8th Quarter: First Game High... NOT!!!!

Fast Break

A week has finally passed and it is nearly time for the inter-high cup preliminaries. Seungri and Daesung were on their way to the gymnasium and they excitedly dreaded for the day of the competition to come.

“Hyung!!! This will be a good one!!!” Seungri said clearly enthused. Daesung nodded cheerfully as well. “We will give them a good game!! Yeah!!!” Daesung punched the air and bumped fists with Seungri. “Let’s go practice!! I am actually inspired!!!” Daesung said as he and Seungri decided to jog but was surprised when a stern looking professor appeared in front of them.

“Eherm!! Mister Kang Daesung and Lee Seunghyun. I would need to speak with you in my office.” He said. “M-Minwoo songsaenim…” Seungri and Daesung hugged each other as the professor, Minwoo gestured them to come with him.

Meanwhile…

“Hyung!!” Young Bae called giving the ball straight to Seunghyun who caught it and made a lay-up. “Woohoo!!!” Yuri and Sunny cheered. “Leggo!!” Young Bae ushered them as they went to the other side. Jiyong got the ball from Junho and dashed straight stopping in front of Tae Hyu and shifting quickly with a turnaround firing a three pointer.

It goes down smooth and clean.

Jiyong looked at Young Bae who was smiling at him and gestured a gun with his hand. Young Bae scoffed as he took the ball from Taekwon.

“Wait a minute? How long has it been since we started? Seungri and Daesung should already be here…” Taeyeon said worriedly. Yuri and Sunny looked at her. “Did something happened, Taengoo?” Sunny asked. Taeyeon eyed them both with worry. “They texted me 10 minutes ago, saying that they are on their way but they aren’t.” She said.

Just then two unidentified figure appeared from behind the girl, covered in a dark and haunting aura. “Why does it feel like something’s not right?” Yuri suddenly felt chills as she hugs herself. “Yeah…” Sunny said.

“N-Noona…” Two hollow voices reached their ears and caused more goose bumps. “T-Taeyeon… what is that!?” Yuri said. Taeyeon eyed them with the same scared look. They slowly turned around and saw two figures and…

The game was halted by an ear piercing cry.

“What the!?!?” Jiyong cried as they all turn towards the three girls and saw them hugging each other in fear. “Yah!! Taeyeon!! What’s the matter with you!?” Jiyong and Young BAe approached them followed by their teammates.

Realizing who the two figures were, Taeyeon stood in front, hands on both her waists and wearing an angry pout. “Yah!! What do you think you’re doing!? And why are you late!?” She asked. Seungri and Daesung both have this remorseful looks in them. They both looked back and saw Coach Dongwook walking with a professor.

“Minwoo-songsaenim?” Taeyeon asked as she and Yuri approach them.

“Yah! What did the both of you do?” Jiyong said. “N-nothing, hyung!!! I-it’s just…” Seungri stuttered. Daesung was all silent grasping Seungri’s arm.

“Bwuh!?!?!?!?” They all heard Taeyeon and Yuri cry. Aftewards, Minwoo-songsaenim left giving a last look at the two. Taeyeon, Yuri and Dongwook approached them. Dongwook has his arms folded in his chest, Taeyeon was sighing and shaking her head in disappointment.

“Minwoo-songsaenim is a ruthless teacher…” Seungri said. “He doesn’t want you guy to continue with the club. Not until you got your grades climbing up.” Dongwook said.

“You’ve been fluctuating every exam in Minwoo’s class… you do know that he is very strict.” Taeyeon said in an almost nagging way. Seungri and Daesung both nodded. “But I am bad at algebra…” Daesung said in a defeated way.

“Wow… that’s bad… Did he tell anything else?” Seunghyun asked. “Well… he said that unless this two have their grades climbing up, then there won’t be a reason for him to allow them to play for the preliminaries.” Dongwook said. “Preliminaries will be in the next four days… this is bad.” Junho said.

“Yo, Ji.” Young Bae nudged Jiyong. “What?” The guy spat. “Come with me for a sec.” He said and pulled the guy from him. Taeyeon saw them and called them over. “Yah!!! Where are you guys going!!!” She cried. Young Bae looked back and smiled. “To the comfort room.” He answered and they both run away.

“We’re sorry guys… I know you are all excited for the first match… and we both have to ruin your concentration with this.” Daesung said. Seungri nodded. They all sat down in a circle, the girls on the benches while the guys on the floor, Dongwook is standing. “Don’t blame yourself, Daesungie. But I agree that you need to study hard in the next days. If that is so… we will have to wait until then and cancel our matches.” Taeyeon said. Yuri and Sunny looked at Taeyeon, despite hiding her disappointment; she can clearly see her eyes threatening to well up. Yuri Taeyeon’s back gently.

“Hey, guy!! What did we miss?” Young Bae said as he and Jiyong arrived calling everyone’s attention. “Where have you been? You know this is a serious situation.” Seunghyun said. “Oppa… you don’t look troubled at all, are you not worried for Daesung and Seungri?” Yuri asked Young Bae.

“No!! Don’t misunderstand, I am worried for them and apparently…” Young Bae looked at Jiyong nudging him to the front. Jiyong was pushed forward and glared at Young Bae. “I guess you should best tell it to them.” He said. “What is it, Jiyong-oppa?” Sunny asked. Taeyeon eyed them as well.

Sighing, Jiyong composed himself and looked at the two. “Daesung-ah, Annoying brat. Study hard starting today. You have a makeup exam on Friday, morning.” Jiyong said. Eveyrone eyed Young Bae and Jiyong, confused. “What do you mean, oppa?” Yuri asked. Jiyong eyed Young Bae who smiled and scratched his head. “Apparently, this guy made a deal with Minwoo-songsaenim. He gives the two a chance and he will be Minwoo’s assistant for two months. So, co’z of this guy’s smooth talk, that damn professor –nudge from Young Bae- eherm… Minwo-songsaenim agreed and decided to give these two knuckleheads a chance by having a makeup exam on Friday.” He said.

Jiyong and Young Bae studied their expressions, at first they seem to look confused until then after a few more moments elated face came and cheers roared the gymnasium. “Nice one, guys!!!” Seunghuyn cheered the two aces every member giving a high five to them. “HYUNG!!!!!” Daesung and Seungri ran to both Jiyong and Young Bae giving them a big hug. “Yah!! Get off me!!!” Jiyong pushed Seungri away. “Hyung!! Thank you!!! I love you!!! You cared for me!!!” Seungri cried almost in a teary way.

Daesung hugged Young Bae who played with his hair. “You better study hard starting today; you have a big day on Friday.” Young Bae said.

Taeyeon, Yuri and Sunny were teary eyed. “Oh my gosh!! Thank you!!!” Yuri said as Sunny hugged Taeyeon. Taeyeon happily wiped the forming tears.

“I don’t know… but I suddenly proud of this team…” Dongwook said. “They aren’t the usual responsible students from what I’ve experienced but then I am glad to be proved wrong.” He smiled. “I glad you found yourself a very great team.” He said.

“GROUP HUG!!!” Taekwon cried as they all formed a circle, Taeyeon, Sunny, Yuri and Dongwook joining in. Young Bae chuckled and suddenly, hooked his arm on Jiyong’s neck and dragged towards the group. “Yah!! What the!?!?” Jiyong whine but Young Bae is too strong. “Big… BANG!!!” They all cheered as the big hug forms.

“Ok!! Let’s all practice and after this, we’re going to my place for a group study for our Seungri and Daesung!!!” Seunghyun said causing more cheers from them. “You better study hard you two!! It will be your last chance!!! Good thing I proud myself in Algebra.” Junho said nodding proudly. “Ok!! Junho will be our main tutor!!!” Taekwon said. “Teach us well!!!” Seunghyun said as he started dancing his Bingu dance and everyone joined.

Young Bae and Jiyong watched them from the side. “Look at these brats.” Jiyong said. Young Bae chuckled. “Well good thing this lightened up their spirits.” Young Bae said. Just then Taeyeon, Yuri and Sunny approached them. “Thanks for your help… honestly, we almost decided to cancel all of our matches. Because of you, we will continue with this.” Taeyeon said. “Not a problem. We’ve done our part, now it’s their turn.” Young Bae said.

Jiyong sighed. “I hope these two brats, make it.” He said. Young Bae eyed him with a raised eyebrow. Jiyong looked at him and saw teasing disbelief in him. “W-What!? I-I just want them to do well because we don’t want to waste your effort.” Jiyong said.

“You mean OUR effort.” Young Bae said with a chuckle. “WHAT!?” Jiyong whined looking at Young Bae with a glare. “That’s two for two, man.” Young Bae said dismissing all the whines Jiyong began to fire.

“Seriously, Oppa. Thank you.” Yuri eyed Young Bae shyly. The guy chuckled playfully, poking the girl’s side causing her to jerk and pout at him. “Not a problem as long as it’s for the team.” He said. “You are the best, oppa!!!” Sunny said with a cheer. Young Bae smiled and made a salute.

“Looks like we got our first match earlier than expected. We better do well.” Dong Wook said from the side. The five nodded in agreement.

 

To Be Continued...

 

A/N:

Fast update!!! :)

What will happen to the two younger ones? We'll see ^^