f i f t h

Resolving

She wakes up and find that she already covered by a blanket. She reminded that she fallen asleep in his hug, but somehow...

 

"Why I’m so warm..."

 

Her head is spinning uncontrollably. She got a headache. She laid herself again and covers herself with a blanket. It's so uncomfortable to go out from the blanket so she decides to pick her phone which she puts on the side table next to her.

 

 To: Kang Gary

Oppa, are you busy? Please accompany me. I just realised my parents had gone since yesterday evening until next week. I'm sick, oppa. T___T

 

A 'SOS' message to Gary and he replied it at the flash of light.

 

 From: Kang Gary

I'm sorry, Jihyo-ya! I must check my grandfather's farm at countryside today. My father has promised him that I'll go. I'll try to be as fast as I can so I'll visit you soon. I hope you'll get better! ^^;;

 

"Daesung's right. He must at least have a farm to verify his strange yet so countrified face." Jihyo laughs when she reminds Daesung's first impression toward Gary. "There's nobody today except the maid. I'm bored and sick." She mumbles alone.

 

'I don't have any strength to face him for now. The reason why my tears didn't stop when he hugged me.... It should be because I felt the pain which he felt. Ghost prohibited touching human too much or it'll result the ghost die because of pain.... I ever read that thing.' She stared the ceiling.

 

'It should be really painful because he hasn't touched anybody for a long time. I'm sorry, oppa.'

 

"Are you fine?" Jongkook came and sat on the corner of the bed. "Is this an after-effect if a ghost hugged you?" Her voice becomes really low, "Maybe. I became too much last night. My body is trembling when I pulled you that close."

 

"Is that painful?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"When you hugged me last night, was that painful?"

 

"I'm fine." — "Oppa, if that's hurt. Please tell me and don't touch me, either. I don't want you leave me."

 

"I'm really fine."

 

Their conversation stopped a while.

 

"Can you help me, Jihyo-ya?" — "I'll do if I can."

 

"You aren't fine and don't struggle something to me." His hand tries to touch Jihyo's forehead but she pushes his hand either. "Oppa, if you can help me to answer some questions, I'll help you."

 

"I'll try."

 

Jihyo takes a breath.

 

"Why you help me to face Gary even you know that I don't like him?"

 

"I knew that you liked both of us, but I have dead and you didn't deserve to get me. Gary is a nice person and I know he can protect you."

 

"Why you decide to hug me last night?"

 

"I can hear your heart, Jihyo-ya. It was really cold and frozen with hatred. You were trapped and confused by a truth that you even didn't know by yourself. I tried to beat up the pain when we were touching." He looked at another place, tried to hide his shyness. "Don't talk on your heart too much, Jihyo-ya. I can hear it." He smiles.

 

'Pabo.' She laughs a little. "I'm not stupid, Jihyo-ya. The one who's really stupid is you. Shall we continue?" She isn't shock but she continues the questions.

 

"Who was the psycho man that you realised after a lot years passed?"

 

"It was your father."

 

She doesn't shock or angry either. "Why you aren't shocked by it?" — "This story connected to the Poltergeist at his room. My feeling said this story somehow connected to yours'. There is a man who is going crazy because of money and it’s him. I knew that you disturbed him for a whole week."

 

"Are you that little boy in my past, oppa?"

 

He can't talk but stand up either. "I'm sorry, Jihyo-ya. For this, you should be solved it by yourself. If I answered it, I can turn become wind at the moment I said an answer."

 

"I ever had seen a guy who identically looks like you. He looked alike with you but he couldn't answer anything. Did he somehow relate to you?"

 

He turned himself to not face Jihyo. He becomes silent at the 2 questions. It should be something that he hides about it. "You're extremely an ace, Jihyo-ya. You've reached that level." He mumbles.

 

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't answer that either."

 

###

 

"Daesung, I'm worried about your brother." He came with a glass of water. "Why?"

 

"He didn't answer at any question relates to his past and now he left me." Jihyo's sick becomes worsen. The younger puts the glass on the night-table. "The reason he did it all of that thing is because he still need a time to see both of our parents go out from jail and Noona solved both of that questions. He also want to see that Noona happy with Gary-hyung."

 

"The time for him was almost at end, Noona. Since he helped you from that suicide-plan, He got weaker. Noona knows it, right? We aren't supposed to touch human that close."

 

Jihyo's sighing at it.

 

"When will the time end for him and you, Daesung-ah?"

 

"Two weeks again."

 

###

Next Day.

 

"Sorry for disturb you, Gary-ya." Jihyo enters Gary's car.

 

She gets well miraculously this morning. Her smile returns after the bizarre three days. "What will you do for today?" — "I want to go to that park again."

 

"Hey, Jihyo-ya. Please. I don't want to visit that place once again. Your mood ruined because that mysterious man."

 

"Gary. I'll promise this. If you can help me to solve the sender of my teddy bear and the real identity of that mysterious man on the downtown before two weeks since today passed, I'll accept you as my date. My boyfriend. Don't you want it?!"

 

Gary's eyes are widened by that offer. Who don't want to be her boyfriend of a cute yet so reliable girlfriend? She's extremely nice and sweet, but her mood is... something that words can't describe it. She's looking really pretty for today. "I'm sorry if I keep solve that man's problem, but he need me a lot."

 

"You're such a good woman, Jihyo-ya."

 

"But, he promised me that after his problem finished, he won't disturb us again."

 

'Gary, don't you realize something?'

 

"Us?" Gary stares at Jihyo blankly; he doesn't believe the things that he heard.

 

"Yeah, us."

 

'That he let me to choose and pick from one both of you and I pick you.'

 

"Are you serious?"

 

"I'm serious, duh."

 

'He said I can't fall for him because a dead person isn’t supposed to fall in love on people anymore. He forced me and showed me that you're better than him.'

 

"Two weeks are too long, how about now?"

 

"I'm not ready yet."

 

'Time will slowly heal the sadness, but time won't erase the memories. I believe that word.'

 

###

5 A.M, Jihyo's Room. (5 Hours before dating with Gary)

 

"Hey, Jihyo-ya. Have you awakened yet?" Jongkook suddenly comes to her room, "I've awaken and miraculously, I feel really well." Jihyo wakes up from her bed and goes to the balcony.

 

The sky still black-out and the wind still really cold. From afar, they can see that the city starts to awake like them. "That's great.",Jihyo stares at him. "Are you fine? You're getting paler and your breath become heavier out of sudden." He nods but it's rather unreliable. "Why you become really care at me out of sudden? Woah, your mood is something that words can't describe." — "You've known everything so I don't need to say the reason, right?"

 

"That you liked me, right? I know."

 

Jihyo's face is reddened again by his words. Short, simple, but really strong. Their eyes meet again, but it ended with every sides become embarrassed. "You're so shy toward woman!" Jihyo joked. She tries to push him like what she did to her friends, but it ended her hand is going through. He doesn't physically exist, right? "Oh, sorry." — "That's fine."

 

"I've never seen you go to school, Jihyo-ya." He just realized, "its holiday, oppa. It's holiday after tests which will be ended next week." She sighs. "How can I solve your problem if my holiday left with six days?", "I don't know how, but I know that you can do it."

 

"Alright. Can you let me interrogate yourself again, oppa?" He nods.

 

"But, before it. You should answer my question."

 

"That's easy."

 

She'll regret that words, his question is truly unbelieveable. "Whom do you like more? Is that me or Gary?"

 

She has fallen in both of their heart. How can forget the extremely nice yet' unpredictable attitude of Jongkook? He has saved Jihyo's life from her suicide plan and changed her perception toward Gary. He maybe doesn't as funny as Gary, but at least his soft gentleman's attitude has touched Jihyo's heart. He is also a mysterious person that somehow relates to Jihyo's past.

 

Gary which has colored the monochrome life of Jihyo, was extremely funny and easy-going. He didn't make her fall in heavy-thoughts like Jongkook did; but at least, he left her burdens towards it. He's the only guy that she likes from her parent's introduce. His naïve trait makes him become really funny.

 

"Just pick it up easily like you said before."

 

"Sorry, Jongkook-oppa. I can't answer it." — "Just pick  one or do you want me to touch you again?"

 

If he touches herself again, he'll be in pain.

 

"I'll pick, so please wait."

 

"I'll wa—"

 

"I've done."

 

"You're so fast."

 

She has decided, "You." And she points at him, but Jongkook only can smiles foolishly. It's true that he likes that answer, but it leaves a burden for him. A heavy burden which he didn't want to bring it anymore. "Why you're smiling like you don't like my answer?", "It's not because I don't like it. If want to know, I really like that answer a hundred percent, Jihyo-ya. Really."

 

"So, why?"

 

"It's because you leave me a burden, that's why I can't accept it even I like. On your life, sometimes, you must pick something that will be more useful even you hate it than something you like and useless." He's truly comparing between himself and Gary.

 

Jihyo likes him but he'll useless because he doesn't physically exist and he has dead, so, Gary is better than him. Even she hasn't received Gary on heart fully, but at least, they stand at one world together without any barrier. He's better than him, that's how he thought. "I'm thankful that you liked me, Jihyo-ya. I'm really thankful, but don't you realized that I've dead? We may stand at the same world together, but I have barrier towards you." Jihyo only can stares at him. She's so sad when he said something like that. "At least, you should pick Gary on your life and I'll be more thankful."

 

"Why? Tell me a reason."

 

"A dead person isn’t supposed to fall in world's problem again, Love also counted on that thing. You may see me now, but will you see me at the next day? Next week? Next year?  We don't know. I may have dissapeared at that time. People's feeling will change but if someone has fallen in another people already, it so hard to move it." He laughs a little, "You've understood and known it before, right?"

 

Jihyo nods, "You're softly said that Gary's better than yourself, right?"

 

"You're truly an Ace."

 

"You're truly a gentleman which I never see it before. Your heart is really soft and you can see thing that even not everyone will reach an impossible position."

 

"If I ask the same thing again, whom you'll choose?"

 

"Gary, but I still like you."

 

"Nice answer." They laugh together.

 

###

 

They're headed to the downtown again

 

Only for today, there's no Kookie with them. Jihyo doesn't bring him and that wandering soul also doesn't join them. It's truly the day only for them, but it still leaves her another question.

 

'If I don't bring Kookie, so I won't see him. If I bring it, I'll see him. Do that teddy bear somehow connect to him?'

 

"Hey, Jihyo-ya. I have seen your teddy bear at a shop before, when I asked, the price is really expensive for a teddy bear." Gary sighs, "That's old thing, oppa. It isn't as expensive as that thing right?" Jihyo points something at outside. "What?" — "That thing." Jihyo points to Jewelry shop out from a lot of shop and Gary can only silent. "Of course, Jihyo-ya. Of course." Jihyo laughs at his expression. "Hey, the lamp already green! You want to wait again?!" She suddenly sees the traffic lamp.

 

"You make my focus blurred!" The car continues again. "I'm having a trauma, Jihyo-ya. I can't look at the price of jewelry. That's so scary because the zeros are uncountable.... Woah." Jihyo laughs. She understands what exactly he means. "Such a nonsense, but they're like the train's wheels, right?" Gary nods at her word which is exactly true. "You should buy me ones sometimes."

 

"I can't promise it."

 

They're chatting all the time on their way to the downtown. Even nonsense, it's somehow really fun and light-hearted because there's no burden between them. "We will reach downtown in fifteen minutes." Gary looks at the road, "That's fast."

 

Maybe, they won't never realize and believe it, if there is someone between them, who keep silent to protect someone...