Ch.11 [Part 1]

His Smile-Mask

   

 The AMAZING poster above, which is for all the parts I'm making of Chappie 11, was made by Pretty_Monkay at Monkay's Graphic Design Shop >> Very Open  CHECK HER OUT~!

 ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning Donghae woke up to the smell of his moms freshly baked muffins. He instantly shot out of bed and raced down the stairs and into the kitchen to see Donghwa and his mom putting the muffins onto a large plate.

They both looked over at him and smiled warm smiles that made Donghae's usually frozen heart warm up.

*This feels just like I remember it, before my life changed.*

He smiled back at them before quickly grabbing a warm muffin off the plate and dashing towards his room, laughing lightly.

He flopped onto his bed and started munching on his muffin happily. His phone vibrated on the nightstand and he shoved the rest of the muffin in his mouth before picking up his phone and looking at it.

 

From: Key hyung

To: Hae

Is that party we're going to today, a sleep-over?

 

Truth is, Donghae almost forgot about the party. It's not that he didn't want to go, he did, but he was kind of nervous. He hoped it wasn't awkward considering Jongwoon's weirdness. And on top of that Donghae invited most of his friends, that really didn't know Jongwoon.

Donghae shook the thoughts out of his head and replied to Key.

 

From: Hae

To: Key hyung

Yea hyung :) Starts at 7

 

But despite being nervous he was kind of excited. He hasn't done something like this in what seems like forever.

His phone vibrated again as he got up off of the bed and made his way over to his closet.

 

From: Key hyung

To: Hae

K. Minho and Taemin are staying at Onew hyung's tonight so Jonghyun and I will come over at

6:30 ^_^

 

Donghae smiled at his phone and replied back with an 'okay!' before putting his phone on his desk and getting his backpack out of his closet.

He stuffed some clothes, toletries, and a few other small things he wanted to take with him into the backpack and threw it on his bed after zipping it up, remembering when Donghwa used to yell at him for packing to much when he'll only be gone a day.

He then went to the bathroom and took a shower to get freshened up before breakfast.

~~~~~

Once all three of them were gathered around the dining room table and eating happily Donghae suddenly felt the familiar feeling that something was missing and he knew what it was.

"When is Dad coming home from China?" Donghae asked, staring at his Mom's expression as she stopped eating and looked up at him.

Donghae was always closer to his dad than his mom. He looked up to his dad and loved him dearly. But when his dad started becoming popular internationally he had to move to China. His mom wanted the three of them to stay in Korea so Donghwa and Donghae could finish school so his dad went to live in China alone.

Donghae hasn't seen him since the middle of summer and while he was visiting him in China his dad told him that he might get the chance to move home soon, but he hasn't heard anything about it since.

"Hopefully soon, but we can't be sure." His mom smiled a sad smile at him and went back to eating her food.

Donghae smiled at them to try to cover up his hardened expression and decided to change the subject. "I'm going to a sleep-over party at a friends house tonight with Key hyung and his husband Jonghyun hyung, okay?"

Donghwa and his mom looked at Donghae surprised that he was actually going to hang out with his friends during break, it was very unusual of him.

"Okay honey. Have fun." His mom smiled at him.

He finished his breakfast and went upstairs to call Kyuhyun to see if he was still going to Jongwoon's party.

Kyuhyun picked up the phone sounding like he just woke up from a deep sleep. Donghae laughed lightly and hummed to himself as he waited for Kyuhyun to wake up fully.

"Donghae hyung?" Kyuhyun asked after yawning more than 4 times.

"Are you fully awake now Kyu?" Donghae chuckled.

"I think so hyung. What's up?"

"Are you still going to Jongwoon's party tonight?" Donghae asked as he starred out his window, looking at nothing in particular.

"Oh yeah. What time is it again?" Kyuhyun sounded more awake now than he was before.

"7, and it's a sleep-over." Donghae said as he chuckled at some kids playing at the small neighborhood park a few houses down from his.

"Aren't sleep-overs supposed to be for girls?" Kyuhyun snorted and Donghae rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, but it was Heechul hyungs idea."

"That explains so much. I'm going with you so I'll be at your house around 5:30."

"You didn't even ask! But its okay as long as you don't mind riding with two of my neighborhood hyungs." Donghae said thinking of Key and Jonghyun.

Donghae thought about having Kyuhyun meet them all at Key and Jonghyun's house but he actually did want Kyuhyun to meet his mom and see his house, although there still was that bit of fear inside of him.

"Cool. Gotta go hyung, breakfast is done. Bye." Kyuhyun rushed out due to hunger.

Donghae chuckled again after hanging up. He made his way over to his computer and checked his email to see if he had a new message from his dad, seeing none he made his way downstairs to see what his mom and brother were doing.

As he reached the living room he saw them sitting on the couch watching what appeared to be, their home videos.

Donghae watched as he saw a smaller him chasing after a small Donghwa in the backyard, swinging his tiny fist at him.

Donghae remembered doing that. Donghwa stole the stuffed fish his dad got him and Donghae told him he was going to beat him up if he didn't give it back, even though he was younger.

His eyes didn't leave the screen as he sat down on the couch beside his mom.

As they continued to watch home videos Donghae noticed the way both of the brothers face expressions changed as they grew older. Donghae became more sad, scared, and distant while Donghwa became more jumpy yet confident.

Donghae was so immersed in the videos that he didn't notice that it was almost 4 o'clock until his mom tapped him on the shoulder and pointed at the clock on the wall.

He raced upstairs and into the bathroom to take a shower and freshen up before getting ready for Jongwoon's party.

Once he stepped out of the bathroom, dressed and ready to go, he saw that it was only 4:30 so he went back into his bedroom and stood at his huge picture window to wait for Kyuhyun to arrive.

As soon as he saw a tall lanky figure walking down the sidewalk holding a piece of paper in his hand he raced down the stairs and flung the front door open before bolting down the yard, out the gate, and onto the sidewalk.

He stopped right before Kyuhyun, who didn't even look up, and stood there waiting for him to notice him.

Kyuhyun suddenly looked up and smirked at Donghae. "You can't scare me hyung."

Donghae looked away sheepishly and awkwardly chuckled while rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry. Well lets go inside. The kids at the park behind you keep staring at you like your a bug."

Kyuhyun looked curiously behind him before following Donghae to his house.

Since Donghae knew that his mom and brother were at the store Donghae took Kyuhyun straight up to his room.

He was still slightly afraid of Kyuhyun meeting Donghwa.

Kyuhyun jumped on the bed like he owned the place and sighed happily. "I like where you live hyung." He said as he watched Donghae stare out his window.

Donghae looked at him with an eyebrow raised "Why?"

"Its....peaceful around here. Where's your family hyung?" Kyuhyun asked curiously as he got off the bed and stood next to Donghae, trying to see what he was looking for.

"Oh yeah. My mom and.....brother went to the store real quick. They'll be back soon. My Dad's in China." Donghae said quietly, glancing at Kyuhyun then went back to staring out the window waiting to see his mom's car coming down the street.

"Brother? You have a brother hyung?" Kyuhyun asked, shocked at the new information.

"Yeah. He's my hyung." Donghae said then smiled as he saw his mom's car approaching.

He unintentionally grabbed Kyuhyun's hand and raced down the stairs, Kyuhyun stumbling slightly behind him.

Donghae smiled as the door opened to reveal his mom and brother. Kyuhyun bowed 90 degrees to them and they smiled warmly at him.

"Mom. Hyung. This is my best friend Cho Kyuhyun. Kyu this is my mom and this is my older brother Donghwa." Donghae introduced.

"Nice to meet you Kyuhyun." Donghwa said as he smiled at Kyuhyun.

__________________________________________________________________________

So for the wait! The next chappie [Part 2] will be Jongwoon's Party which I know you have all been looking forward too!

Comments are loved and Subbies are welcome with open arms!

 

 his_smile_mask_by_delusional_love-d4e90h