Coincidence & Decisions

Breathless

 

Walking in a pace like there’s no tomorrow, Gikwang stuffed both of his hands in his pockets.  The cold night air was getting under his skin, and yet here he was walking towards an ice cream shop to make himself feel better.

“It was childish of him to be jealous of Yoseob” Gikwang thought.

Not paying attention of his surroundings Gikwang bumped into someone making that someone fall on his in the middle of the sidewalk with ice cream all over his shirt.

“AISH!” The teenage boy said, getting up and looking at Gikwang irritatingly. “YAH! Watch where you going……..” forgetting what he was supposed to say the boy bent down because of his tall height to look at the person who was hiding behind his hoodie. “Aren’t you some sort of an Idol? You must be since you’re wearing tons of makeup and eye liner.”

Shrugging and stepping forward Gikwang tried to avoid his stare “I’m sorry. I can only give you this handkerchief to clean yourself with.” Gikwang can’t believe that he went out totally forgetting to wipe off his stage make up.

“Just wait one second.” Grabbing Gikwang’s arm.

Getting out of his grip Gikwang walked quickly trying to get out of the boy’s hassling nature.

“That Ice Cream was for my beloved Noona! You can at least buy me a new one.” The boy emphasized to Gikwang.

“Okay.” Stopping and facing the boy “I’ll buy you a new one.” Gikwang said.

“I’m Choi Junhong by the way.” Extending his arm to Gikwang for a handshake…or atleast that’s what Gikwang thought because Junhong grabbed his hand and pulled him closer for a shoulder knock, gangster style.

“Gikwang..uhm..Hyung…” Gikwang awkwardly said to the stranger.

“Gikwang shi?” Cocking his head to the side “hmmmm….does not ring a bell, though you look familiar.” Rubbing his chin, Junhong decided to get going and get IU shi her favourite Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream that she loves. He had to look through his laundry and fish out coins in all of his Jean pockets to afford that ice cream that was now all over his Jacket. Well he did find the solution to the problem. Putting his arms around Gikwang’s shoulder they moved towards the Ice Cream shop.

Finally reaching the shop, they went to the counter and ordered.

“One chocolate fudge Ice cream for me in a waffle cone and uhm…” Gikwang looking up at Junhong.

“Oh and one Banana Chocolate Chip Ice cream in a cup to go.” Junhong told the lady in the counter with a smile. The lady in the counter blushed and was flustered by Junhong’s cute smile.

Gikwang wanted to get offended because he was supposed to be an “Idol” and here was a sales lady getting more flustered by his teenage boy companion. Giving Choi Junhong a once over, Gikwang thought “Well, he does look like an idol.”

Walking out of the Ice Cream shop Gikwang noticed that his companion was not eating his ice cream. “Hey aren’t you going to eat that? You had hyung buy it but you’re not eating it.”

Scratching the back of his neck Junhong looked at Gikwang with a huge smile “You have to forgive me but I did say I was buying it for my Noona. She loves this Ice Cream and I wanted to give her a treat since she just made a….” Junhong was about to say “comeback” but he did not want to get IU into trouble or get himself into trouble.

“Well your Noona has the same taste as someone I know….” Gikwang told Junhong while remembering IU’s face in JEJU when they bought the same ice cream flavour in the same ice cream shop brand. Her whole face lit up when she took a bite of her ice cream. Ever since then Gikwang knew he was a goner.

“Ahhhhh…” Was the only response Gikwang got. “Anyway, Hyung I need to go before this Ice cream melts.” Lifting the paper bag the ice cream was in. “Thank you for this even though it’s mostly your fault that you needed to buy it for me anyway. My mother taught me some good manners so I had to thank you.”

“Hey Choi Junhong!”Turning to face Gikwang, he said “What?”

“You should try auditioning to become an Idol. You have potential.” Gikwang said out of the blue. Laughing the boy disappeared from his view walking in a hurry to give his Noona her ice cream.

Grabbing the tales of his jacket he snuggled his hand under his armpits. He should not have had that ice cream but then he met Choi Junhong who had a sister like IU. Sighing. It seems like he will always be reminded of IU….

________ ^ _________

“NOONA!” Choi Junhong shouted bursting into their living room.

“Yah! Are you going to scare me to death? Do you really need to shout?” IU said getting startled by Junhong.

“Sorry to Noona.” Giving her the cutest sad look pout “But I’m her to make Noona happy I got you your favourite ice cream as a treat for your comeback!. TADAH!” Shacking the paper back in front of IU.

Smiling like the sun shined in, IU grabbed the paper bag, got the cup of ice cream and scooped a spoonful of ice cream. Bringing it into she had the look of pure satisfaction. Opening her eyes, she looked at Junhong, “It’s just what I needed after a long day. Thank you, at least you have some use after all.”

Blushing Junhong stood in front of IU…mesmerized….an Idol…maybe he can be an Idol as Hyung had said. In this way he will be closer to IU or understand what the heck it is about being an Idol.

Dreaming on his own, IU decided to let him be…since, she wanted so badly to talk to someone who also bought her the same ice cream before.

________ ^ _________

Gikwang who was about sleep got a text….

Ji eun Says:

Are you still awake?

Gikwang Says:

I am now….

Ji eun says:

Sorry did I wake you? Goodnight!”

Gikwang Says:

You woke me up already and now you want me to sleep?”

Ji eun says:

Ah.. okay…I just thought of you so I wanted to check on my Chingu.

Gikwang says:

I was thinking of you too. You did well in your comeback…

Ji eun Says:

Thank you. Yoseob shi did well too…

Gikwang Says:

Ah yeah. My Chingu Yoseob always does his best in everything.

Ji eun Says:

He does, doesn’t he? He seems to do it just well and he does not even have to try. His just charming and cute, while I have to try…

Gikwang Says:

What are you talking about? Well yeah Yoseob is somewhat cute but you don’t have to try either. You’re just….

Getting up from the bed Gikwang sent the text. What was he doing?! Looking at his screen, no immediate response, his heart just stopped, and he counted to 3….finally

Ji eun Says:

Anyway goodnight Chingu! I will see you around.

IU regretted sending that text. She wanted to talk to Gikwang badly and tell him everything like she used to, about her father, her friends, her worries and everything else. But she can’t for her career this relationship must remain in friend zone.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A word from ALANYA: 

Sorry for the late update….a lot of work and projects going on!