f o u r t h

Resolving

10 years ago. Downtown.

 

It was a rainy day before I moved to another part of this city. I couldn't go everywhere even I had an umbrella. My mother didn't allow me.

 

All of my toys already packed. One box has sent but another box still left outside. The thick plastic has closed the boxes. I stared the road from my room's windows. The two-story house made the road's view became clearly.

 

I stare at a house which located next two 2 house from the front of my house. An old European house with two-story. I kept my eyes at a boy who played freely on the road. He brought a blue umbrella and wore a red jacket. Not only that, he also brought a teddy bear with him. I couldn't see his face clearly but, I was sure that he also looked back at me.

 

At the time we looked at each other, he ran to his house. He hid behind the tall fence and I giggled. He was so cute with his shyness.

 

"Jihyo-ya!" I left my room and went to my mother instead.

 

--that boy.

 

I hide myself behind the fence. She was really pretty and cute. Even my eyes were too small; I could see her face clearly.

 

I had been became her secret admirer. I always hide my face every time I stared at her. I kept my thought that she was sick so she couldn't go out even a while, I hope my teddy bear would make her get well soon. I wrote a message.

 

'Bear with the pain. Forget your gloomy past and you'll be happy with your future.'

 

I also wrote another message, but I thought if that was too mature and too stupid for a youngster like us, but I wished that she'll remind it until she grown up.

 

I looked at her window again. There was nobody. "Hyung, how long you'll be stay out there? It's raining!" My little sibling called me, "I'll come soon!" I stared at my teddy bear; this was my gift from my mother about two years ago. My mother always drew me as a teddy bear. A cute teddy bear which would be grown up become a muscular teddy bear. I didn't understand why she thought like that. I was a boy and would grow up became a man someday. It should be okay if I gave her this. My first love? Yes, you were.

 

I ran as fast as I could. I crossed the rain and stopped in front of the 'boxes mountain'. I put my teddy bear on the top of boxes which was closed by a thick plastic. I closed it again and left it with a letter. 

 

'Please name it with Kookie and I hope we would meet when we had grown up someday!'

 

###

 

"Impossible." Jihyo mumbles.

 

"What happened noona? Do you realize something?" Daesung stares at her closely. "Nothing."

 

She laid herself and pulled her blanket. "Leave me alone. I want to go to sleep."

 

"You won't sleep comfortably if you don't solve the mysteries." A familiar voice came suddenly.

 

"Why you appeared in front of me, Kim Jongkook?" Her voice becomes lowered and stronger. A bomb is ready to explode on her head. "You've known my surname already, Song Jihyo." A smile appears on his face, it's exactly they known something about it.

"The only son from that family, right? The ones who turned my parents become crazy over money." His expression changes. "You come to my house because... you want to take revenge on my parents. The ghost who appeared on my parents' room some weeks ago was you. From description that my father gave, it should be you." 

 

"How can you say that was me?"

 

"Daesung has little eyes, but his side profile isn't as strong as you. Appa also said that he's the same aged with me, so, he must know you. Don't you forget that you've said that we've same-aged?" Jongkook only silent and stare at her blankly. "Is that everything that you did... as a soft revenge? So you'll do a harder someday?!"

 

"Why you said everything I did become revenge? I did it exactly because...", "You hate me, right?" Jihyo sits on the corner of her bed.

 

"I like you, Song Jihyo! My mission changed when I saw you didn't afraid of me!"

 

"What mission?"

 

"I want to let your parent know the feeling of ours."

 

Their breathe become harder. Both of them stare each other with a lot of emotion. "I had been frustated because of silence for almost a long time. You and Daesung were the only people who understand me without any hesitation!"

 

"You're a liar! Your family has changed both of them! You did the entire thing so I will accept you! I believe the one who change them are your family." She stands up and points at him but her voice's getting softer. "Whom do you believe more? Is that me or the truth which you never see by yourself?"

 

"Tell me, Jihyo-ya!" He grabbed Jihyo's shoulder.

 

She hears something. A breathe which is getting heavier. It's so close to her and she's afraid that it came from him. "I never believe in anyone again, except that little boy."

 

"How much time I must said that I liked you, stupid woman?" He pulled Jihyo closer to him until both of themselves meet each other closely. She hides her face on his chest, on his tight embrace. He hugs her tightly but his pains become crazier. "Please believe me that I don't use you, Jihyo-ya. I do this with sincerity." He her soft hair slowly, "If you want to cry, that's okay. You can hate me as much as you can, but please believe me Jihyo-ya. I'm sorry if I did what exactly like you said before, but I didn't do it. People will change when they see something valuable. Greed and change are human nature."

 

Jihyo feels an unknown pain which hurts her a lot. An unknown pain which make eyes wet of tears.

 

'You are sacrificing yourself so you can touch me... I don't need that much, oppa. I can feel your pain. A ghost wasn't supposed to contact with human this close, I know it.'

 

"I'm sorry, Jihyo-ya. I'm sorry."

 

'I felt wrong to accuse you without truth that I never seen by myself. Oppa, can you hear my heart? I should be the one who said sorry.'

 

"I'm sorry." Jihyo's voice is echoing. She feels the same when he patted her head or safe her when she'll jump. Her hands replies his hug, she let her hands to embrace him.

 

The rain is going down out of sudden.

 

The voice of water is accompanying her with the warm hug from the muscular teddy bear to the land of dream. She's fallen asleep in his warm embraces without any hesitation.

 


 

Author's Note : well, I rarely put an author note in this story actually, but maybe the first thing I must say is I'm totally busy with school and I'm still adapting with the new schedules from the new school. I also got sick because of it and well, shortly, my condition is going down nowadays. Unknowingly get totally exhausted after 8pm are one of the sign.... *sigh* 

I'm sorry that I haven't updated this well, but actually, it's also fair (?) for TQTH because I'm still working on the latest chapter (but... I haven't got enough ideas! uhuhu, I'll keep delay it until idk  ;;;) 

I'm totally sorry for late updating and anything..................... 

-bbvc.