Glimpses of Jelousy

Breathless

 

Lying down on the floor exhausted from practicing dance routines, Gikwang could not believe that 2 months has already gone by since BEAST’s debut. It felt like 2 weeks had gone by only ever since he made that late night call to IU. Covering his eyes with his arm he tried to picture all the different faces of IU.

 

“I’m finally getting successful in my dream, slowly but surely I will get there….when I get there I hope your still waiting for me.” Gikwang sighed, thinking to himself.

 

Kick. Kick. “What the hell is that?” Gikwang thought “Who is kicking me?”

 

Uncovering his eyes he saw Yoseob standing above him with a cheesy smile on his face.

 

“Gikwang ah….” Giggling like a kid Yosoeb said “It’s daebak! I will finally get the chance to see IU shi again.”

 

Abruptly sitting up “Why?!....I mean why are you going to see her?”

 

“She’s going to be at MBS Star Dance Battle.” Clasping his hands together looking up dreamily Yoseob was bursting in excitement “I will finally get the chance to see her…” frowning “though she will be in the other team with Mblaq.”

 

“Really?! She’ll be participating? That’s good!” Jumping up and standing up with his fist up high Gikwang looked as excited as Yoseob. Embarassed at being caught, Gikwang suddenly lowered his arm and placed his arms around Yoseob’s shoulder “I meant that’s good for you Yoseob ah. You’ll finally see your ideal girl.” Clearing his throat “Ahem, I will make sure to uhm…cheer for her for you also.”

 

Though in his head Gikwang was telling himself this, “I will finally get the chance to talk to her and ask her about this” taking hold of the dog tag necklace that he had been wearing ever since.

 

Smiling at Yoseob, Gikwang has a lot of thoughts running in his head.

 

________ ^ _________

 

Yoseob’s Interval Story

 

In the van going to Idol Dance Championships, Yoseob could not hide his excitement unlike Gikwang.

 

“Yah! Yoseob ah what are you so happy about whistling like a fool?” Doojoon who was sitting beside Yoseob said who as of the moment could not keep still or keep quiet in the car.

 

“Hyung!” Yoseob with his puppy eyes looked at Doojoon “Hyung, I will finally see IU shi again!” Holding both of Doojoons hands Yoseob rubbed his knuckles on his chin.

 

“YAH! Let go of me!!!” Doojoon violently responded to Yoseob’s touch. Wiping his hands on his pants, Doojoon continued, “You mean cute IU shi will be there?”

 

Frowning and looking at Doojoon, Yoseob questioned him “Don’t tell me you like IU shi too?”

 

“What’s not to like?” Shrugging his shoulders Doojoon answered “She’s the cutest female Idol I’ve ever seen like a baby doll. I always had this urge to take care or baby her whenever I see her on TV.”

 

“Ditto” Junhyung interjected.

 

Leaning forward from the back seat Dongwoon grabbed Yoseob’s shoulder “Sorry hyung but that’s how I feel towards her too. She’s someone I look up to but at the same time want to take care of too.”

 

Shrugging of Dongwoons hands Yoseob gave all three members a death stare. “Just make sure you don’t like, like her or consider her as you ideal girl.”

 

Hyunseung who usually had his own world joined in “Are…we..uhm…talking about IU shi? I think she’s really cute too. Someone I’d like to wrap up and be displayed by my bedside.”

 

“YAHHHH! You creepy erted person! Don’t think of IU shi like that.” Pouting and almost in tears Yoseob pushed Hyunseung who was sitting on the front sit.

 

The other 4 members found this funny though and started praising and criticizing Hyunseung for his weird humour and thinking. Yoseob could not help it but argue with all of them that it wasn’t right at all.

 

Gikwang who was at the back seat with Dongwoon did not care to join all this commotion. But somehow he had been biting his lips throughout these exchanges between his band mates. It started bleeding; he could not stop this feeling inside of him. “What is this anyway? It’s not like I own her. ”

 

________ ^ _________

 

In the waiting room IU could not help but be nervous. She was more nervous about seeing Gikwang again then her upcoming performance on stage. Someone knocking on the door even made her jump.

 

“Come in” She said biting her nails.

 

Peeking through the door was her good friend Chundong. “Hi Ji eun ah! I wanted to say “Hi” and wish you good luck. How are you holding up?” Opening the door wide Chundong stepped in the room and offered both of his hands to IU.

 

Stepping forward IU grab hold of both of his hands smiling “So far so good…I think?” lowering her eyes she still felt uneasy.

 

“Hey…Look at me.” Chundong soothingly said.

 

Looking up IU saw….wait… “Was that Gikwang who just passed through hallway staring at me…well at both of us?” IU panicked in her head.

 

“Hey IU” Shaking both of her hands to get her attention, “I believe you’ll do just fine. Think of me, your good friend Chundong who believes in you.” Smiling at her widely and giving her a wink “AJA!” swinging her arms side to side, Chundong cheered to her.

 

“Yosh!” Breathing deeply IU looked up at Chundong smiling. “I will try to do my best!” Nodding IU walked out the door to rehearse.

 

After her run through on stage IU felt more confident that she’ll nail her performance. She at least was confident about that although she was still not comfortable to face Gikwang.

 

Walking towards her waiting room with her Manager in front of her, she felt manly arms wrapping around her waist, lifting her off the ground Seulong of 2am swung her.

 

“Seulong Oppa. Please put me down this is embarrassing.” IU said in surprise.

 

Finally touching the ground IU straightened her skirt and was blushing. Feeling the heat of someone’s stare she looked towards the stage. Gikwang who was rehearsing with BEAST members was staring straight at her with clenched teeth.

 

Seulong touching her face to get her attention said “Cute little IU, your Oppa missed you a lot. We haven’t seen each other since recording “Nagging”.” Pinching her cheeks Seulong stared down at her.

 

“Uhm…Oppa I missed you too.” Tucking in one lock of hair that went loose, IU looked at Gikwang’s direction again who at the same moment looked away. Getting more embarrassed IU looked up at Seulong. “Sorry Oppa but I have to go…uhm….see you later.”

 

“You bet on it! I should see you later. We have a lot to catch on.” Patting her head Seulong let her go.

 

On stage it was her time to perform. IU was extra self-conscious since she knew Gikwang would be watching her. She was nervous but then she should not show any weakness. Swallowing and breathing deeply she started strumming on the guitar.

 

Actual performance link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9ngSjKApPA

 

________ ^ _________

 

Gikwang could not help but cheer along with s while IU was performing. He also could not stop himself by being really proud of how IU has turned out. She always had a nice voice but she never had the confidence to sing. But tonight he saw how talented and confident she had been compared to before. Most especially when she performed to him in the Music store the first time they met. She was a blushing girl then and now she is becoming a mature confident woman…sadly with a lot or admirers.

 

Dugum…Dugum…Gikwang’s heart was beating more erratically than before at the Music store.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A word from ALANYA: 

Hope you like this chapter am working on Chapter 11 am doing an overnighter writing while am still in the mood.