Q14: The Royal Flush

Fast Break

The sun is up and the skies are blue. A good weather, indeed, and the best time to do practice on a saturday morning. Young Bae is jogging towards a nearby park, dressed in his track pants and white fitted shirt. With a large yellow headphone bearing loud hip-hop music, he sauntered the streets as the sun beams bright. The traffic is smooth in the neighborhood as he passes by the nearby store where he spotted a familiar sulky looking guy almost lighting up a cigar.

"Tsk... Tsk... This guy never learns." He thought with a smile as he jogs towards this guy and quickly snatches the cigar nearing his mouth. "What the!? Yah!!!" The guy, startled, yelled to retaliate but was surprised when he saw the face of the mischief. "If you aren't my friend, Young Bae, I would have beaten that smiling face of yours and erase it for good!!!" Jiyong cursed, almost unbelieving at how mischievous his friend is. "You know that you're still too young to smoke." Young Bae said removing his headphones from his ears and placing it against his nape.

"Hey!! I smoke whenever I want, smiley face." Jiyong said almost shouting. "Chill, man... but seriously you need to stop that." Young Bae said resting against the wall beside Jiyong. "Health Freak." He said. "By the way... I heard that our next opponent will be the BTS group." Jiyong said out of the blue. Young Bae nodded. "BTS... You do know that one of its members is Rap Monster of Bangtan Boys." Young Bae said. Jiyong nodded, he clearly knows of this. "That guy who trashed down every street player in Hong-dae, a year and a half ago." Jiyong agreed.

"Hey, let's go to the nearby park." Young Bae said as he stands back up. Jiyong nodded and the two left. A few minutes came before they reached the park and it seems that there is a commotion in the nearby court as plenty of people are gethering around chattering. This caused the two guys to be confused. "What's happeing?" Jiyong asked.

"Jiyong-oppa!! Young Bae-oppa!!!" The two heard a familiar voice from the side. They turned and saw Taeyeon approaching them. "Yo!!" Young Bae greeted as Jiyong nodded. "It seems that there's a party going on here." Young Bae commented casually. "I just got here as well but I hear from some by-standers that there is actually a basket ball game happening now." Taeyeon said.

"Should we check it out?" Young Bae asked turning to Jiyong. The guy nodded. "Let's go." He said and the three went to the basketball court. As they approaches the court they heard the chatterings much clearer.

"Hey, I heard that that guy is a monster in court."

"Isn't he the one from BH High?"

"He is one of the prodigies, hyung... He almost took down Eunhyuk on a one on one." - "Wow, he is something."

"I know that he once came from Street Basketball... he is actually one of the Five Monsters."

Jiyong and Young Bae stiffened upon hearing the last comment. "Sh*t" Jiyong muttered turning to the now serious Young Bae. Taeyeon noticed their tensed expression. "Oppa-deul? What's the problem?" She asked. Jiyong turned back to Taeyeon and moved quite away from Young Bae who now wore a dark expression. "Since when have you been enthused in basketball, Tae?" Jiyong asked. "About three to four years ago. Why?" Taeyeon rebutted. "I was interested in basket ball because of my brother, Jinwoo-oppa." She answered.

"The name sounds familiar." Jiyong commented. Taeyeon eyed him in confusion. "Well, anyway, have you heard of a special category of players they call the Royal Flush?" Jiyong asked. Taeyeon shook her head. "I am not surprised. Because it is a special category, only people who had been in street ball knew of this." Jiyong said. "Apparently, in the standard Basket Ball games, we have this mythical five which consists of five best of the best players, right? Here in Seoul, inside the street ball community, we have this what we call the Royal Flush. They are known as the prodigy of the court." Jiyong said. Taeyeon nodded.

"Five people were referred to as the Royal flush. The opponents of such group is another group category which is known as the Five Monsters of street ball." He continued. "So how is it significant?" Taeyeon asked. Jiyong urged Taeyeon ahead where a five on five battle is hapening in the court. "The guy in thick fauxhawk with shaved pattern on the side of the head holds the ball? That guy is Kim Nam Joon but people know him as the Rap Monster. Look." Jiyong said.

Kim Nam Joon or NamJoon aka Rap Monster, looks utterly bored at the sight of the pressured face of his guard. "I'll eat you whole." He said as he pushes through giving quite a force to his guard then immediately turned around faking a ball pass over his head startling the guard. Doing another turn around he forced through easily, passing by the guards and smashed the ball to the ring with a grandiose windmill dunk.

"Woah!!!" The group of watchers hollered. Taeyeon was left in awe. "So who is more powerful the Royal Flush or the Five Monsters?" Taeyeon asked. "I honestly don't know. They are almost on par... depends on the situations." Jiyong said. "So... why is Young Bae-oppa like that?" Taeyeon asked looking at Young Bae. "He is, apparently, one of the Royal Flush." Jiyong said. Taeyeon eyed Jiyong in surprise.

Nam Joon smirked and looked towards the crowd in pride. "I can't believe you losers have this guts to challenge me." He said as his eye turned towards a familiar person. "If it isn't the great shining Taeyang. What a coincidence..." He said walking towards them and not minding the team he devoured earlier. Young Bae loosened up as Jiyong and Taeyeon approaches him as well. "Oh? Mr. Magic hands... never thought I will see you here as well. By the way, I feel bad that our Pretty Boy humiliated you to bits. You might have been a part of us now, that's a shame. Your magic hands is supposed to be very superior." Nam Joon said.

Jiyong glared at the guy but Young Bae held his shoulder causing him to turn towards his friend. Taeyeon was quiet the whole time, watching and is feeling the tension between the three. "Watch what you are saying to my friend, Rap Monster." Young Bae said eyeing Nam Joon eye to eye. "Been a while since we last fought Taeyang. You got me that last time. But I evolve, and become an even hungrier monster. Wanna check that out?" He challenged. "You should show'em, Bae." Jiyong urged.

"What? Can't do it?" Nam Joon smirked. Young Bae eyed him without hinting any form of response. Not long, before he chuckled and shook his head. "I think it would be best to see that in the court next week. We'll indeed meet there right?" Young Bae said wisely. Nam Joon's face fell, he is actually anticipating a quick one-on-one. "Being a wuss?" He tried one more challenge. Young Bae smiled. "Trying to be fair. You don't want to be humilitated, AGAIN, in this place just after you humiliated the poor ones there." There is a hint in Young Bae's voice. Jiyong noticed it, causing him to look at his friend. Same with Taeyeon. It is indeed a challenge. "And by the way... I will not give in to your request easily. Show it to me first by beating this guy's Magic Hands first." He said putting a hand on Jiyong's shoulder, causing the guy to turn roughly. "What!? Are you freaking kidding me!?" He yelled. Young Bae ignored him. "You said that you are on par or even greater than Pretty boy from 2pm. Show it by beating Jiyong first." He said. "You still lack something which Jiyong has. And he will slay you for that." Young Bae said confidently. Nam Joon remained silent obviously feeling mocked and ridiculed, glaring back at Young Bae.

"You're crazy." Jiyong muttered. Taeyeon smiled and nodded agreeing. "We'll see you in the court then. Bye!!" Young Bae said with a smile and turned around leaving followed by the two. "What do you think you're doing!? You're selling me as an opponent to them?" Jiyong rebutted when they were already away. He was surprised, however, by Young Bae's silence causing him to run to stop his tracks. "Oppa, what's the matter?" Taeyeon asked following as well beside Jiyong. Young Bae eyed them. "Rap Monster is considered a true monster of the inside court. We are of the same class but his acts are more aggressive compared to mine. He is good at ball handling and has plenty of tricks to confuse his opponents. This is not an easy fight. We need to train harder." Young Bae said. "Wooyoung only considers two person as his rivals." He said.

"You." Jiyong answered. "And Nam Joon." Young Bae added. Jiyong eyed him. "Show him what you can do and he might re-consider ignoring your challenges." Young Bae said. Jiyong eyed him first hesitating but feeling hyped up cause of his grudge on Wooyoung after humiliating him, with no other choice, he agreed finally. "You need to maximize the potential of your magic hands. You still haven't perfected that, I can tell." Young Bae said.

"Oppa, would that mean, Jiyong still has potential to become better even though he is actually already good?" Taeyeon asked. Young Bae nodded. "I can see in him that if he master the use of his style, he can be on par or even better than both the Monsters and the Royal Flush." He said. Jiyong was silent in this. "All our teams have great potential... we just need to take that out from inside them." Young Bae said. "Jiyong-ah!! Let's practice hard!!" Taeyeon called to Jiyong. Jiyong raised an eyebrow. "Since when have I allowed you to be informal to me?" He asked. Taeyeon eyed him, "You just want me to call you Oppa too." Taeyeon gave him a teasing look.

Jiyong, slightly flushing red, glared at Taeyeon. "I'd rather not." He said and this caused Taeyeon to pout. "Yah!!! You should really think twice about teasing me ya'know!! I'm being sincere to you and here you are!!!" She acted sulky. "Y-yeah right. Fine, whatever you say." Jiyong said ignoring Taeyeon. "Yah!!!" Taeyeon called.

"Anyway... do you have anything to do?" Young Bae asked. The two shook their heads. "I just want to hang out." Jiyong answered. "I was on my way home from a grocery store." Taeyeon said showing them a bag full of groceries. "Oh!! Why don't you guys come to my house and have some breakfast!! My brother and I are living alone right now since our parents are in Jeonju, checking on some family business." She offered.

"Nah.. I think I'll be good." Jiyong said. However, an arm was hooked forcely on his neck. "Yah You---"

"I think that's a good idea!! I'm starving!!" Young Bae butted looking towards Jiyong with a wink. "Why you..." Jiyong muttered in clenched teeth. "That's decided then!! I can't wait to introduce you to Jinwoo-oppa!!!" She said excitedly. "Come one!!!" With that, they went towards Taeyeon's place.

"Seriously, you being annoying." Jiyong whispered grimly, held captive in the neck by Young Bae's arms. Young Bae gave him a smile. "I found her brother familiar so might as well meet him." He said seriously. Jiyong just looked at him.

To Be Continued...

 

A/N

Update!! sorry It took sometime... had some problems in my inspiration. Hope you like it. next chapter pure Gtae!! :)