What If?

Some call it Magic;I call it Fate

    We were taken back to the hotel to get our luggage. We would be leaving the next morning after staying the night in Jeju. We packed our stuff with a bittersweet feeling. We were excited and sad all at the same time. We had been wanting to see Jeju and we knew we would do it on the last day but it came too fast. After packing up, I walked out of the hotel with my head held high. I refuse to mess this day up. This day is my last and final day with Kris and I don’t want to make it harder than what it already is. My life is going to be boring after this. It’ll feel like a dream but at least I will have pictures as proof that this whole experience is real.

    We take the car all the way to the airport while talking quietly to each other. The air was tense the whole ride and flight. But once we landed on Jeju everything…changed. All of our spirits were lifted with the fresh air and beautiful sights that greeted us. Me and Liz just looked at each other and squealed. Jeju Island was so beautiful. We were so excited that all the sadness just disappeared. We took and cab to the hotel to check in. Our hotel was beautiful. And we had a patio. We were eager to go to the beach. We were then told that the pool was closed for a few hours so we all can go swimming. I literally felt like a princess. Liz and I changed into our bikinis and grabbed us a towel to go swimming. The boys joined us at the pool. I was so excited about having the pool to ourselves that I forgot about Tao and Kris. We swam for about an hour and then we went back to our rooms to shower off and get ready for lunch. We ate at the hotel’s restaurant. It was so nice. “Duìbùqǐ. I was having so much fun swimming I forgot to talk to y’all,” I said with my head hanging down slightly. Kris smiled, “it's okay I glad you enjoyed yourself.” I smiled and felt relief wash over me. I looked at Liz and noticed that her and Tao were holding hands and talking to each other in low tones making each other get closer just to hear what the other was saying. Liz was giggling and blushing. I felt a little awkward sitting by them. They were having such an intimate moment and Kris and I were just sitting there. All of us were done eating but we were just sitting there talking and enjoying each-others company. Kris looked at me, “want to get out of here?” I nodded my head yes and we got up. “Krissy where are y’all going?” Liz asked. I looked at Kris, “Umm…just for a walk to get some air. W-w-waeyo?” “We saw y’all get up. I was just wondering. Araso. Have fun,” she smiled. So Kris and I left out. We just started walking in silence. Every once in awhile I would look at him. I was so nervous and sad and I didn’t know what to say. What do I say!?

    “I’m glad you picked me,” smiled Kris. I smiled back, “I’m glad I picked you too. I had so much fun with you. Honestly I was unsure who I should pick I had a great time with everyone and I didn’t want to say goodbye to anyone.” “It’s okay you’ll see everyone tomorrow. We’ll all say goodbye at the airport...unfortunately.” He looked sad. Without thinking I turned and kissed him on the cheek. I blushed and turned back forward and kept walking. He stood there for a second and then caught up to me. The land was so beautiful. I was so immersed with the scenery that Kris had to pull me close to him to stop me from bumping into other people. Embarrassingly I thanked Kris. He told me to hold on a moment and caught us a taxi. He asked him to take us to the closest beach. The ocean looked so inviting as soon as we pulled up to the beach. I wanted to go swimming again but I didn’t have a swimsuit with me. So I just took my shoes off and walked in the sand.

    I couldn’t help myself so I just ran into the water to wet my feet. Kris just smiled and watched me. I looked at him and waved him over to me. He just shook his head no. I gave the pleading hands and puppy-dog eyes. He just smile and sighed and took his shoes off and walked towards me. I was just smiling. I opened my arms wide asking for a hug. He walked up to me and pulled me in. I smiled and inhaled his scent. We let go of each other and just blushed. His phone rung. He looked at it and asked me to excuse him for a moment. I said sure and just looked back at the ocean. After a few minutes passed he came back. “Kristen. I got us something.” I turned around to see what he had. In his hands were a basket and a beach umbrella and on his shoulder was a blanket. I looked at him, “are we sleeping on the beach?” I was hoping he’d say yes. He nodded his head yes. I smiled and hugged him again. I grabbed the basket from him so he could set up our blanket and umbrella. I then looked around and realized that we were the only ones in that particular area of the beach. I became nervous then.

    We sat down and ate the food he brought. We talked about little thing and we talked about our futures. I told him that I wanted to be someone who could shape the world (in a good way of course). He told me he wanted to continue making music and possible get into acting. I said he should go for it and that he would be a good actor. We laughed and joked and just had a good time. “Kristen look the sun is setting.” I turned my head and looked at he sky. I wanted to keep this memory forever so I asked Kris to take a picture with me. He agreed. We put our backs to the ocean and took the picture. I looked at him as we were getting ready to take another picture and tears just starting sting my eyes. I didn’t want to cry but the tears started falling and I couldn’t stop them. Kris looked at me very worried but I just couldn’t stop the tears no matter how hard I tried. He just pulled me into his arms and held me tight begging me with his whole body to stop crying, but the thought of never being by his side ever again made me very sad and the tears kept coming. He made me look at him even though I was embarrassed I looked at him. He just stared into my eyes for a moment and then leaned in kissed me slowly and deeply. I stopped crying and responded to his kiss by kissing back.

    We got up and left everything right there on the beach. Kris flagged us down a taxi and we got in it. Kris asked the driver to take us to a hotel. When we arrived at the hotel I waited outside while Kris got the room. He texted me what room and went up first. I went in after him so no one would know we were together. As soon as I walked into the room he pulled me in and started kissing me. All I really remember is the night was very passionate and sweet.