ch.3

His Smile-Mask

  

 

The whole class, including Sungmin, turned in their direction and wondered what the hell that was about. Once again Donghae pulled out a 'gay smile' and they turned around, all except Sungmin. Sungmin just starred at him with a smile on his face.

"Class this is Lee Sungmin, he just moved to Seoul so please welcome him. Is there anybody that would like to share a table with him?" The teacher called out and suddenly Donghae was pushed out of his seat and on to the floor.

"He can sit with me!" Kyuhyun called out, raising his hand. Donghae glared at him from his place on the floor. He got up and looked around for an empty seat. Once he found one he sat in it and looked at the person beside him as Sungmin made his way back to his old seat.

"Ah. Hello Donghae-shii. Why are you sitting here?" Donghae tried to remember this guys name but it took him a while. Kim Jongwoon (Yesung), thats it.

"Kyu kicked me out of my seat." Donghae pointed to the blushing Kyuhyun on the other side of the room.

"Do you wanna meet Ddangkkoma?" Donghae looked back at Jongwoon and tilted his head to the side.

"Whose that?"

"My turtle." He suddenly pulled a large turtle out of his bag and Donghae jumped back, almost falling out of his seat.

"You brought your turtle to school?"

"I always do."

"Um...hi Ddangkkoma nice to meet you." Donghae hesitantly took the turtles leg and shook it. Jongwoon smiled a goofy grin but then frowned.

"Don't be shy Ddangkkoma. I'm sorry Donghae-shii he usually talks all the time, I don't know why he's being so shy all of a sudden." Donghae was starting to think that he picked the wrong seat. He looked around the classroom for an empty seat but there were none. But when his eyes landed on Kyuhyun he started chuckling. Kyuhyun's ears were bright red, and now Donghae has something to pick on him about.

But it still hurt to have your best friend kick you out of your seat, and it's not just the physical pain from hitting the floor it's the feeling of being replaced.

The rest of that period was spent watching Jongwoon try to get his turtle to talk and sneeking peeks at Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

                                                        ~~~~

 

 

When it was time for lunch he made his way to the cafateria alone, since he couldn't find Kyuhyun anywhere. Oh wait there he is sitting next to....Sungmin.

He spun back around and went to the soccer field, deciding to skip the rest of the school day. He grabbed a bag of soccer balls from the gym on his way there and dumped them all onto the field. He started kicking them into the goal with all his strength and only stopped when he kicked them all.

"Why do I feel so abandoned right now? He's only trying to make new friends." He muttered to himself as he sat on the field and ran his hands through his sweaty hair.

He got back up and lined all the balls up farther away from the goal. He started kicking them in one by one, making every one in the net.

By the time he got too tired to even move, school and dinner were over. But he had completely forgotten that he had a soccer game today until Yunho and Junsu showed up in their uniforms.

"Donghae?" Junsu asked as they both ran to the body laying on the soccer field with a bunch of balls surrounding him.

"Oh , we have a game today don't we?" Donghae got up and ran to the locker room and changed into his uniform before running back to see the team starring at him with worried looks on their faces.

"Are you okay Donghae?" Yunho asked from his spot on the bench.

"Yeah. Now lets all do our best today, it doesn't matter if we win. It's about having fun." He encouraged and spread his hand out towards the team, they all put their hands in one by one and shouted 'Knights Fighting!'

They all ran onto the field and got into positions, but before the game started Donghae seached the stands for Kyuhyun. He spotted him on the top of the bleachers with Sungmin.

He felt so tired but once the game started he acted like the MVP he is supposed to be. Him and Junsu scored most of the goals until it was time for their 5 minute break. Donghae chugged all the water from his water bottle and grabbed another and dumped it onto his head. He was starting to feel a bit too tired but the break was over and he had more goals to score.

After a while of Donghae and Junsu scoring, he heard somebody cheering for him. He looked up at the bleachers and saw Sungmin and Kyuhyun jumping up and down and shouting out his name. He smiled at them and he didn't feel abandoned anymore he felt like he got a new friend.

He was about to score the winning goal when he vision got blurry and he collapsed. He heard people shouting his name in worry and then he saw his team hovering over him, but the last thing he saw was Kyu pushing his way through the team members and kneeling down next to him before everything went black.

 his_smile_mask_by_delusional_love-d4e90h