s e c o n d

Resolving

"Mrs. Song! Glad to see you!" A man cheerily greets Jihyo's mom. A strange pitched voice or alien's voice for Jihyo's ear. "Come here, Jihyo~!" Her mom also cheerily calls her.

 

She is still doing some make-ups with some maids. Daesung is looking at the process behind the maids while Jongkook gone without any traces. Dae only said before it started, he doesn't need to not call him, she only need to looks at the mirror and focus behind the maids exactly. There are no heavy make-ups, it's only a light which often used for a casual weekend date (?). Nothing special, she only wears a simple black dress with flat-shoes. She remembered that she did this only for fulfilling 2 people's wish, her mom and him. He said to do it with sincerity, but... 'I can't do it for someone who I don't love.'

 

She stares at the figure of herself in the mirror. She looks really simply pretty. 'I hope the one who see me like this wasn't him, but it was you either. Where are you?'

 

"Nah, we have done. Let's go down." A maid reminds her and she only nods with faking her smile. She leaves her room only with the maids. "Hyung, have you done to see what has been wrong in this house?" Dae talks alone. "No, I haven't reached the final conclusion." It's exactly his voice, but where?

 

"You're so slow, hyung." The younger looks at Kookie who sits next to him.

 

###

 

"I'm Jihyo." She shyly greets the man. "I'm Kang Gary! You're so pretty, Jihyo-ssi~" He naughtily teases her, "Thanks."

 

"I'll leave both of you, okay? Have fun." Her mom leaves both of them at the living room without caring anything. "I think if you put more effort in your make-up, you'll be more beautiful!", "But, I don't really like it. I prefer bare faced instead. My mom said its better." She's faking her talk now. "Ah, I hope I can see your bare face someday! So, I'll call you with MongJi (Blank Ji) instead." He laughs. "Why you must call me MongJi?"

 

"You just blankly stare at the park and it looked cute, Jihyo-ya~~"

 

'He's too cheesy and childish, but he's fun. Not as bad as I thought.' She's sighing at it, "Oh!" Something catches her eyes from the window which connected to the park, "Come here!" She loudly calls someone. It's Jongkook who takes her teddy bear with him. "Do you see...? I mean, call someone in?" Gary looks at the park, "Yeah, there's a man who takes my teddy bear with. He's there."

 

"Your teddy bear? It's lying on the grass, Jihyo-ya." He points to the teddy bear which he looks at his eyes as the teddy bear is laying comfortably on the park's grass. "No, there's a man, Gary-ya!" She harshly decline Gary's statement. "You're hallucinating. Shall we continue our talk?" Gary grabs Jihyo's hand tightly to catch her attention. 'I'm hallucinating? No, I'm exactly seeing him....', "What happen to you, Jihyo-ya? Do you using..." — "I'm not using that kind things, I'm telling truth." She's pouting cutely.

 

She looks again to the stairs that located right next to the living room, "Hey, Gary-ya. You see there's a teddy bear, there?" She points to her teddy bear which sits at a stair, "Yes, but, it just some minutes passed when I looked it on the grass.", "You should believe me that there's someone who unexpectedly look at us, now."

 

"That people who you called before?" She cheerily nods, "That's him! He looks at us now, but I don't know where he is." — "You're creepy, Jihyo-ya~!!!"

 

"Anyway, can you pick it up for me?"

 

Gary walks to the stairs and tries to pick the teddy bear. "Jihyo-ya... What did you put on this teddy bear's stomach? Bomb?" He can't pick it easily but something catches her eyes again. She's realising there are feet at sides of the teddy bear and it head is held by someone, no other than him, it's Jongkook. 'You're so naughty.' Jihyo giggles at him, 'At least, you aren't bored. That's enough for me.' He answers it.

 

Jihyo laughs at Gary's expression; He's too ugly to be described. Jongkook removes his feet from teddy bear's side and Gary pulls it again, but it ends with he stumbles backward because he can't resist the pressure afterwards. "I pick it for you." Gary gives the teddy bear even he still has a pain because it. "Thank you." Jihyo only smiles. "For the guy who only Jihyo knows, don't be too naughty to me!" He naively said. She only can hold her laughs and so does him, "I'm sorry if I disturb her. I only accompany her."

 

'Say to him, that's okay.'

 

"He said, its okay.", "Ah really? That's great." Gary sighs. "I see that you're really afraid with him."

 

"But, if he doesn't freak you out, so it means he's a good person right?" Gary's naïve persona appears again.

 

'Oh, that's right. His words are right.' She starts to make some parts of conclusion which will drive her to a truth. "I'm right?" Jihyo only nods.

 

###

 

She lies at the bed after locked her bedroom. Everything went fine like Daesung's word before it. Nothing's wrong. The meeting between she and Gary became fun because his naïve persona and of course him, Jongkook. He helped Jihyo to face it with a sincerity even her mom didn't look it. 'Thank you, Muscular teddy bear!' Her heart shouts really loud. She always brought her teddy bear next to her at that meeting because she felt that muscular teddy bear always looked at her every time through that teddy bear and she felt comfortable with it. "How's it, Noona?" Daesung comes from the balcony like this morning. "Is it fun?" Daesung sits at Jihyo's bed corner. "Yes, that guy is quite naïve and he's funny. I don't think a chaebol family's son will act like a country boy"

 

"Chaebol?! So he is a chaebol family's son?" Daesung is shocked because of it, "A hundred percent right." — "Noona, you should know my first impression of him. His face is really flat like lines and the first thing appeared in my mind was... He is an owner of a big farm, but he's actually a chaebol family's son. His face is so standard, ugly, and countrified..." Daesung sighs. "I know that, but I don't score people from his face. It's more from their attitude toward me and other people. He's polite and quite naïve, but that's make him really funny. Your brother and him are like a comparison of sky and earth, they're really contrast with each other."

 

"So, how's my brother like if you said he's really contrast with him?"

 

"You brother is really mysterious and silent. He is quite timid but his first impression is nice, he's brave and quite determined, maybe? I don't see he'll funny, but I see that he'll be extremely serious with his life." Daesung's eyes widened because her statements, "Noona has talked really fast... How can you do it?", "I don't know, it appeared by myself."

 

'I'm lying again, duh. My talk became fast when it came to talk about someone.... Ah, forget it.'

 

"Ah, Daesung-ah, can you leave me alone? I want to take a nap, I'm so tired." She's yawning and leaving Dae alone, "Noona, you don't erase your make-up before sleep?"

 

"No..."

 

Jihyo's a heavy sleeper. She will leave her make up on even she's sleeping. Her habit isn't only stop at that, she also can easily take a nap at every time without disturb her night sleep.

 

"Hyung, can you tell her now?"

 

"Not now, Daesung-ah."

 

###

 

"Jihyo-ya, come here." Her dad calls her to the living room out of sudden. "Why?" Her mood becomes broken, She stares at her dad sharply. She drop the formality in front of her dad when she's in a bad-mood. From afar, she can see that's her mom also next to him. "Sit there."

 

"You know Poltergeist, Jihyo-ya?"

 

"A phenomenon where everything is really noisy and messed up without any reason or I also can said, mysteriously. What happened?" — "It happened to our room for almost one week, without any day breaks and in a night, I see an image of someone at the mirror, staring at us coldly, I believe he was a ghost and he's someone that I knew it."

 

"Who is that?" — "A boy, he's quite tall and I think he is in the same-aged with you, Jihyo-ya." Jihyo suddenly think some people who have an appearance like that, is that Daesung? "Little eyes with pale skin. He has a strong side-profile." Her dad continues.

 

'No, it can't be him.' Her eyes widened, "You know him?" She shook her head but it actually a lie. "Ah, it's impossible that you know him. He looks like my friend's son, but he has died about some years ago, duh. That should be another hallucinations that I see." Her dad laughs but it leaves a strange impression for Jihyo. He's afraid but he also acts like nothing's wrong with it. She only can silent in the strange feeling which appears on this conversation unexpectedly. "Oh then, how about the meeting? He's not a bad boy, right?"

 

"I don't care."

 

She's walking away from the living room and avoiding the uncomfortable strange feeling. 'You're truly a ghost, right? That's why you are so cold like night and then, you could appear and disappear freely. But, why? Why you help me to love someone that I don't love and appeared in my parent's eyes? Do you hate them? Why you can save me from that suicide plan?' She looks at her little hands, 'You helped me that night without any hesitation but why I feel that I just met someone I had missed from a long ago?' Her tears stream down again in her way to the second floor's balcony. "You cry again, huh?"

 

Jongkook has waited for her behind a pillar on the second floor. "I have a lot of question without any rational answers. I don't understand it."

 

"What is that? I may help you."

 

"Who are you? What do you want from me?"

 

She sharply stares at him without any hesitation but he doesn't respond anything. His hand pats Jihyo's head, "You don't need it for now, Jihyo-ya. You'll understand someday." His touch is really warm and comfortable; the feel which she won't get exactly the same even it's from her busy mom. "I want to know it now!"

 

"You won't understand it and even believe it."

 

"You're... not a human, right? You have died... Am I right?" He only smiles but that show if her statement is actually right. He walks toward the balcony and Jihyo follows him. The night is alike with their first meeting. It's somehow warm even it's actually cold. "It's a long story." Jongkook looks at the sky and Jihyo is trying to clean her tears. "Can you tell me? I'll believe it. You're a trustworthy people."

 

"You should tell me why you want to suicide first. Then, I'll tell you after it."

 

"I was stressed, oppa. My dad really want me to marry a guy that has a same status like our family, but he always says that I'm a rude girl even that's just a way I show him that I don't like it. My mom is really busy with her job and her friends. You maybe saw that she was really nice and looked like the one who protect me, but she's actually doesn't care with it. They don't allow me to go out freely from this 'castle' and even I can't pick what university what I want. They pick anything and I can't refuse it." He's sighing at her story, but he likes the first word. She calls him with 'oppa' even he doesn't wish it. "I also sad because I never met the guy directly who had sent Kookie to me, I believe he was the same person who I loved when I was in downtown. He's the one I only loved until now and he's the reason why I never have a boyfriend even until one." Jihyo stops a while.

 

"I hope you'll met him"

 

"Why I talk about him out of sudden?" She laughs in embarrass feeling. "How about you, oppa?"

 

"It's really long."

 

"That's okay."

 

"I has stayed in a condition like this almost for a long time and it's tiring yet' so frustrating, Jihyo-ya. You can't talk to anybody, I always talk to Daesung, but I bet he also bored." He stops a while and looks behind them. He continues, "Daesung isn't my brother, he is my sibling or my cousin from my mom's family. His dad died because of suicide when I still around ten, I witnessed that thing and that's the reason why I stop you, I don't want anyone died in front of me once again." — "Why he did it?"

 

"Stress because of economy. He borrowed a lot of money and so did my father. Both of them can't payback it. They borrowed to a wrong person which has blinded because of money, not until that, my mother also died because of him. She died because her health worsened by that condition. He nagged both of my parents and Daesung's mom until that thing happened."

 

"Sorry because I make you to told story like this."

 

"That's fine. I'll continue, okay? The one who left became only me, Daesung, my dad and Daesung's mom. He sent both of our parents into the jail because they couldn't payback it and then burned our house into ashes."

 

"Don't say that you still there..."

 

"I knew that problem actually, I felt wrong because I knew but I couldn't help them, but what can I did? I haven't finished my school, yet. I continue then, He burned our houses which we still slept on it until it became ashes. I couldn't help us because he has locked any doors and the windows. He's such a psycho. At the last breathe; I swore at myself that I'll make him feel the same which I felt that time someday." Jihyo looks at his empty face,

 

'He should hate to flashback it'.

 

"When I wake up, I found that I only separated from my body. I knew I had turned into ghost and so did Dae who actually didn't care with that problem. I realised that I swore at the last breathe and that made me couldn't go away peacefully..."

 

Her mom suddenly went up and interrupts, "Jihyo-ya, you should go asleep now. Don't stay at the balcony too long. It's already too cold out there." — "Alright, alright~"

 

She leaves the balcony, because that guy disappears again, without knowing that he actually went to somewhere where Jihyo even won't imagine...