Multiple Instances

Breathless

On a tattered sofa, Choi Junhong had his long legs stretched out in front of him as he leaned  towards  the back rest. Holding the remote control with one hand he was surfing channels. He only stopped surfing when he saw Noona Jieun’s face, who was right now hosting the show Music core with a very familiar idol. Gripping the remote control he could clearly feel something tightening in his heart. Since, these two male idols were comfortably getting close to Noona, especially the boy named Gikwang, that same boy who went to his noona’s home for dinner.

-Flashback-

It was evening when Choi Junhong got a call from an Entertainment Company that he was accepted to be a trainee. He was too happy and the first person he wanted to share the good news to is Noona Jieun. He automatically rushed out of his house and came bursting in Jieun’s house.

“Noona!!!!!” Junhong shouted “I have good news.” It took him a while before he noticed that they had a guest since IU rushed towards him and covered his mouth with her hand.

“Will you hush down.” IU looked at him with a plea. “We have a guest for dinner and right now will not be a good time.” Removing her hand from his mouth and she pushed Junhong out the door.

IU was about to close the door when, “Jieun ah, was that Junhong I heard? If so ask him to join us for dinner.” Mrs. Lee said.

“Yah! Noona your mother just invited me in! ” Smirking, Junhong continued “Shouldn’t you be a doll and let me in the house?” Smiling deviously, “Besides it’s your MOTHERS house so she can invite whom she wants.”

Sighing IU did not have much choice but to open the door behind her and step back in the house with Junhong.

Gikwang recognized him immediately once Junhong sat down in front of him. “Hey aren’t you the kid I met? The one I bumped into and spilled the ice cream you bought all over your shirt?”

“Ah yeah, the name is Choi Junhong.” Extending his arm for a handshake which Gikwang accepted wholeheartedly.

“I hope you noona was happy about the ice cream.” Gikwang added.

“Ah she was, thank you.” Junhong responded glancing at IU who was helping her mother in the kitchen hoping she was not hearing the conversation. It will just make it more awkward if IU heard everything.

“No problem. So you are Jieun ah’s friend?” Gikwang asked.

“Yeah. I am noona’s childhood neighbour. We are extremely tight.” Junhong crossing his middle and index finger to emphasize the point.

IU who arrived at that moment said “Tight my ? Do you mean the boy who makes my life hell?!” Placing the side dishes in front of Gikwang she gave him her biggest smile while turning to Junhong and sticking out her tongue. That childish behaviour made Gikwang chuckle in return IU blushed for being caught by Gikwang.

“Don’t worry Jieun ah, I find this side of you very cute.” Gikwang complimented. Junhong rolled his eyes and stuffing food in his mouth.

The rest of the evening was dreadful for Junhong since it wasn’t only IU who was paying extra attention to Gikwang. Mrs. Lee as well was pampering Gikwang by feeding extra servings of the food she cooked. It was good thing that Junhong did not end up with an upset stomach.

-End of Flashback-                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Junhong ended up turning off the TV since his mood just gone bad to worse! The day is still young though so he decided to go up his room and record more of his freestyle rap to send show the Company. The more he needs to step up his game or else he’ll end up losing his only noona.

 

________ ^ _________

 

While at Music core after party, IU and Gikwang is just starting to get cosy on a couch in the corner of a rented out restaurant. They were reminiscing about their trip in JEJU where they first met, when they we’re interrupted by IU’s Manager Oppa and Doojoon.

Clearing his throat, Doojoon slumped on the couch beside Gikwang, while Manager oppa grabbed hold of IU’s risk and announced. “Sorry to interrupt but IU has to leave since she has an early schedule tomorrow.”

Standing up and straightening her skirt, IU looked at her Manager with a disapproving pout. “I am indeed sorry…” looking at Gikwang with a forced smile, “I will see you when I see you. Goodbye.” Waving at each other, IU exited the restaurant.

Extending his arm up in the air and dropping his hand on Gikwang’s head. Doojoon teasingly messed up Gikwang’s hair “Aigoo…someone can’t take his eyes off somebody, and someone might just end up having his heart on his sleeve. We don’t want it to be obvious or rush things, too early in the game to get in a scandal.” Looking at Gikwang straight in the eye, “Hyung is concerned and is just giving his dong saeng advice, I wish you keep it in mind and not act impulsively.” Getting up Doojoon left Gikwang on the couch deep in thought…well…until his phone vibrated and was disrupted.

Jieun says:

“I really have an early schedule…thank you for accompanying me this evening. I had a good time.”

 

Gikwang says:

“No worries… it was nice for me as well. Goodnight!”

 

Jieun says:

“Goodnight.”

 

Gikwang stared at the screen feeling torn on whether to reply or leave it be….he decided…leave it be. Exasperating, Gikwang leaned his head on the couch covering his eyes with his arm. He tried not to cry.

 

________ ^ _________

 

Days, weeks and months had pass. Gikwang and IU will still text each other but their messages became shorter and less frequent within the week. It was expected since both are very busy. Gikwang was busy with promotions and practicing for their concert tour while IU was busy shooting her first drama Dream High.

 

Christmas was nearing and Gikwang was doing a lot of last minute shopping for gifts. Since, Christmas is the best time of the year to give love and spread love as Christ had done when he was here, Gikwang religiously makes sure to give blessings in form of kindness or gift to the people he cares about most. He was walking around from one shop to another when he came across a small vintage shop with a lot of trinkets and knick knacks. A certain vintage lock in green and brass caught his eye, in which out of nowhere he decided to buy. Browsing through the glass jewellery case, he decided to buy pearl jewellery set for his Omma, a blue sapphire chandelier earring for Mrs. Lee and a necklace with a Cong shell pendant made out of diamond clusters for IU. A replacement for the cheap shell necklace he gave her. Leaving the shop with a happy smile since he’d accomplished to buy everyone’s gift less than 2 hours, the allotted time in which his Manager gave him. It only means that he has time to feed his hungry stomach.

 

Walking towards a small cosy cafe pulling his hoody down further his face, Gikwang noticed that across the café was a huge crowd. Hesitating, afraid to be recognized, for a second Gikwang decided to back out and find his Manager. Not until, he recognized what the crowd was fussing about. It was IU and Wooyoung who was at the center of the crowd. It looks like they were shooting for the drama or rather was done shooting and was packing up.

 

“What luck!” Gikwang thought. Pulling out his phone inside his jacket pocket, he dialled IU’s number. Looking into the crowd he was expectantly waiting for IU to pick up, who remained deep in conversation with Wooyoung. Gikwang could feel his anger rising while the phone rang and remained ringing until it was dropped.

 

“WHAT! Did Jieun ah just rejected my call?!” Gikwang is now boiling with anger.

 

Dropping his hood and stepping into the crowd that parted like the red sea, since the “fans” recognized him, he went straight towards IU. Bowing  90 degrees he announced “Wooyoung hyung and IU shi...What a coincidence. I did not expect to find you in the middle of Hong dae shooting for the drama.” Straightening his back and looking straight at IU who was obviously surprised to see him, he glared and continued. “I was trying to decide if I should greet and interrupt you…I did not want to be rude so… Hello to both of you.” Looking at Wooyoung he smiled charmingly. “If you can please excuse me, but may I barrow IU shi. Her Manager Oppa asked me to get her since he saw me on my way over. The shoot is already done? Am I correct to assume?

 

Returning the smile Wooyoung said “Yes. We actually just finished, of course you may bring IU shi to her Manager.”

 

Without thinking Gikwang grabbed IU’s jacket sleeve and pulled her. As they were walking, Gikwang decided to pick up the pace and ended up pulling IU along while running, escaping the crowd as he found a small dark alley to hide.

Pulling her wrist out of Gikwang’s grasp IU glared at Gikwang with a flushed face. Catching her breath she finally said “What the hell are you doing?”

 

Grabbing IU’s shoulders, Gikwang pushed IU to a wall. “I’m kidnapping you.” Shocked IU remained motionless, leaning his lips towards her left ear, he whispered “Are you going to trust me? We can go to anywhere you like.”

 

IU who was now blushing red, stuttered “ I…I…of course I trust you.” Grabbing a handful of Gikwang’s jacket IU pushed him backwards. “Let’s go to Namsan tower.”

 

Chuckling, Gikwang grabbed his bonnet and covered IU’s head with it. “First thing’s first we need a disguise.” Twisting the scarf around IU’s neck, Gikwang wrapped IU until her scarf covered her from neck to lips. Grabbing his hoody down to cover his forehead and sporting aviator shades, Gikwang was almost satisfied with their disguise. Opening his backpack he started getting the contents out.

 

He stopped what he was doing and looked at IU and said “I went shopping today that’s why I have a whole bunch of stuff.” Getting huge fashion  glasses out of a bag and a baseball cap, he handed IU the glasses and wore the cap. “I think were ready.”

 

Straightening and squaring his shoulders he extended his arm for IU to accept. “Are you ready for an adventure with me?”

 

Cocking her head as if having second thoughts, IU chuckled at Gikwang’s statement and grabbed his hand. “I can go anywhere in this world with you” IU thought to herself.

 

“I will go anywhere if it’s with you.” Winking Gikwang told IU, as if answering the question in her head.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A word from ALANYA: 

Their adventure will be on the next chapter. As promised I gave you a longer chapter to read. Hope you’ve enjoyed!