12th Quarter: The Power Five enters

Fast Break

-3rd quarter-

Jiyong sat patiently as he watches his team play for the first quarter of the second half. Sitting beside him is Taeyeon, Yuri and Sunny. He has his arms resting in his thighs as he watches carefully. "Are you alright?" He heard Taeyeon say. Turning to address the girl, Jiyong nodded and ruffled his hair before putting a white towel above it.

"You played very well..." Taeyeon smiled at him as she hands him a bottle of water. "Thanks." He answered and took gulps from the bottle as Taeyeon watches with a smile. Taeyeon is about to look back to the game but Jiyong called her attention. "You know what? Me being able to play like this is also thanks to you, I guess." He said as he continues to watch the game without looking at Taeyeon who seems to blush and was speechless. "I-It's not a problem. Y-you don't need to say it." Taeyeon said nervously as she shifts back to the court.

Jiyong chuckled. "Now watch Young Bae own the court." He said with a confident smirk.

-YG High -65:68 -TS High-

Seungri walked towards their court as Yong Jae waits for him. Smirking confidently and energized, Seungri made a double shift before turning around and stopping immediately as Yong Jae followed. He is clearly playing on Yong Jae, the latter however is more determined and focused.

Playing with the ball in his hands, Seungri faked a left then dashed to the right shoving the ball, in his right hand, behind him and having it bounce in between Yong Jae's feet and caught it again as he rushes to the ring. Yong Jae followed suit but Seungri is fast as he already had the ball passed to Daesung. Daesung secured the ball with two hands and had his back protecting the ball from Dae Hyun as he struggles to keep up strength with the buffer guy. Leaning his back and lifting his head, he turned around with his hands securing the ball and placing it near to his left torso with a smirk, he faked a move which seem to surprise his guard.

He made a step forward, hands still securing the ball. Dae Hyun moved back a bit and was surprised when Daesung jumped to make a shot. "Crap!!" Dae Hyun jumped as well but Daesung didn't budge, he fired a shot. Taeyeon gasped. Yuri looking at her in worry. "Daesung hasn't mastered shooting yet right?" She asked. "Go, Oppa!!!" Sunny cheered.

Everyone watched as the ball goes to the ring...

The ball hits the ringside and bounced away supposedly, but a hand caught it and shoved it back in with a powerful slam. "Nice, Hyung!!!" Daesung cheered, relieved. Yuri cheered proudly trying her best to hide her blush. Jiyong smirked nodding proudly.

-YG High -67:68 -TS High-

"We need to take this more seriously... this guy is something." Yong Guk said. The others nodded as they head to their offense. Seungri went to face Yong Jae while Young Bae on Him Chan, Daesung on Dae Hyun and Seunghyun against Yong Guk. 

Him Chan caught the ball and looked around trying to find a best spot to get a point. Just then he noticed Dae Hyun calling him and immediately passed the ball. Dae Hyun caught it and pushed Daesung, accidentally, Daesung lost his balance and fell to the floor as Dae Hyun charges. Taeyeon and  Sunny gasped. "Oppa!!!" Sunny called.

A loud whistle was blown...

All ten players stopped and looked at the referee. "Defensive foul!!!" The referee called much to Daesung's surprise. Young Bae looked at Daesung worriedly but gave him an encouraging smile. Zelo took the ball from the referee as the others went to their respective places. "That's ok, Hyung. Just be careful next time. I forgot to tell you that it is forbidden to touch or pull your opponents arm or hand or you will be called for foul." Seungri whispered as Daesung nodded somewhat nervous.

"Just focus on the ball and everything will be fine. You can do it." Young Bae smiled at him. Daesung nodded and smiled as he positioned himself. Dae Hyun took the ball as he positions at the right side of the court guarded by Daesung. "This guy is a clear newbie... can't believe that they have this kind of player with them." Dae Hyun smirked as he dashed to the left and immediately shifted to the right. Daesung who was very careful was left but it didn't surprise his teammates.

Dae Hyun rushed to them to fire a lay up when a hand smashed the ball right in front of his widened eyes. The whistle was blown. Dae Hyun eyed the man in front of him. He bowed and smiled. "Sorry, just reflex." He said in a mocking tone turning to Daesung who was equally surprised. "Yo wake up, bro!! We'll need your strength here." Young Bae winked and they all went back to position.

Taecyeon had this serious look in his face. "Taeyang is really something." He heard Junho commenting from the back. "No wonder, Wooyoung, is very interested in him." Taecyeon turned to Wooyoung and saw a very concentrated look on his face. "You seem worried." Taecyeon said. Wooyoung didn't respond immediately. "He is the first guy to have blocked my shots in three consecutive times, last year." He said. This caused heads turning his way. "HE!? Got you!?" Junsu said in surprised. "I ain't buying it." Nickhun followed. YoonA chuckled. "Wooyoung-oppa is such a joker." She said.

Wooyoung smirked. "You haven't seen him doing it seriously yet." He commented. Taecyeon eyed him. "You don't look like you're joking." He said. Wooyoung shrugged.

"Sh*t!! Defense!!!" Yong Guk cried as he rushed from the running guy. "I got him!!!" Him Chan got in front of Young Bae but to his surprise, Young Bae just passed through him with a very good turn around, passing the ball to Seungri who rushed with him as they eye each other. Seungri grinned and threw the ball towards the ring. Young Bae jumped high and with one hand caught the ball and smashed it towards the ring, causing it to tremble.

The B.A.P member stopped upon the sight. Taecyeon and his team, except Wooyoung, gasped. SM Elite's players were shocked as well. "Taeyang, I never expected less." Hyunseung said as everyone from his team were awestruck as well. "No way..." Nickhun said.

-YG High -69:68 -TS High-

 

The  whistle was again blown as the coach for B.A.P called for a time out. Sunny and Yuri greeted the team as they got back to their benches. "Young Bae, you did good." Tae Hyu greeted with Junho nodding. Young Bae smiled. "Well it's thanks to their help though." He said smiling at his teammates.

"This is the first time that they called for a time out." Dong Wook said. Young Bae nodded. "Coach, can I enter now?" Jiyong asked. "You haven't rested enough, Jiyong. Wait for a bit more." Dong Wook said. Jiyong eyed him as if contemplating but eventually followed. He knew very well that he might be at his limits.

"The moment that guy with braids came out, their scores came up and now they're getting ahead." Dae Hyun said. Him Chan nodded as he pants. Yong Guk eyed them and noticed how troubled they are. "We will outplay them. Let's get it more aggressively. No fouls until the last quarter." Yong Guk said. After a few minutes the game resumed and B.A.P went to their place, same as with Big Bang.

Young Bae looked at the timer, "It's near the end of the third quarter. 30 seconds... hmmm." He thought. He took a glance at Seungri who stood parallels to his position and they both shared a smile. Yong Jae was approaching while the others had already focused on their places. Forming a stance, Yong Jae eyed Seungri and pushed forward. This surprised Seungri as he backed away a little but Yong Jae turned to his left. Seungri followed trying to block Yong Jae's path. Smirking, Yong Jae threw the ball backwards.

Himchan caught the ball and made a stance with Young Bae positioning in front of him. Himchan faked, Young Bae didn't bite it. Himchan eyed his guard and smiled. "Tsk!" Young Bae anticipated the worst and jumped as Himchan fired a three. "Rebound!!!" Young Bae called.

Seunghyun and Daesung positioned themselves but where blocked by Dae Hyun and Yong Guk, now with more pressure. Seunghyun and Daesung struggled as the ball misses the center og the ring, bouncing powerful at the left edge towards, Daesung. Dae Hyun pushed Daesung back matching his strength with his. "Argh!!" Daesung groaned as he pushed back as the ball flies.

Dae Hyun smirked and jumped ahead of Daesung as the latter tried to follow.  Dae Hyun however have the advantage and he successfully caught the ball and threw it back to the ring. A new score for B.A.P.

-YG High -69:70 -TS High-

Seungri positioned himself as he dribbles the ball with his right then to his left hand, vice versa. Zelo eyed him, Seungri noticed one thing. "They're desperate." He thought as he doubles his dribbling speed and made a footwork combination then rushed to the right, stopping midway with his back facing Zelo and passed the ball to Young Bae.

Young Bae caught the ball and bent a bit, dribbling. Jiyong sat up straight as if something caught his eye. "They're tightening their defenses." He said. Taeyeon looked at him. "What do you mean?" She asked. Jiyong turned to Taeyeon and pointed at Himchan and Young Bae space. "Don't you think their space is too little?" He asked. Taeyeon looked at where Jiyong pointed and nodded. "But isn't it normal?" She asked. Jiyong shook his head. "He is aiming to steal the ball by hook or by crook." Jiyong said. 

Young Bae looked at Himchan as he carefully analyzes their position. "Applying pressure? They're desperate." He said then looked at the timer. 10 seconds, He made a seiorus face and faked turn to left then shifted to the right. Himchan followed but Young Bae made a shooting attempt. "What!?" Himchan hopped.

Jiyong and Young Bae smirked. Young Bae rushed towards the center from the left side turning around to evade Dae Hyun and jumped for a lay out. "Oh no you don't!!" Yong Guk said with Dae Hyun from behind. Young Bae's face stiffened. Jiyong was tensed. Taeyeon clutched her chest. "Oppa..." Yuri whispered eyeing Young Bae with worry. "Go Young Bae-oppa!!!" Sunny cheered. Everyone in Big Bang and B.A.P, even the audience where surprised.

"Let's see how he can match two of the largest and strongest of B.A.P." Shindong said. "Wooohhh... very strong willed huh?" Gikwang said in fake awe. Wooyoung smirked. Young Bae's sight path was blocked by Yong Guk and his stretched hands. He knew Dae Hyun is also behind him. Young Bae smirked.

Passing by Young Guk's side, Young Bae bent down and once he passed through Yong Guk, fired a reverse lay up. Taecyeon's team, except Wooyoung, almost stood up from their seat. Most of SM Elite's team leaned forward with anticipation. "Omo!!!" Yuri cried. The ball flew and fell...

ringless with a good "Swoop"

-YG High -71:70 -TS High-

 
The buzzer boomed around the whole gymnasium, signaling the end of the 3rd quarter. Everyone cheered as Young Bae, Seungri, Daesung, Taekwon and Seunghyun approaches them. "Oppa!!! Nice move!!!" Sunny cheered with Yuri nodding in shy admiration. Young Bae flashed them an embarassed smile, only for Yuri's face to turn redder. Jiyong  and Young Bae looked at each other and nodded in appreciation followed by a good high-five. 
 
Dong Wook nodding as he watches them celebrate with a smile. "Still the best player buddies..." He admired seeing Jiyong and Young Bae's closeness. "You did great, Young Bae-oppa!!" Taeyeon cheered as Young Bae bowed. "Well it's because I got thses four's help." He humbly said. They all huddled up to have a meeting. "Now I want Jiyong, Daesung, Seunghyun, Seungri and Young Bae on the court. We'll see how you five will take those kids." Dong Wook said.
 
Yong Guk and the others looked at them. "They are certainly a hard nut to crack." Himchan said from behind. "Should we do it?" Zelo asked removing his arm band. Yong Guk turned to them. "Jong up... your up." Yong Guk said as the guy made a smirk. "Finally..." He said. Yong Jae took the seat with a smile. "This would be one of those few times that we will have to use our full potential in the game." He said.
 
"They're taking Jong up out." Junho said. "This looks serious..." Doo Joon commented to his team. "This is getting more and more interesting..." Ryeowook said. "I agree..." Kyuhyun followed.
 
"Let's win this one. Show'em what we got." Jiyong said. "Let's go its..."
 
"Big... BANG!!!!"

Everyone cheered as the power five: V.I, D-lite, T.O.P, Taeyang and G-Dragon walks up to the stage, already and blazing for their comeback...

 

To Be Continued...

 

A/N:

an update!! sorry for the delay... Less G-Tae sorry, this is focused on the game so yeah... don't worry I'll makt up with a good fluffy and funny Gtae for you, maybe a Yulyang included as well. Thanks and enjoy!! :)