely stupid to have date in such place.", "What a crazy couple." I can listen they're muttering behind me. Sigh, I don't understand why. "Dara, can you tell me?"

 

"Unnie, are you serious?" I only nod.

 

"You had a date in the worst place to date around this city! Is your boyfriend's fine? He's fine right?" — "Nothing wrong with him. Maybe, we've some lost contacted, but it's fine for me."

 

Is this thing related to that red hoodie guy? "Hey, there's surely something wrong with it."

 

"Yes, unnie. I ever read in a magazine about some worst place to date in the city and Downtown's Park is number one. The reason is...." Dara sighs and it shows that she hate the reason very much, "Is because when you're having a date in that place, you can't leave your boyfriend alone there. If you leave him, your boyfriend will be ended as the sacrificial lamb of park spirit. That place is children's friend but the spirit hate couple so much."

 

"But, that myth is true. Some of us have ever brought their couple and they accidentally left their boyfriend. When they were back, their boyfriend has gone. The corpse of them also never found."

 

Wait. I have ever left Gary alone because I was attracted to see the children, but why he's safe? "The best people who attached to you like 2 papers with glue can turn into a cannibal who eats without mercy. Remind that, Song Jihyo-ssi." He's relating to someone right now, but the only one who is appearing in my mind is no other than oppa. Could it be that ghosts eat people's soul? "I know who are you relating to, Jaejoong-ssi. You've the same feeling like someone I know." I made a smirk.

 

I know who is the red hoodie guy now. I know it.

 

All thing I need for now is the verification from him.

 

###

 

She's coming home late because she stayed at Downtown's Park to see something. The myth that her friend told, but the result? Nothing. It's empty. No people beside her. Even the red hoodie guy, she didn't see him.

 

She opens the door and find someone who has gone for one week.

 

"Hi." His condition's getting worse. "Oppa, what happen to you?!" She runs in hurry even there's no need run.

 

He's getting paler and his breath's sound is really heavy. "What happen to him, Daesung-ah?", "I don't know, noona! The moment I saw him, he was already like this."

 

"I said to you, Jihyo... Time almost ended for me. There's no need two weeks... Before I disappear."

 

"I had solve the case of your parents! They worried about both of you a lot!" Daesung's eyes become wet, he is moved by it. "That's nice." The moment after he said that, he's fainting. "What happen to him, Daesung-ah?" — "He's fainting. His condition's getting worse."

 

'It's almost over...'