Finding Friendship

Breathless

 

Ending her performance and hearing the crowd cheer. IU could finally breathe normally. She was most especially surprised about the constant cheering of BEAST during her performance; although she hates to admit it she was most especially happy because of it. At least, Gikwang was taking notice of her and her talent. She was happy that he was cheering for her.  Although during their performance she could not give the same wild cheer as they did for her. She did not want to be too transparent about her feelings. She wanted to keep a low profile of how she is feeling as of the moment.

 

But she was impressed, they all had skills. Yet, she was still bias. In her heart she was cheering and most especially impressed of one person only. Lee Gikwang.

 

During a break, IU decided to step out of the studio for a breather. She was outside by the parking lot feeling the cold Seoul evening. She wrapped her arms around her to prevent herself from getting any colder. Then she felt a warm sensation, something was dropped and wrapped around her shoulders. She looked behind her and saw Gikwang in a white suit ensemble with a bowtie and gray vest. She looked at her shoulders and saw the white blazer jacket that Gikwang put there.

 

Moving his left ear to his shoulders, Gikwang looked at IU “Hi. It has been a while.” Shifting his weight to his left leg he stared at IU.

 

IU opened and then closed it. Pause. Stuttering she replied “Uhm hi……”

 

Hearing voices nearing them, Gikwang took hold of IU’s wrist and pulled her along to the parking lot behind BEAST’s van.

 

Letting go of her, IU leaned back to the van. Gikwang turning his back on her finally spoke again “Ji eun shi is getting more popular each day.” Smirking, “I notice your especially most popular in the idol male circle.” Stuffing his hands in his pockets with his back still on her, he kept his emotion in check.

 

“I uh…” IU wanted to extend her arm and reach for Gikwang’s shoulder but she stopped herself. “I just made a lot of friends during the duration of my promotions. They have been all nice to me. I am thankful.” Clenching her fist on the side she straightened her back.

 

“Ah yes, of course….” Facing IU, Gikwang lifted his chin “You should be nice to people since its part of the job.” Lifting the necklace he hid beneath his polo shirt, he showed it to IU “Is that why you gave me this?”

 

Turning red IU could only say “Oh..” covering with her hand, looking at him in surprise. “You knew it was me?”

 

“The butterfly gave it away.”

 

“You still remember?” IU boldly stepped forward and took hold of the necklace.

 

“How will I forget? You’re my butterfly.” Gikwang smiled.

 

Letting go of the necklace IU stepped back again. “It’s a good luck charm I wanted to give you….” Stuttering, “to remember me by” she thought in her head “uhm…to commemorate..uhm…you finally debuting.”

 

Gikwang stepped forward.  IU took another step back “I…I…was thinking we were friends then…uhm…so we can still be friends now….that is why….I gave you that for our friendship.”

 

Gikwang took another step forward and IU hit the van that was behind her. Leaning forward, Gikwang placed his right palm on the side of IU face. “Of course, we are friends.” Half smiling Gikwang leaned closer “that is why I accepted that gift from you. Thank you.”

 

Seeing IU getting agitated, Gikwang laughed and stepped back. “As friends don’t you think we should see each other more often or contact each other more often?” Grabbing her purse, Gikwang took her cell phone and started typing his number in the phonebook. Placing it back inside her purse he handed it to her.

 

“Don’t hesitate to contact me as a friend.” Emphasising on the friend, Gikwang smirked at her and grabbed hold of her shoulder.

 

Gasping IU got off balanced.

 

“Ops…be careful.” Gikwang straightening her shoulders, “I need to get this jacket for my performance with Noona Juri.”

 

Getting hold of his jacket he walked away from her and left her motionless in the dark.

 

“There you are!” Manager oppa told IU. “Break is over, shoot will start soon you have to head back.”

 

Watching Juri Unnie’s performance with Gikwang was overwhelming…an overwhelming feeling of being proud or jealous. The fact that Gikwang was doing a duet and dancing with another girl did not make IU too happy.

 

Performance link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBtAJSa4zCs

 

________ ^ _________

 

Yoseob’s Interval Story

 

On their way home to the Dorm…

 

“Gikwang ah” Snuggling his forehead on Gikwang ‘s shoulder, Yoseob frowned “I am caught between two emotions!”

 

Keeping his face straight, Gikwang asked “What is it Yoseob ah?”

 

“I saw IU shi and I was very happy but I am also sad since I did not get to talk to her!” Leaning his head on the back rest, Yoseob covering his eyes pretended to cry.

 

Gikwang could not contain his laughter anymore and started laughing along with the rest of the Beast members.

 

________ ^ _________

 

Gikwang only stopped laughing when he received a text message.

 

IU says:

Gikwang shi. It’s nice to have met you again as a friend. See you around! FIGHTING! >_<

 

Gikwang says:

Same goes for me. It’s good to have you back as a friend.

 

Message sent. Gikwang was frowning. “Isn’t this what you wanted? A reconnection with Ji eun, this is the best way to go….starting as friends.” Gikwang told himself.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A word from ALANYA: 

I totally messed up the events…this was a year after their debut not 2 months….ahhhhhh….Oh well, this is a fanfic so anything can happen. Research of information…FAIL. L