ch.7

His Smile-Mask

  

 

Donghae woke up, still clutching the picture of him and his brother tightly to his chest. He sighed and put the picture safely in his bag and made sure he had everything he needed for break.

It was almost time for him to meet Kyuhyun and Sungmin in the lobby to say goodbye so he took a quick shower and grabbed his bags then headed out the door and down the hallway to the head dorm where the senior that controlled the whole floor lived in. He knocked on the door and the young looking black haired boy opened the door up with a bright smile on his face.

"Ah Donghae-ah heading out already?" Donghae's dorm head Lee Seung Gi asked.

"Yeah. But will you do a favor for me while I'm gone?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can you feed my fish?" Donghae's fish are very precious to him and he only trust Seung Gi hyung to watch them while he's gone.

"Sure sure. Have fun!" He waved to Donghae as Donghae walked down the hall to the stairs that led to the front lobby.

He spotted Kyuhyun and Sungmin sitting on one of the couches in the lounge area so he ran over and stuck his head between the both of theirs. Sungmin screamed and backed away while Kyuhyun just chuckled and smacked his head.

Donghae laughed and jumped over the back of the couch and landed with a bounce in between the two. Sungmin playfully hit his arm for scaring him and he just laughed at him and hugged them both at the same time.

"Why you so happy hyung?" Kyuhyun asked as he starred, with an eyebrow raised, at the overly excited boy sitting next to him.

"Seung Gi hyung is going to watch my fishes while I'm gone!" Kyuhyun never understood why Donghae likes Seung Gi hyung so much, maybe because he always gives Donghae candy every time he saw him.

"Then wheres your candy?" Kyu asked him and Donghae suddenly frowned, yup the candy is the reason why he likes Seung Gi hyung so much.

"He didn't give me any."

"Here." Donghae and Kyuhyun looked towards Sungmin who had a blue monkey lollipop in his hand. Donghae happily took it and stuck it in his mouth with a goofy grin on his face.

"Thanks Sungmin hyung." Donghae said then Sungmin noticed Kyuhyun's pout so he took purple bunny lollipop out of his bag and gave it to him. Kyuhyun thanked him but frowned at the lollipop in his hand.

"Why do I get a bunny?"

"I only have bunnies left." Sungmin said as he stuck a pink bunny lollipop in his mouth. Kyuhyun shrugged and popped it into his mouth.

Sungmin pulled his phone out of his pocket when it started ringing. He looked at the message then put it back into his pocket and stood up.

"My ride is here. I'll see you guys at Yesung's party." They both hugged Sungmin then waved to him as he got into the backseat of his parents car and left.

"So what are you going to do about tutoring over break?" Kyuhyun asked after a while of them both silently eating their lollipops.

"Oh Hyukjae is going to come over my house." Donghae sighed and Kyuhyun frowned.

"How come he gets to see your house before I do?" Donghae looked at him with a smirk on his face.

"I don't want him to but he doesn't want me over his house. I'll invite you over before he comes over though. I promise." Kyuhyun smiled and hugged Donghae who happily hugged him back.

"What do you plan on doing during break, besides having me over and going to Jongwoon's party?" Donghae asked Kyuhyun as he continued to the monkeys yummy head.

"Oh Sungmin hyung is going to come over sometime."

"He should come over when I come over so I can get to know him better." Donghae said and Kyuhyun beamed, thankful that Donghae suggested that.

"Good thinking hyung." Kyuhyun said, trying not to sound too eager. His phone buzzed so he pulled it out of his pocket and read the text message.

"Well I have to go hyung. I'll call you tomorrow. Okay?" Kyuhyun said as he got up and grabbed his things, after giving a manly hug to Donghae first.

"Okay! By Kyu! Watch out for those aliens, their everywhere!" Donghae screamed as he waved at the leaving Kyuhyun. All the students in the lobby looked up at him with looks that said 'are you crazy?'  But Donghae just shrugged them off and sat back down, continuing to eat the blue monkey in his hand.

Donghae felt someone sit on the couch beside him and when he looked to see who it was he got shocked, "Hyukjae? Why are you here?" 

"Can't I sit down without you bugging me?" Hyukjae snapped and Donghae shook his head and looked to the front of him again. 

"Give me your number so I can text you before I come over. I don't want to end up seeing anything that may make me blind." Hyukjae snapped without looking at him. Donghae just rolled his eyes and wrote down his cell phone number on a nearby peice of paper. 

He handed it to Hyukjae who hurridly took it and left. 

"Don't let him get to you Hae." Donghae muttered to himself and got up when he noticed his mom's car out front. 

He put his bags in the back seat then sat in the passenger seat and buckled himself in. He smiled at his mom and leaned over the divider and gave her a big hug. 

"I missed you mom." 

"I missed you to my little fishy." His mom cooed as she playfully pinched his cheek. Donghae groaned but a true smile was still on his face. 

"How are you?" Donghae asked as he let go and his mom started driving. 

"Fine, everythings good. But Hae honey I have some bad news for you." Donghae's true smile instantly turned into a fake one at her words.

"What is it?" 

"Your brothers coming home in two days." 

"I'm staying at Kyuhyun's then." Donghae said as he shook his head in disbelief. 

"Can't you just believe that he's changed?" Donghae's mom asked with a big sigh. She hated how Donghae was terrified of Donghwa even though she understood why. But she believed that Donghwa changed. 

"No. Because I know for a fact that he didn't. He never will change." Donghae muttered as he starred out the window trying to not shake with fear in front of his mom. 

"Just give him one more chance." His mom begged and he sighed and looked at her with pained eyes and a fake smile on his face. 

"Fine." 

The rest of the car ride was silent and Donghae hated it. He hated the fact that his mom always believed that Donghwa was normal. Him and Donghwa used to be super close but that was before Donghwa became weird. Donghae misses those times when they were always together but he knew that he will never get to experience them again. 

Because Donghwa turned into a monster, and he couldn't change back and Donghae knew it, even though his mom didn't. 

________________________________________
_______________________________________

 

Sorry for the late update!

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE <3
 

 his_smile_mask_by_delusional_love-d4e90h