6th Quarter: Aggressive

Fast Break

“Calm down, Ji. You’re being too pushy.” Young Bae said as he guards Jiyong who is taking upfront. “Shut up and just stop me if you can.” He said and dashed to the right dribbling his ball. “Hyung, here!!!” Seungri called Jiyong who turned to him. He was waving his hand signaling that he has a free route to enter.

But it seems Jiyong thinks otherwise. He pushed through despite Young Bae’s pressuring defense. “Here we go again.” Young Bae sighed before his expression turned grim and dashed twice Jiyong’s running speed. Jiyong stopped quite in front of Daesung and effortlessly turned around leaving the guy behind and on towards Tae Kwon’s defense. He jumped to shoot but was surprised when a hand forcefully slapped the ball from behind. Everyone was surprised and amazed.

Jiyong fall back to turn to Young Bae and what he saw made him shiver. Young Bae had that deadly expression on his face. “Watch your game, Jiyong. Or I will slap all your shots back to your face.” Young Bae isn’t the type to threat or warn but if he does, Jiyong knows that he needs to mind himself. Compared to Jiyong, Young Bae is much more experienced and a much better player, that he knows and acknowledges. Carefree, warm and easy-going, Young Bae isn’t the type to get angry almost easily… if he does… he is a beast no one can control. Heck even Seunghyun, the oldest of their group, knows his boundaries once Young Bae’s ticked off.

Jiyong huffed and stood for a while as Young Bae leaves him alone. “Calm yourself down, Ji.” He said as he wipes his sweat. He knows that he is the type to be very easily affected with emotions… especially his plays, the reason why he was shamefully beaten by Wooyoung. Slapping his cheeks to wake up from his mind and emotional trip he went back to the side of the court. Seungri took hold of the ball and passed it to Jiyong. Jiyong caught the ball and lowered his body as Young Bae approaches him. He can see fire burning in Young Bae’s eyes. He knows that his best friend is serious. He is distracted.

He pushed through but his magic hands seems to fail this time as Young Bae taps the ball from him and rushed to the other side. Surprised, he turned around but knew that it is impossible. It’s like running after a hare at its top speed. The score is towards Young Bae, Daesung, Tae kwon and Junho. “You alright, hyung?” Seungri asked stopping beside him. Jiyong eyed him… is he really ok?

“Let’s stop for a while.” Dong Wook announced and called everyone over. Taeyeon and Sunny already had the drinks prepared. Taeyeon is concerned with Jiyong, he came in a very grumpy mood and it scared her. He has this aura that pushes people away, heck even Sunny felt it.

Jiyong sat silently on the edge of a bench taking a water bottle and drinking it continuously. “What the .” He cursed to himself before a white towel appeared before him. He looked up and saw Taeyeon smiling at him. Quietly, he took and towel and started wiping his sweat. Taeyeon sat beside him. They remained silent.

“I’m sorry.” Taeyeon heard Jiyong spoke. She looked at him tenderly, seeing how remorseful he looks. “I just…”

“It’s ok…” Taeyeon smiled. Jiyong still had his head hung low. Suddenly, Young Bae approached him wearing a serious look. Taeyon looked up sensing the tension forming in between both the guys. Jiyong looked up to Young Bae, he was glaring at him. Jiyong knew he was angry.

“Sorry, bro.” Young Bae lifted up a hand in front of Jiyong who looked at him in bewilderment. Taeyon was surprised too. Jiyong’s face lightened up and took Young Bae’s hand. “Get your game ready… I won’t be that generous on the court.” Young Bae said before smirking playfully. Jiyong smirked as well. “I won’t back down too.” He said feeling somehow lighter.

“Good.” He said. “Now let’s bring the heat back up.” Young Bae said.

 

-Half/time-

 

Taeyeon smiled seeing how everything has been settled. Sunny approached her and giggled as they both looked at Dong Wook and smiled when he acknowledged them. “Ok!! Let’s go!!!” Dong Wook said and passed the ball to Seungri. Looking around he noticed Jiyong approaching and decided to give his Hyung time to redeem himself. Jiyong caught the ball and nodded. He looked for Tae Hyu and saw the guy moving to the side with Daesung following. He glanced to his left and saw Seungri on the other one. 

Young Bae carefully studied Jiyong, he knows that he is focused and is ready. Jiyong turned back to Young Bae and lowered down dribbling the ball from his left to right then vice versa. In one quick move he crossed over twice and turned around in an attempt to penetrate Young Bae’s defense. Young Bae seemed to followed but Young Bae know that Jiyong is planning something else.  Jiyong made a quick spin and attempted to pass towards Tae Kwon. Young Bae followed but Jiyong was quick thinking and immediately changes his hand to pass back to Seungri who was waiting. “As expected.” Young Bae but was already in the trap and cannot go back. Jiyong successfully passed the ball to Seungri who was confronted by Junho.

Inspired after seeing Jiyong play and being his teammate, Seungri felt an upsurge of energy. “Take it easy, maknae. “Jiyong said as he moves towards them and Seungri immediately getting the idea rushed towards him. Junho followed but was blocked by Jiyong as Seungri seeing the free time made a three point attempt. Out of nowhere Young Bae’s hand appeared blocking his view which he had anticipated and therefore passed it back to Jiyong mid-air. Jiyong caught the ball and made a quick pass swinging the ball to his back and throwing it towards Seunghyun who was ready.

Seunghyun caught the ball and with a good stance made a two hand dunk.

2-2 – for both teams…

Sunny cheered as well… she is very into the game. Taeyeon was smiling in admiration. Her team is having a good click. Their teamwork is building.

Young Bae dashed towards the middle as Jiyong blocks him and to his defender’s surprise, Young Bae already doesn’t have the ball. Junho already got the ball and is being confronted by Seungri.

“Dae!!” Junho called and passed the ball. Somewhat surprised, Daesung ran to get near Junho and caught the ball. Tae Hyu got in front of him confident that he can handle Daesung. “Crap!! Why’d they passed me the ball!?” Daesung somehow panicked looking for someone to pass it. Tae Hyu is already pressuring him and blindly, he threw the ball to the ring. Seungri was surprised, well most were except for one.

Jiyong made a face. “Saying he’s not a show off.” As the ball comes near the ring, a pair of hands appears and made an alley-oop ending in a powerful two handed back dunk. Taeyeon was stunned… Sunny has hung open… Everyone remained quiet…

“Looks like Taeyang is back in the court.” Seunghyun said as he high fives Young Bae despite them being opponents for the practice game. Young Bae shrugged. “It’s just reflex I guess…” then he turned to Daesung and smiled raising his hand in acknowledgment. “Nice pass, Dae!!!” He said.

Daesung was surprised that he immediately smiled shyly and scratched his head. “N-No problem!!!” He said chuckling. Young Bae smiled. “Yo, let’s go?” He said ushering them to continue the game.

“Wow… Taengoo!! How lucky can your team be!? You have cutie players and not only that they are all very good!!!” Sunny cheered for her friend. Taeyeon smiled awkwardly. “I am surprised too.” She said. Dong Wook approached them. “It’s not with just abilities that they should excel. We should enhance teamwork in them…. They have the game as a team but I still see some spaces in between… we need to fill them up and make our players comfortable. Registration for the inter-high is next week, and the preliminary match will be next month… so we need to be ready.” He said.

“I thought it will be held next next month?” Sunny asked. Dong Wook smiled. “Technically, yes… but that is the semi-finals…” He clarified. “Oh… then we need to practice hard!!!” Sunny said. “You got a good team Taeyeon… make sure you take care of them well.” He said and went back to his sit.

Taeyeon smiled, honestly, she felt goose bumps running on her skin the moment she saw how good her players well. Even Daesung possess great potential inside the court, a few pushes and he will be as powerful as Kang In, the monster rebounder of Super Juniors basketball team way back the early YGH’s times. Maybe even more, she thought.

Inter-high is few weeks away…

Powerful and merciless enemies will gather…

They have to be strong…

They have to make a powerful explosion for YGH’s comeback to the basketball world.

Just then he thinking bulb lit. She smiled. A name came to her mind. A name worthy of her team.

At an outdoor basketball court, just in the same neighborhood as Yang Goon High…

A group of young seniors remained standing still as a shadow passes by above them towards the basket. A powerful dunk was made and the basket ring trembled threatening to crumble. Their eyes wide and mouth hanging… they cannot believe that they as senior high school basketball members, the best of their school, were bested by a mere young man.

The ball fell with a thud behind him as he stands up looking at them with a bored look. “So… this is the best you can give me? Worthless…” He said then left.

“Why you!!” the other guy became agitated but was stopped by another guy. “I think I remember him. He goes by the name of pretty boy… Jang Wooyoung… the best of the best in junior inter-high last year.” The other said.

With a smirk, Wooyoung walked on. “Players these days are boring.” He commented.

To Be Continued...

 

A/N

Update!!!

Will update Time Machine on sunday :) see you!!