Enters, Another

Breathless

 

Lee Gikwang was an utter chaos these past few months. After touring around Korea and Japan; CUBE Entertainment decided to finally launch Lee Gikwang in a boy band called “BEAST!”

 

Sitting in the practice room, waiting for the other members to arrive, he could not believe 5 months had already passed. It was also 5 months he had not seen IU face to face.  He should be happy since that’s what he wanted…

 

 “Is it?” lying down on the floor, he looked up the ceiling and tried to remember her face, her eyes, her cute nose and her tiny yet pouty lips. “AGH! PABO!” he suddenly shouted, sitting up, as though in automatic pilot he started browsing the internet for her name, to at least find out where she is right now.

 

He ended up joining her fan café. Behind him, he could feel faint breathing. Looking behind him immediately almost made him kiss his best mate Yoseob.

 

“Aigyo! Yoseob ah!” turning and backing up towards the mirror with a guilty expression, Lee Gikwang asked his friend, “What the hell are you doing?”

 

Scratching the nape behind his neck, Yoseob playfully smiled and said “I was here 5 minutes ago and you were making a lot of ruckus about something, so I was just curious and…” Shrugging, he sat beside his friend.

 

“And?” Lee Gikwang asked.

 

Smiling like a clown Yoseob responded, “I did not know you were also a fan of IU! I totally know why we are Best Mates we totally have the same taste in everything!” Giving Gikwang brotherly hug, he continued “but as I feel happy that you are her fan, I am warning you right now that…” releasing the hug and sliding to sit face to face to Gikwang “…I like her a lot” Yoseob finished with a very serious and sincere look.

 

Laughing Gikwang pushed his friends shoulder “Yah! Why are you suddenly so serious Yoseob ah? How could you like a girl you never met?”

 

“Who said we never met? We already did!” Standing up, spinning and ending it with a princely bow. Yoseob started dancing exuberantly even without music.

 

Sighing, Gikwang stood up and followed his friend. Yet his brain was working double time trying to figure out when they met or how did they meet…

 

Slap palming his forehead, he thought “I should stop being possessive. It’s not like she belongs to me. A lot of other guys probably like her most especially because she’s becoming popular.”

 

_________^_________

 

Yoseob’s Interval Story

It was August 2009, last days of Summer, Yoseob was utterly bored with his usual routine, school, training, hanging out and home.

 

He had enough, while walking towards the train station he saw a huge crowd was forming in front of a music store in Hong Dae. He saw huge banners of IU’s album photos , well, that definitely sparked his interest. He had been crushing on IU since she debuted last year.

 

“Kyahhhhh!!!!” Yoseob getting excited in his head, as he literally skipped happily towards the crowd, a man suddenly stopped him.

 

“I am sorry, but you need to fall in line.” The man said, pointing towards the end of the line.

 

“Well, well…what do we have here?” Yoseob thought, clapping his hands together and clasping it happily, “What luck?! It’s a meet & greet IU event!”

 

As the line progressed the crowd started thinning in front of him and slowly he could get glimpses of IU. Dugum Dugum Dugum…..his heart kept beating loudly yet slowly like that. But then he noticed everyone was handing IU presents, which he was not able to do.

 

Stomping his feet and snapping his fingers at the same time he hissed. “PABO! I don’t have anything”. Stuffing his hand inside his pocket, he then felt something. Grabbing hold of the item he lifted his hand and saw his favourite guitar keychain engraved with his initials given to him by his music teacher. Kissing it, Yoseob lifted it up in the air and started jumping for joy!

 

“Destiny does wonders!” Yoseob smiled inside. “Destiny brought me here to meet my destined girl.”

 

While giggling like a fool, Yoseob, felt a hand slapping his arm. “Yah, won’t you move forward!” A guy said behind him.

 

As he was about to pounce and look at the guy behind him, an event staff caught his attention to come up on stage to meet IU. He straightened his posture, brushed his hair down with his hands. He went up the stage with confident smile…well until his feet caught the last step of the stairs. As he was about to fall flat on his face he extended his arm and pretended he was doing push ups on the stage. Everyone started laughing including IU!

 

Standing up he did a fancy spin and bowed to the audience. Looking towards at IU, he gave her his best wink and swaggered towards her. Bowing 90 degrees, he extended his arms to IU to shake.

 

“Hi! I’m Yoseob” Blushing like a little boy he gave his IU’s album copy to be signed and handed her his small gift. “Please accept this small gift..to…errr…remember me by.”

 

Looking up their gazes met. IU was smiling warmly at him while she received her gift and handed him his now signed IU album. “Thank you for coming. It was nice that nothing bad happened to you.” She shook his hand once more while smiling she continued, “By the way, nice little performance you did. Please be careful next time.”

 

Blushing and smiling like a kid Yoseob scratched the back of his head “ Ah hehehehe…anytime.”

 

________ ^ _________

 

 

In a recording studio, IU was recording a song by MC MONG with featured artist Shinee’s Key. She was at the very moment browsing the internet on her phone.

 

 “I miss him….” She was thinking.

 

That’s when he came across Beast debut teaser.  Screaming like a fan girl she saw Gikwang’s face and she’s pretty sure it was him.

 

“YAH! IU shi, what are you screaming about?” Key suddenly said.

 

“Sorry, Key shi” IU said bowing her head. “I will try to keep it down.” She did not mind Key since they were sort of friend already. Going back to what she was doing, she searched for more information about the boy band Beast and was surprised to see that they already had a fan café. 

 

“Would you like to be a member?” The screen of her phone flashed. Closing her eyes, YES, IU clicked that box.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A word from ALANYA: 

Sorry for the late post…but what do you think of Yoseob’s story? Should I put more of his comedic intervals?