Chapter 4

Time Is Over

I had stormed out of the building, angry again. She always managed to upset me in one way or another. And now I was driving around, not knowing exactly where to go. I held my phone in my lap, fumbling with it with one hand, the other tight on the steering wheel. At a stop light, I opened my phone and dialled Ryeowook's number. After a few rings, he answered.

 

“Hello?”

 

The light turned green and I started driving again. “Hey baby.”

 

“Kyuhyun, where are you?”

 

I smirked, my cocky side coming out, “Wherever you wanna be.”

 

He laughed sarcastically, “Very funny Kyu. Seriously, where are you?”

 

My smirk became smaller as I heard the genuine worry in his voice, “Sorry. I'm just driving around.”

 

Ryeowook sighed, “Are you coming back home?”

 

I turned a corner, “No, I don't think I am.” I paused, thinking over what to say, “Can I come get you?”

 

A long silence filled the conversation before Ryeowook answered, “Yeah.”

 

I smiled and said in a light tone, “I'll be there soon.”

 

Ryeowook hummed softly and said quietly, “Okay, bye.”

 

I mumbled a good bye and hung up the phone, letting it fall into my lap.

~~

Ryeowook climbed into the passenger seat, avoiding my eyes as he shut the door and buckled. He folded his hands in his lap and refused to look up.

 

I reached over and gently squeezed his knee, asking, “Ryeowook, what's wrong?”

 

He suddenly blurted out, “Are you cheating on me?”

 

I blinked, letting the question sink into my brain. I frowned, “No, of course not. Why would I cheat on you? You're the best thing I have.”

 

Ryeowook pulled his knee away, forcing my hand to slip away. He started to tremble but tried to control it, “You're always gone and you never tell me what you're doing. You just disappear after you see that therapist.”

 

I was at a loss for words, I honestly couldn't tell him anything because I had nothing to say. I reassured him instead, “Ryeowook, I would never cheat on you. You are truly the best thing I've ever had in this world. I could never ask for anything more when I'm with you.” I unbuckled so I could lean on his seat more to be closer to him. I used my free hand to turn his head and look him in the eyes. “I love you, don't ever doubt that.”

 

Ryeowook's eyes were glossy and he was on the verge of tears as he whispered, “Promise?”

 

I gently kissed his nose, smiling, “Promise.”