Chapter 7

Time Is Over

Warning

Emotional!Kyu

I stumbled into the dorm, taking off my shoes in a haze and going to my room. It seemed so empty because Sungmin had moved upstairs and now I was alone. I wanted to talk to Ryeowook but was busying in the sitting room, studying over his Mandarin for Super Junior M. I could make up an excuse to study with him but I was sure he didn't want to talk to me anyway, not after he ignored me this morning.

 

I laid down on my bed, chuckling at the thought that some crazy fan bought this for me a few years back. I sighed, breathing in the scent the sheets carried with it. It was nothing like Ryeowook's bed, which smelled like him, fresh bread and summer flowers. Gay, I know but it's true.

 

I rolled over on my back, suddenly feeling the urge to take a shower. I got up, stripping myself of my clothing and entering the connected bathroom. I the shower, adjusting the water till it was warm and slipped inside. I grabbed the shampoo and was about to lather up my hair when I heard the faint click of the door closing. I froze, “Ryeowook?”

 

No, it was still high pitched but slightly deeper than Ryeowook's.

 

“Hi Kyuhyun.”

 

Sungmin. I relaxed slightly, continuing my task of washing my hair. “What do you need?”

 

Sungmin sighed and I heard his socked feet shuffle on the tile, “I wanted to tell you, I forgive you.”

 

I froze again, my head underneath the shower spray, my hearing slightly impaired by the running water but I heard those words loud and clear.

 

I forgive you.

 

I choked out, “Why?”

 

“I know you live with the guilt of what happened, Ryeowook told me once and I don't trust you fully but I want to move on.”

 

I swallowed past the huge lump in my throat as the last little bit of shampoo washed down the drain. “Thank you,” was all I could manage.

 

The shuffling was back and Sungmin said timidly, “I'm sorry for bothering you. We'll have to talk later.” The door clicked shut again and I pulled myself from the trance I had fallen under, finishing up my shower. I stepped into my room, only a towel around my waist to find Ryeowook sitting on my bed, his legs crossed.

 

He looked up, his expression unreadable, “How did it go with Sungmin?”

 

I shrugged, trying to pretend I didn't care too much and pulling a pair of boxers from my drawer, “Awkward, don't advise him to talk to me in the shower again.”

 

Ryeowook smiled, it was small but it was still there. “He really wants to put this behind us, everyone feels the tension between you two when we're on variety shows and its starting to affect the whole group.”

 

I nodded, slipping the boxers on and letting the towel drop. I grabbed a stray shirt and slipped it on, going to sit beside Ryeowook. I leaned forward, my lips close to Ryeowook's, seeing if he would move away but when he didn't, I kissed him lovingly. It has been a long time since I felt so light. I mumbled to myself, almost not recognizing my voice, “I feel so light.”

 

Ryeowook pulled away first, his hands had gently held my shirt but I didn't notice. He smiled, this one much more noticeable, “I'm glad you're feeling better.”

 

I felt my core stop trembling like it was for the past couple of months and I felt completely at rest with Ryeowook beside me. I whispered, “I want to tell you something.”

 

Ryeowook looked into my eyes, his own sad but compassionate as he responded quietly, “Yes?”

 

I paused, “Don't interrupt me when I tell you this, alright?”

 

Ryeowook nodded, his hands going down to hold mine in a comforting embrace.

 

I took a deep breath, unsure with myself and if I wanted to expose so much of myself to him. For all I know, he could get up and leave me. I calmed myself down and spilled out my story to him, each little detail, each little hurt, each little lie, everything I remembered. I had started to cry sometime while I was talking but I can't recall when. I just sat there, silent tears streaming down my face as I finished up my story.

 

Ryeowook pulled me close, a new dominating but gentle embrace surrounding me. He didn't say anything, just held me, rocking back and forth gently. He softly hushed me as I started to sob, unable to hold it in any more.

 

We laid in my bed for hours, both of us dozing off every 30 minutes or so before jerking awake and staring at each other. I woke up to see Ryeowook staring at me. His eyes darted away, a blush spreading across his cheeks as he whispered, “Sorry, I didn't think you were awake.”

 

I smiled and kissed his nose, “Its okay. I think its adorable.”

 

Ryeowook blushed a deeper shade of red and whined, “Stop it, your embarrassing me.”

 

I chuckled, wrapping my legs around his waist playfully and tickling his sides.

 

Ryeowook squealed, squirming underneath my fingers, trying to push me away. He pleaded, laughing as he did, “Pl-please! Stop Kyu! I'll do anything!”

 

I paused, wiggling my eyebrows and repeating, “Anything?”

 

Ryeowook hit my chest, “.”

 

I laughed and pulled him close, “Stay here with me.”

 

Ryeowook hummed in agreement, cuddling against my chest as he did.

 

“I miss these kind of days,” I said partly to myself.

 

“I do too.”