Meddling w/ Destiny

Breathless

 

Doojoon who was on the phone with our Manager Hyung had a huge grin on his face. Dropping the call and masking his face with a straight face he called for Gikwang.

“Gikwang shi! I have good news!” He shouted.

Gikwang running towards his Hyung who just woke up from his afternoon nap said “Hyung…this better be good.” Yawning and rubbing his eyes looked up at Doojoon.

Grabbing both of Gikwang’s shoulders, Doojoon shook him hard. “We are going to be hosting Music Core this weekend!”

Expecting a happy reaction, Doojoon looked at Gikwang who remained half asleep in front of him.

“YAH! Wake up already, and guess what?”

Faking a smile Gikwang looked up at Doojoon. “What?”

“IU shi will be hosting the show with us!.” Grinning like an Ahjushi infatuated fan Doojoon looked at Gikwang with glitter in his eyes.

Spanking Doojoon on his shoulder, Gikwang was finally awake “HYUNG! Are you an Ahjushi fan of IU shi?”

Doing the same to Gikwang, Doojoon was offended “I am not an AHJUSHI!!!! IU shi and my age are not that big apart!”

Laughing Gikwang responded “Sorry hyung! It’s just that you look really old compared to IU shi.”

Doojoon now giving Gikwang a death glare stepped forward and bumped his chest on Gikwang’s shoulder indicating that he means “fight”. Guiltily facing the other way Gikwang was about to escape his Hyung’s tyrant anger..when Doojoon at that moment grabbed Gikwang’s neck from behind with his left arm and started strangling Gikwang.

“Apologise to Hyung now! Tell Hyung he looks younger than Maknae.” Doojoon angrily said to Gikwang

Laughing and trying to get out of Doojoon’s grip, Gikwang apologised “Sorry Hyung! It was just a joke but I can honestly say you look waaay younger than Maknae.” Glancing at Dongwon, Gikwang gave him an apologetic smile.

Letting go of Gikwang’s neck and playfully patting his head, “You’re forgiven.”

Yoseob who witnessed the interaction, interrupted “Doojoon hyung did I hear you correctly?” Hopping in front of the older man, he pouted, “You will be hosting Music Core with IU shi?”

Playfully patting Yoseob’s cute head, Doojoon replied “You heard right. Sorry Yoseob ah but you have to stay in the dorm and be jealous watching your Hyungs with IU shi.”

Slouching and bowing his head Yoseob sadly walked to the couch and the TV, seeing that it was IU’s music video playing on the tube his face lit up again, all his focus on the sight in front. Seeing this, Gikwang shakes his head in wonder. “Yoseob ah has bi-polar issues.” Gikwang thought to himself. Feeling his phone vibrating in his Jean pocket he grabbed hold of it and looked at the name on the screen “Chingu? Is calling.” Panicking Gikwang rushed inside the bathroom and locked it.

“Hello?” He answered.

“Hey!” was the response he got.

“Ah yes…” He replied

“I will see you.” She interrupted

“Oh yeah this weekend, I only found out now. I guess its destiny.” Gikwang acknowledged

Giggling IU replied “Yeah I guess so…”

“It’s funny that we only see each other at work.” Gikwang who was fiddling with the shower curtain nervously said.

“I hear you!” Giggling, IU can feel the awkward breathing of Gikwang as she paused and then continued “Well we are always busy and the only time we can hang out is at work too.” Sighing she was not happy with how they rarely see each other. They don’t even get to talk on the phone this was the first and she was the one who first initiated it.

-Flashback-

Gikwang usually texts her in the morning when he wakes up and at night before he sleeps it was their everyday routine. Although she loved waking up to find his messages and sleeping with their chat conversation in her head, but she was still not happy with just that she wanted to see him. That is why when her Manager Oppa asked if she’s willing to host with 2 beast members. She prayed to God that it will be Gikwang. But then she was disappointed when she heard from her Manager Oppa that it might be Doojoon and Yoseob who would be hosting with her.  

She innocently asked “Why Yoseob shi? Isn’t Gikwang more popular? Shouldn’t it be Gikwang? I will only host the show if it’s Gikwang, Oppa” She pouted and looked at her Manager with her big eyes.

“What is it with Gikwang? Is he your ultimate Idol crush?” Sighing Manager Park looked at IU disapprovingly. “Just make sure it’s just a crush and nothing further. You’re just starting your career and we don’t want you to end up with a huge scandal…but as a very nice Manager will try to pull some strings and try to ask if it can be Gikwang. They liked the idea of Yoseob since you have fans together.”

“Chincha! Really Oppa you will do that for me!” IU bounced and grabbed both of her Manager’s hands. “Please Oppa make this happen okay.”

Nodding his head Manager Park grabbed his phone and called the producer. Ending his phone call he looked at IU “You’re lucky I’m friends with the producer he’ll contact Cube Entertainment and ask if it can be Gikwang and Doojoon with you.”

“Kyah!” Running and hugging her Manager Oppa, IU finally got her wish.

-End of Flashback-

“Ji eun ah….” Gikwang snapping IU out of her thoughts, “Are you still there? Do you still want to talk?”

“Yeah I’m here. As I said we are busy at work so that means we only see each other at work also since there’s no other way.” IU responded.

“I guess so…but then if you’re not busy today I…uhm…I’m actually free the whole afternoon.” Gikwang who was blushing scratched the back of his neck.

IU’s heart erratically started beating fast, “I actually…well…the thing is…”

“I’m sorry. I get it you’re working, no problem maybe next time.” Gikwang disappointedly interrupted.

“Gikwang!” IU slightly raising her voice to get his attention “I am actually free in two hours but then I would be with Omma since I promised I will be eating her home cooked meal….You can join us.”

“Ah yeah, Ahjumma the beautiful. Are you sure she would not mind?” Gikwang asked.

“Of course you fool! Do you not remember how she LOVED you so much! She even declared herself to be Gikwang’s Ahjumma Fan.” IU happily told him.

Laughing together at the memory Gikwang finally said “I would love to. Please text me you home address and will meet you there.”

Saying their goodbyes they ended the call.

________ ^ _________

Ending the call, IU put her hand on her chest attempting to slower her heartbeat. But she couldn’t. The idea of seeing Gikwang tonight in her home was making her really nervous and excited at the same time.

“What am I doing? I should call Omma and tell her we have company for dinner.” IU thought to herself. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A word from ALANYA: 

I apologise for the short Chapter update. I did not want to lose readers by not updating. So please bear with me for now I promise to give you a better chapter once my head starts working again. GOOD DAY!