3rd Quarter: New members

Fast Break

“You’re, seriously, creeping me out, maknae. Get off me before I unscrew that head of yours.” Jiyong said as he tries his best to push away the young man that seems to cling to him like a Koala to a tree. “Not now that you’re back with us!!! Finally!! The gang is complete!!!! YAY!!!” The young man said beaming widely.

“ARRGGHHH!!! SEUNGRI!!!!” Jiyong cried in annoyance pushing Seungri’s face away from him. Seungri seems to finally get the message as he moves away still wearing an excited grin. “I just missed my favorite hyung after one year that you’re gone!! Seunghyun-hyung will be very happy to know this as well!!!” Seungri said excitedly.

Jiyong shook his head admitting how unstoppable this kid is. “Aish!!! Ok fine!!” Jiyong said standing up and leaving. Seungri followed him with a smile. “Still the same old hyung!!!” He thought as he silently but eagerly followed.

They head down the school and walked the hallways. “I heard your class is beside my classroom, hyung. Are you Young Bae-hyung’s classmate?” He asked. “No! No! No!  Can you shut up now!? Annoying brat.” Jiyong spat. Seungri just chuckled, more amused than afraid. “I missed that side of yours, Hyung!!!” He exclaimed.

Jiyong eyed him. “Seriously!?” He thought as they went on. As they head on towards the second set of stairs leading to the second floor, they met with Taeyeon and Jessica on the way. They both stopped midway.

“J-Jiyong-sshi…” Taeyeon’s voice stuttered. Jiyong remained silent looking at her with a glare. Jessica and Seungri, both oblivious to the two, looked at them.

“You know her, Hyung?

“You know him,Taeyeoniie?”

They both said rather inquired loudly. “Y-yes… Jiyong-sshi signed up for the basket ball club together with Young Bae-sshi.” Taeyeon said. This statement caught Seungri off-guard. “What!? Hyung!? You’re joining the basketball club!? Is there even basketball club in this school!?” He asked mindlessly earning a glare from Taeyeon and Jiyong.

“I told you, Young Bae signed me up. Not me.” Jiyong said and decided to continue on. “Wait!!” Seungri cried with his usual exaggerated tone. This caused Taeyeon, Jessica and even Jiyong to look up to him.

“I wanna join the basket ball club too!!!” Seungri said. Taeyeon and Jessica eyed Seungri and looked at each other. “Suit yourself.” Jiyong scoffed and continued on passing by to Taeyeon without acknowledging her presence.

Taeyeon looked at Jiyong and was about to call him when Seungri approached her. “Hey! How can I join!? I wanna join too!!” Seungri said calling Taeyeon’s attention distracting her from taking notice of Jiyong as the guy moved on.

“Tsk… why am I having a feeling that this will be a long day.” Jiyong muttered putting his hands in his pocket taking a glance towards Taeyeon who’s all glee while talking and exchanging numbers with the talkative Seungri.

 

“Well he might be a drag but he’s still a reliable member for the club. You know how fast he is like his mouth.” Young Bae said. Jiyong decided to hang out with his best friend for lunch at the grass area of the school. Drinking their can of soda juices and munching on their sandwiches, they both looked at the sky in comfortable silence.  “His confidently self-proclaimed sneak and steal technique really is something. I admit even though I never played with him as a team.” Jiyong agreed to Young Bae’s statement. “I’ve talked to Seunghyun-hyung as well, he’s eager to join.” Young Bae added. “That’s four…” He said.

“I told you, I ain’t getting myself in this ragged club even if you all join in. Knowing that this club is founded by a clumsy, noisy and annoying girl? No way in hell.” Jiyong said before gulping his can and taking a big bite to his sandwich. Young Bae chuckled. “So what’s your plan?” He asked.

“Nothing.” Jiyong said. “Sure you do.” Young Bae said as he stands up. “The clumsy girl, Taeyeon, texted me by the way, she said she got quite a few people interested in joining in as well.” Young Bae said. “So what now? You know that you guys need a coach as starters.” Jiyong eyed him. “Hmmm…!!” Young Bae breathed deep wearing his serene smile. “So you do care for the club.” He said with a smirk pointing a finger at his best friend as if accusing him of something wrong. “Shut up!! I was just asking!” Jiyong defended getting fired up. “Well I think I got that one covered.” He said before running off. “See you later!! If you decided to come that is. She’ll be expecting you!!!” Young Bae shouted before zooming away.

“Crazy. Like hell I’ll do.” Jiyong said sitting back to the ground. He wondered in silence if he really is still interested in playing the game. Does he still have the game in him? Maybe joining the club can give him the answer. His thoughts conflicted between his passion and his pride.

-Half/Time-

“Hi everyone!! My name is Kim Taeyeon, from class 2-B, Founder and manager of the new basketball club.” Taeyeon called their attention as they all lined up on the side of the court. It is already after class and the Basket Ball club decided to have its first meeting with its new members.

Taeyeon was extremely excited upon knowing that there had been students that also wanted to join, courtesy of Seungri. Together with the all cheerful Yuri, they decided to have a meeting with the new club members. Sunny and Jessica watched at the side with Sunny smiling in interest and glad for their friend and Jessica checking on her nails.

“First off, please introduce yourselves. State your name, year level, section and height. Start from the right please.” Yuri said.

Seungri beamed and raised his right hand. “Lee Seunghyun or Seungri, freshman, 1-C, and my height is 176 centimeters.” He began the introduction cheerfully.

“Kang Daesung, Sophomore, 2-D, 178 centimeters.” A blonde guy with well-toned body said smiling with his eyes in crescents.

“Choi Seunghyun, Senior, 4-A, 181 centimeters, panggapsumnida.” Seunghyun, the mint-blue haired guy said with optimistic and charming smile, Yuri noted with a silent fangirl squeal.

The introduction came on from Park Tae Hyu, Kang Taekwon until the sixth person, Han Junho, finished and with this, Taeyeon noticed something. “Where is Young Bae-sshi and Jiyong-sshi?” She asked somehow feeling uneasy. The members looked at each other, looking for the men Taeyeon was referring to. Yuri leaned to Taeyeon. “Do we have more members?” She asked. Taeyeon nodded.

“Sorry, we’re late.” A voice reached them and Taeyeon immediately turned around. Seunghyun and Seungri smiled. Yuri turned around as well and what she saw, she sure liked it very much. Sunny and Jessica turned to the new comers, surprised as well, and excitedly blushing.

Two presences came. One is the eye-smiling Young Bae and caught in his neck-grip is Jiyong who was looking away as if sulking. “I met up with friend of mine and while on my way here I found Jiyong outside the gymnasium.” Young Bae said wearing his eye smile. Taeyeon smiled but was also surprised when she felt a tight grip on her arms. She looked to her right and saw Yuri eyeing the new comers with admiration, as if starstrucked.

“Young Bae-oppa…” Yuri mumbled. Young Bae looked at her and was equally surprised. “Oh! Hi Yuri!! Nice to see you!! Never thought you’re one of the members as well.” Young Bae said smiling brightly causing Yuri to blush more. “Y-You’re joining the basketball club as well?” She asked.

Young Bae scratched his head, as though embarrassed. “Y-Yeah… surprising right?” He chuckled.

Yuri just blushed more. Taeyeon eyed Yuri and almost laughed at her expression. She knows that Yuri fancies someone from the 2nd years as well but knowing that it is actually Young Bae, based on her reaction, surprised her.

“So is there anyone else that we are waiting for?” Young Bae asked clueless.

Everyone started their warm ups first as trials. Jiyong stayed on the side still in his uniform same as with Young Bae who accidentally forgot to bring his jerseys. “So… let’s have an introductory match first, guys. I wanna see your capabilities.” Taeyeon said. “Let’s have a group of three’s for now: Tae Hyu-sshi, Tae Kwon-sshi and Junho-sshi against Daesung-sshi, Seungri-sshi and Seunghyun-sshi.” Taeyeon said turning towards Young Bae and Jiyong who were quietly watching from the side.

She didn’t let them play since they aren’t wearing the proper attire thus ended up sitting on the benches on the side of the court watching. Jiyong seems to not care though and Young Bae seems amused and calm. Yuri was beside Jiyong and continuously glances at Young Bae, which the latter didn’t seem to notice. She also noticed Sunny and Jessica besides Yuri with interested expressions, mainly Jessica.

“Ok, let’s start!!” She said and blew her whistle as she throws the ball upwards for a semi-jump ball as the start of the game. The ball flew and fall as Seunghyun and Tae Kwon jumps high to reach for it.

 

To Be Continued...

 

A/N

Wah~!!! I'm glad the story is well received!!! :) this makes me more inspired. Thank you very much!!! Please anticipate for more exciting chapters and in return, I will anticipate more comments, feedbacks and subscribers!!! I love you all!! I promise to make this is exciting as slam dunk as possible ^^

Spoiler:

Taeyeon will be shocked more. Yuri will be having locked jaw due to dropping her jaw for a long time. Two monster will own the court leaving everyone speechless. There will be fangirls in the making.

Thank you *bow* :)