Chapter 5

Time Is Over

We had fallen asleep in the back seat after we drove around for what seemed like hours, finally stopping at a deserted hill. We climbed in the back seat and Ryeowook laid on top of me, his hands played with the fabric of my shirt and hushed whispers went between us until we drifted off to sleep.

 

I had just woken up, my arms still in the same place as the night before and I slowly pulled my wrist towards my face, squinting my eyes to see the time. I gasped as I noticed the hour and shook Ryeowook, saying, “Baby, come on. Get up, we're late for our schedule.”

 

Ryeowook groaned and refused to move, mumbling, “Tell them we're sick. I don't wanna move.”

 

I couldn't help but smile, Ryeowook, the second umma of Super Junior was telling me to play hockey with him. I shook him some more, “Come on Wookie, I can't sit up if you're on top of me.”

 

Ryeowook whined before pulling himself up in between my legs. He covered his eyes and whimpered cutely, “I don't wanna.”

 

I sat up, his cheek, “I know but someone has to be responsible in this relationship and since your too tired, I guess it's gonna be me.” I climbed into the driver's seat and called over my shoulder, “You can still sleep until we get there. I'll wake you up when we do.”

 

I watched him fall right back on the seat, curling up against the back of it. I snickered, starting the car and driving off.

~~

We arrived at the dance studio, changed and ready but that didn't stop Leeteuk from yelling at us. He was scolding us in front of the whole group, acting like the typical mother and since Kangin had left for the army, no one was bound to stop him.

 

I glanced at Ryeowook, his head was hung in shame and I swore he was on the verge of tears by the way his shoulders were trembling. I finally snapped, “Umma! Stop it! You're making Ryeowook cry!”

 

Leeteuk froze, his eyes going between me and Ryeowook. He grabbed Ryeowook's chin tenderly and made him look up.

 

Ryeowook's face was streaked with tears, his cheeks were flushed, and he refused to look up.

 

Leeteuk wiped the tears away and hugged him, “Dongsaeng, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry.”

 

I had to grit my teeth to keep from snapping. I was jealous over a platonic hug. I relaxed when they finally let go and let out a soft breath.

 

Leeteuk turned to me and said sternly, “Just because your the maknae doesn't give you the right to pretend like you have no responsibilities.” He turned back to the group and started ushering them back to dancing, his bad mood vanishing with a snap of the fingers.

 

I looked at Ryeowook, he had his face in his hands, as if trying to contain his tears again. I loathed myself for causing him so much pain and trouble. It wasn't his fault we were late, I convinced him to come with me and stay out all night. I was about to comfort him when Leeteuk shouted an order, demanding we get into the starting formation for our dance routine and I was forced to leave him alone.

~~

“You missed last week's therapy.”

 

I groaned, rubbing my forehead, “Don't call it that.”

 

Hye Young studied me closely, “Therapy?”

 

I nodded, sinking into the chair once again in an attempt to disappear. Never in my life had I felt so threatened by a middle aged woman whom I had only known for a few weeks. I sighed, “I hate that word.”

 

Hye Young once again had the book in her lap, stilling closed as she asked, “Why?”

 

I retorted, “It sounds like I have a problem.”

 

“And you believe you don't?”

 

My eyes snapped open. I didn't have a problem. I never had one nor will I ever have one. I said calmly, “I don't believe I do.”

 

Hye Young's expression became stern like Leeteuk's only a few days ago. I swear she was mocking me as she said, “Then what caused you to force your love to throw up until his oesophagus was torn and air was leaking into his chest causing him unbearable pain? You don't think that's a problem?”

 

I clenched my fist, feeling each prickling pain as my nail penetrated the flesh of my palm. “I didn't mean to hurt him...”

 

“Then what were your intentions?”

 

I tried to unclench my fist but I couldn't, “I just wanted him to perfect.”

 

I knew Hye Young could hear the pain in my voice but her expression didn't change, “Did he want to be perfect?”

 

I felt my eyes start to burn, this woman was bringing out a side I wasn't used to and I am hating it.