13th Quarter: Who's the Boss?

Fast Break

- 4th quarter -

-YG High -71:70 -TS High-

Jiyong stood at the right side of the half court as Seungri follows suit whilst keeping guard on the smirking Yong Jae. "Be careful Seungri, that new guy looks very threathening. Maybe you will need to keep your guards tight." Jiyong said. Seungri nodded, indeed he noticed the confidence in the guy before him. They didn't put him in during the last quarters thus giving him the idea that this guy is skilled probably more than what he expects to.

Yong Jae closed in and soon did a handful of ball tricks and fakes. Seungri somehow was alarmed that he tightened his guard. Young Bae watched from the side. "You guys are considered lucky, you know? Not all teams that we fought witnessed Yong Jae's play." Himchan said. Young Bae looked at his guard and smiled. "Really? Then we really are thankful to be considered strong." He said, "We have to be careful... Especially Seungri, most of the pressure is in him now." Young Bae thought.

Jiyong hissed as Zelo took confidence in witnessing their pressured expressions. Yong Jae turned around and moved to the left as Seungri followed tightly. "No no!! you ain't going anywhere!!" Seungri said. Yong Jae smirked. "Not me though..." That's when Seungri noticed that the ball is not in Yong Jae's hands anymore. "He got me!!" Seungri cursed.

Zelo is on his way to the three point line as Jiyong follows closely. He stopped midway and attempted a fake, Jiyong however didn't buy it. "As expected..." Zelo thought as he goes back to position. Jiyong is focused and Zelo knows it will be hard to brush him off. With a quick glance to the left, Zelo shoved the ball to his back and threw it towards his right side. Jiyong stared at Zelo as he moves away.

Yong Jae got the ball and made a quick halt as Seungri follows. Smirking he jumped and shoot confident of his offense despite Seungri's pressuring defense. "Curses!!" Seungri stared at the hovering ball as it enters the ring, clean. The stadium was filled with cheers for their school's basketball team.

-YG High -71:73 -TS High-

"Sorry... He's a shooter." Seungri said as he gets the ball from Jiyong. The guy nodded. "No worries... We can definitely get ahead of them." He said and ushered for their point guard to head on. Seungri made a deep breath and walked towards the other side of the ring whilst dribbling the ball.

"Never seen that guy before but he looks threatening." Tae Hyu said. "They need to be careful, especially Seungri." Sunny followed. "We have to have faith in them I'm sure they'll be able to get ahead." Yuri said with a smile.

Taeyeon eyed Seungri then towards Young Bae who was blocked with Himchan, then to Jiyong who is looking eye to eye with Zelo. "Please do well..." She said her hands holding each other atop her chest.

Jiyong placed his hand behind him as he lowers down his body while looking directly at Zelo. Seungri noticed this and concluded it as a signal. "Work your magic hands, hyung." Seungri said as he did a double switch and made a shift to the left, turning around to brush off Yong Jae a bit then successfully passed the ball to Jiyong. Jiyong, once catching the ball, turned around and made a quick crossover faking to go to the right but directly threw the ball.

"What!?" Zelo groaned as the ball passed by him towards another hand. Tension began to heighten, Taeyeon and the others almost sat at the edge of the benches looking intently towards the guy who has the ball in his hands. "Got to work on my magic here." Young Bae's face darkened as his seriousness began to intensify. Himchan looked at him eye to eye and something terrifying hit him. As if he is glaring directly back at a giant tiger, Himchan felt his knee tremble. Suddenly, Young Bae passed the ball back to Jiyong with an expression that the guy immediately understood.

Jiyong smirked and quickly threw the ball towards the ring and this surprised everyone. "What the hell is he trying to do!?" Eunhyuk almost shouted as he sits directly up. Hyoyeon eyed the guy intently. "That's not going to make a score." Siwon commented. Shindong almost laughed.

Seunghyun and Daesung were alarmed that they readied their guards but... "The ball is ours!! Thanks to your friend." Yong Guk said with a smirk as he blocks Seunghyun's path. Same with Daehyun against Daesung as the latter tried to force himself in.

"Not happening." Jiyong whispered. "Sorry guys... you got it all wrong." Seungri smirked at Yong Jae as the latter marveled upon the flying of their opponent's small forward. "What!?" Yong Guk said as he jumps to follow the guy before him who caught the ball and shoved it back to the ring. "Told you so..." Seungri still had the guts to mock Yong Jae despite earlier as he casually went to his position.

"Oppa~!!!!" Yuri cried out in fangirlish squeal causing Young Bae to look at her. Taeyeon and the others also stared surprised at the girl as she, upon realizing what she did, blushed and covered . Her eyes were caught by Young Bae's as the guy gave a smile to her and gestured a slick gun fire with his hands. Yuri's hands fell and was left motionless for a minute that she fell to her seat. Young Bae's gesture imprinted in her mind as her face reddens like chili pepper.

"He really does grow on you huh?" Junho commented. "I seriously want to try him once..." Nickhun followed. "Still the same monster in the inside court, oppa?" YoonA thought before looking at Jiyong. "How about you?" She smiled at him.

"He is a monster... like G-Dragon-oppa." Hyoyeon is blushing like crazy, her eyes boring holes in Young Bae's face. "He's cute like G-Dragon too!!! But I am loyal to my G-Dragon!!!" She thought with fists curled before her chin. "Yah, Hyoyeon-ah, are you alright?" Sungmin eyed her.

-YG High -73:73 -TS High-

Taeyeon smiled and noticed Jiyong getting relaxed as he made a high five with Young Bae. "Oppa is really great..." She noted. Jiyong turned towards her and made a smirk. Taeyeon was surprised that what she did was glare as her cheeks reddened. 

"You think you're good, Taeyang? We'll definitely not gonna make you do anymore." Himchan said with determined eyes. Young Bae smiled but remained silent. "Zel!!" Yong Jae passed the ball towards Zelo as he moves with quick cross overs and passed the ball to Himchan. Himchan caught the ball and turned to his opponent. Looking straight at Young Bae, Himchan smiled. "I'm glad that you are my opponent in this game. I am definitely challenged and pressured. It feels good." He said as he starts dribbling the ball. Young Bae nodded. "I know you haven't shown your all... not until the last quarter..." He said.

Himchan started dribbling the ball with an increasing pace as he follows up with patterns of footwork as he moves to the left then shifting to the right. Young Bae was never pressured. He has expected Himchan's capability in the court and he knew that he is just holding back. "A slight mistake can lead to another score for them... Especially with this guy as my guard." Himchan thought.

Dribbling his ball at a faster rate, Himchan began to try shaking off his guard but Young Bae is strict as if he is a wall that surrounds his opponent. He was so into his focus that he lost to notice a presence coming in from behind. He felt cold empty air upon his palms and that indicated that the ball was stolen from him.

"You're not the only one here with a technique!!!" Seungri cried as he dash for a fast break with Yong Jae lagging behind. "He's damn fast!!!" He cried eyeing Seungri back as he closes to the ring. Seungri however had different plans in mind. He threw the ball to the side and this surprised Yong Jae. "What!?" He looked to follow where Seungri threw the ball and saw Jiyong already holding it and in mid-air about to fire his three pointer.

"Not without my defense!!!" Zelo followed as he appeared from Jiyong side. Jiyong ignored him and fired the ball. A clean shot.

-YG High -76:73 -TS High-

Yong Jae looked at the clock... "Five minutes left." He thought. Still plenty of time. He stopped as he closes in to Seungri and without second thought dribbled the ball crossing over and passing through Seungri, effortless. "What the!?" He looked behind and tried to follow.

"Seungri!!!" Yuri called. "Omo!!!" Sunny stood up, hands in her chest. "Guys... fight!!" Taeyeon thought silently as she closely watch her team fight it out to defend their score. Yong Jae stopped as Jiyong went front and did a turn around before passing the ball to Zelo who made a turn around from Daesung and fired a lay out.

Slap!!!

His face showed complete shock upon the emergence of the opposing team's center. Eyes burning and piercing. He was silenced but behind him Yong Jae emerged and fired a shot. "Nice!!!" Yong Guk cheered. Seunghyun cursed.

-YG High -76:75 -TS High-

"That's one good follow up." Eunhyuk smirked. "That Yong Jae guy is something huh?" Dong Hae said.

Taeyeon and everyone else are at the edge of their seats. The battle is close and intense. But it still isn't what Dongwook is expecting. "Jiyong!!" Dongwook called. Everyone looked at the coach. Dongwook nodded with eyes telling them to do it. Jiyong nodded as well then looked at Seungri, then to Young Bae and to Seunghyun. "Let's do it." He said.

"So it's show time huh?" Seungri suddenly felt hyped up. "Don't go too much we still need limelight for each of us." Seunghyun joked. Young Bae chuckled. Then with a serious look. "Let's do this." He said.

"Team... Show'em who is boss." Jiyong smirked. Daesung nodded as well. "I'll do my best." He said. Seungri got the ball from Young Bae as the latter went to his position. Seungri was relaxed when he reaches the other side of the court. He checked on the timer. Two minutes left. He smirked. Still plenty of time to show off.

He was blocked by Yong Jae but his presence didn't seem to intimidate Seungri. "Lucky you guys... Co'z you will be the first one to witness us do our thing." Seungri said as he made a position. Yong Jae smirked, challenging Seungri's mockery. "Really? Show it then." He urged. Seungri nodded. "It'll be my pleasure." With that the true battle began.

Seungri leaned lower and did his magic, doing his crossover combos while hopping from left to right and skillfully dribbling the ball. Yong Jae was surprised. "So you're still playing with us huh!? Bring it on!!" He said with an attempt to steal the ball but...

He was caught in Seungri's trap as with his fast hands, was able to switch the ball to his left hand before Yong Jae realized and has already moved front.

"Crap!!!" Himchan and Zelo were surprised as they attempts to make a double team. Seungri, however, is fast thinking that even before the two reaches him, he already had the ball passed towards Young Bae. Swiftly and flexibly, he went inside but Daehyun and Yong Guk are already waiting thus he stopped did a crossover and passed it to Jiyong who ran to the side of the court and without any guard, fired a good three pointer.

-YG High -79:75 -TS High-

Taeyeon, Yuri, Sunny and the others cheered. Dongwook smiled. "DEFENSE!!!" Jiyong cried asthe team went to the other side of the court to defend their score. Yong Jae arrived and did a dribble trying to outrun Seungri which he managed to do and passed the ball to Himchan who is guarded by Jiyong. Himchan looked around and saw Zelo calling his attention.

Quickly, Himchan passed the ball to Zelo, who attempted a three pointer, but Young Bae's defense is tight that he was left passing the ball to Daehyun who was guarded by Daesung. Daehyun smirked confident that Daesung won't be able to keep up with him thus he tried to wear him off, while still holding the ball with his two hands but...

He didn't realized that he has another presence that is coming from behind. A quick tap and Seungri with his, sneak-and-steal style, took the ball from Daehyun's hands surprising him. "How'd he get there!?" Daehyun cried as then he noticed that the ball is already in the hands of a monster.

"He's fast!!!" Himchan, Zelo and Yong Jae tried to follow but his speed is uncomparable that they weren't able toreach him. He jumped and did a 360 degrees mid-air dunk causing the ring to tremble.

-YG High -81:75 -TS High-

The players of SJ's, Beast and 2pm almost stood up in surprise. "He is indeed a threat." Siwon cursed. "Looks like this inter-high isn't going to be too much of a bore huh?" Doojoon said.

"OPPPAAAA!!!!" Yuri squealed letting her fangirl lose. Sunny is cheering as well. Taeyeon was clapping and cheering on, as the others hugged each other. "We got this game!!!"  Taekyung said. Taeyeon was teary eyed as she and Yuri hugged each other. "OMMMOOO!!!!" They were ecstatic.

The bell signaling the end of the game rang and everyone cheered and booed as the results lead to YG High with 81 and TS High with 75. Yong Jae was huffing, same as with the others. "Looks like we got beat." Yong Guk said with a tone of disappointment. Himchan was teary eyed and was being comforted by Zelo.

Jiyong, Young Bae and Seunghyun made a trio high five as Seungri and Daesung hugged each other in glee. "We won!!!" Daesung cheered. "BOTH TEAMS LINE UP!!!" the referee called and everyone faced each other and bowed. "You did well!!!" They said to each others.

"You guys are good. You can still make it." Seunghyun said to Yong Guk. The guy smiled. "But you guys are better." He said. "We won't stop here... We will see you again." Yong Jae shook hands with Seungri. "Sure!! It'll be great to have a battle with you guys again." Seungri followed beaming cheerfully.

The ceremonies ended with YG High entering the preliminaries of Inter-high. Everyone celebrated their victory with Seunghyun, as usual, giving the treat.

"Wow... The game earlier was awesome!! You guys did really well!!" Taeyeon commented as she and Jiyong walks the way to their home. Jiyong smirked. "That's nothing compared to what we can do last year." Jiyong said proudly as he bends his arms behind his head, relaxingly. "Thanks." Taeyeon said as she turns to Jiyong. Jiyong turned back and he studied Taeyeon who now wore an unreadable expression.

Shy, Taeyeon as much as she wants to avoid Jiyong's contact was caught in his gaze, her eyes scrutinizing every part of his orbs from its size to its color. "T-thanks for everything... for joining the team... helping us win..." Taeyeon said showing Jiyong an embarassed smile.

Jiyong eyed Taeyeon speechless by her sudden move. "Y-You don't have to thank me!!!" He looked away hiding a blush forming on his cheeks. "Y-Young Bae and S-Seungri did more things than me." He said now ruffling his hair. "It feels weird... stop it." He said trying to head on.

"Well, that doesn't mean everything ends here." Taeyeon said as she looks away too with a challenging smile. Jiyong eyed her. "This is just the start, many things will happen as well. Se better get your  lazy ready!!" She turned to Jiyong and winked. "Yah!! What do you mean about that!?" Jiyong cried as Taeyeon heads on acting like she didn't hear Jiyong.

"We still have practice tomorrow. Let's go home!!!" Taeyeon said still ignoring Jiyong's whine. "Yah!!! You piece of..."

Taeyeon turned to Jiyong with a glare. "What?" She asked mockingly with tone of impending anger. Jiyong was silenced and almost felt like a chill came down his spine. "N-nothing." He said. "Good!! Now let's go!!" Taeyeon cheered happily and ran to Jiyong hooking her arm around the flustered guy and pulling him on with her. "H-Hey!!! What the hell are you doing!!!??" Jiyong whined as Taeyeon pulls him with her onwards.

-[Fast:Break]-

Young Bae was walking towards his place after the victory party courtesy of Seunghyun. He had a lot of fun and enjoyed with everyone in the team. He reminisced how they talked and cheered as they won their first battle. "Ahhh so this is what it feels to have won in a real official tournament." He thought smiling. Just then he felt an eye staring at him from behind that he immediately turned around only to be greeted by someone. An unwanted acquiantance.

"Hello, Taeyang... seems your basketball skill didn't change." The guy said smirking as a greeting. Young Bae had a poker face in him. "I wasn't able to play for quite a while. You look like you've been chilling for quite a while... Rap Monster." He said. The guy, with his hands in his pockets looked at Young Bae. "We just finished dining our enemy earlier." He answered rather too confidently.

"Who might this unlucky team be?" Young Bae asked. "Forgot their lame name... It's teen something... Teen Titans? Teen turtles? Teen top?" The young guy, Rap Monster, said. "Played roughly again huh?" Young Bae asked eye gazing towards the guy before him. "Not really... and since you've trashed down BAP, or so I've heard... I guess we'll see each other on the basketball court next week?" Rap Monster said still wearing a smirk. Young Bae sighed. "Ok... looks like I'll have to battle our the prodigy of the street ball in an official game huh?" He smiled, but his eyes are mischievous.

"We will... See you then... I hope you play seriously this time compared with your battle against BAP." Rap Monster said as he heads on. Young Bae smiled. "Never changed... one of the true monsters of the street court." He thought before heading on.

 

To Be Continued...

 

A/n

hello another late update.... sorry, having serious mental block I need inspirations dang~!!! T_T anyone here can make a good poster? I need help :(