ch.1

His Smile-Mask

  

 

He tried paying attention in his History class but it was just too boring for him. So he decided to pass notes back forth with Heechul the whole time. He made sure the teacher wasn't looking before tearing a peice of paper out of his notebook as quietly as he could.

Are you going to be having another party anytime soon?

He slid the note across the table and into Heechul's hand. Heechul looked up at him but shrugged and read it then started writing a reply.

As long as you don't drink as much as you did last time.
Pink lemonade my !
My parents are still asking me why I put real fish in the pool when they went to Hong Kong.

Once he got the note back he had to try and hold back a laugh. That was the first party Donghae ever went to. Some older guys handed him a drink and told him it was pink lemonade, and since he never drank before he believed them, and once he started he couldn't stop. He was so drunk that he went to the store by Heechul's house and bought at least 50 fish, with Heechul's money, and put them all in the pool. Then he jumped in and swam with them until Kyuhyun and Heechul pulled him out and locked him in a empty room upstairs until everyone left.

Hey! At least I wasn't dancing to girl group songs on top of tables.

Once he read what I wrote he started laughing, really loudly. The whole class turned to look at the two but Donghae just flashed them what Heechul calls his 'gay smile' and they all turned back around to hide their faces, even the guy teacher. Heechul calls it his 'gay smile' not because its stupid but because he thinks that it has the power to turn men gay.

 

Heechul was about to reply back when the bell rang. Heechul gave him the note back and he stuffed it into his bag.

They both had homeroom for the next class along with Kibum, Siwon, and Kyuhyun so they just stayed in their seats and waited for their friends to get there.

Kibum and Siwon came in together and sat at the desk infront of them. Heechul pulled up his chair beside them and started talking, leaving me to sit all alone and wait for Kyuhyun to get there.

But soon enough the bell rang and Kyuhyun was no where to be seen. He waited for a little bit but when he still didn't come he tapped Kibum on the shoulder.

"Do you know where Kyuhyun is?"

"I think I saw him walking to the garden."

He got up from his chair and made his way to the teachers desk. Mr.Kang looked up at him and Donghae gave him a 'gay smile'.

"May I go to the garden Mr.Kang?"

"S-Sure."

He turned towards the door with a smirk on his face. That was too easy.

Once he was out of the classroom he started his way towards the garden when someone bumped into him. He looked up and saw his Chinese friend, Hangeng.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Donghae asked as Hangeng helped him fix his clothes.

"The dance studio. I'm a member of the dance team now."

"Oh. Well then I'll see you later I guess." Donghae smiled at him and walked away.

He always wanted to be a member of the dance team but his father didn't approve, and thats why he is the captin of the soccer team. He wanted to make his father proud so he worked hard and became captin.

Once he reached the garden he noticed Kyuhyun sitting under the big tree. He sat down beside him and looked out over the yard, waiting for Kyuhyun to speak first.

"How come I don't know much about you hyung?" The question caught him off guard and his smile grew bigger, which meant that he didn't want to talk about this.

"What do you mean?"

"I only know about you life inside of school and at parties but I don't know anything about you life at home."

"The dorms are my home."

"Do you stay at your dorm when we have school holidays hyung?"

Donghae's smile grew bigger and it was starting to hurt his cheeks. He didn't want to talk about this. He couldn't talk about it. Not yet.

So Donghae did what he did best at times like these. He got up and ran to his dorm room, smile still spread across his face but tears falling out of his eyes.

Once he was in the saftey of his dorm room he locked the door and slid against it down to the floor and started crying. The tears wouldn't stop and he slammed his head against the door in frustration. It was painful but he didn't care at the moment.

Once he calmed down and the tears stopped he got up and sat on his bed and starred at his fish tank.

"Why am I like this? Why won't I let myself tell anyone?" He muttered and checked himself in the mirror before heading back to homeroom.

Once he reached the classroom the smile was back on his face and he sat in his seat beside Kyuhyun, who looked at him worridly.

"Are you okay? I didn't mean to..." Donghae stopped him with a wave of his hand.

"I'm okay. But don't do it again." Kyuhyun was determined to get Donghae to open up to him but for now he just nodded and sat in silence the rest of the period. 

                                                                                        ~~~

Once Donghae's classes were finished for the day he went back to his room and took a shower. When he was done with his shower it was time for dinner.

There was a knock on his door and he opened it to see Kyuhyun.

"Ready for dinner?" Donghae nodded and stepped out, closing the door behind him.

They started walking to the cafateria in silence until Donghae finally spoke.

"Do you know a Lee Hyukjae?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"He's my new tutor." Kyuhyun stopped and looked at Donghae with wide eyes.

"Tutor? Why is he your tutor and not me?"

"Soo Man-shii thought we would goof off too much."

"Probably. But...um...we're having spicy rice cake for dinner today." Kyuhyun ran infront of him and Donghae knew he was hiding something but he decided to ignore it. 

                                                        ~~~

Once he was done with dinner Donghae went to his room and grabbed his soccer bag and started making his way towards the library.

"I wonder what Kyu was hiding from me." He muttered as he stepped into the library and looked around. This was his first time in the library and he had no idea where the fiction section was.

He went up to the librarian and asked her, she just pointed him in the direction and went to the room in the back. Donghae made his way over and noticed a guy sitting in the corner at a big table.

"Hyukjae-shii?" He asked and the guy stood up and bowed. He bowed back and the guy another light so he could see better.

"Are you ready to start?" Wow he seems a bit impatient.

"Well I was hopeing we could do it on Friday at 4 instead. I have soccer practice right now." He was about to leave when Hyukjae pulled the strap on his bag so he had to stop.

"Your not going to pratice today then. Sit down." Donghae turned around and faced the guy. He pulled out a 'gay smile' but the guy still had a bored expression on his face.

"But I'm the captin. They need me." He sat Donghae down in a chair, using much force, and sat in the one across from him.

"Your failing all of your classes, you need as much help as you can get." He handed me a paper that had my name,grades,dorm number, and birh date. Why is this thing so detailed?!

"So Donghae what do you want to start with?"

"Donghae?! Shouldn't you be calling me Donghae-shii or Donghae-ah?"

"No because 'shii' would mean that I respect you, which I don't and 'ah' would indicate that we're close, which we aren't."

Now I know what Kyuhyun forgot to mention. He forgot to tell me that this guy hated my guts.

"Who are you?!" He probably would have been able to tell that Donghae was mad if Donghae didn't have that damn smile plastered onto his face.

"Lee Hyukjae, junior and the second highest in our class, after Kyuhyun-ah of course."

"KYUHYUN-AH?! YOU TWO ARE FRIENDS?!"

Donghae instantly started to think of ways to kill Kyuhyun. And it will be even scarier becuase he'll have a smile on his face the whole time.

 

______________________________________________________________________

Comment~

Subscribe~

Lets be friends!