An Interval

Breathless

 

“KYAHHHHH!!!!!!” Yoseob running around CUBE practice studio with his arms wide open, going towards Gikawang he gave Gikwang a tight bear hug.

 

Lifting Gikwang off the floor, “Hyung”, and placing him back on the floor.  Yoseob with both of his hands on Gikwang’s shoulder, “Guess who was on the other line?” Staring at him blankly Gikwang did not want to guess or was in the mood to guess. “Our President, he said I will be doing a “featuring” in IU shi’s  “Marshmallow” song promotion.” Frowning. “But for only one live show.” Perking up with a huge grin again, Yoseob continued “But then that’s like fulfilling my fanboying fantasy!”

Gikwang faked a smile “Good for you! Since, I will be busy shooting for an afternoon drama, it’s time that you got busy with your own project. Make BEAST proud and represent BEAST awesomely.” Giving Yoseob a high five he walked out of the studio grimly, tripping on Hyunseung who was lying down on the floor.

 

“Hey Gikwang” Hyunseung said sleepily, “Aren’t you going to apologise?” Even with that said Gikwang kept walking and did not hear anything.

 

Yoseob in the other hand was joyfully in a corner giggling by himself.

 

 

________ ^ _________

 

The day of the performance finally came. Yoseob and IU’s schedule did not meet so they have been practicing on their own studios separately. Even though Yoseob was confident he will nail all the steps since he can pick up any dance choreography in like one go, one look and he can replicate the steps to exact. That was one of his hidden talents that he was very proud of.

 

Sharing the same waiting room, Yoseob was early and was waiting for IU nervously. The door opened with IU entering the room with her manager. Yoseob’s jaw at the same moment dropped. The stylist noona who was fixing his hair started giggling because of Yoseob’s reaction.

 

“Park shi, looks like our Yoseob ah is mesmerized by your IU ah.” The stylist Noona blurted out.

 

Blushing like a red tomato, Yoseob defensively said “Yah noona! I am just a huge admirer of IU shi. I even went to her signing events in the past; right now I am just starstrucked!”

 

IU bowing down, blushing at the comment said “ah…Thank you, Yoseob shi. I am as well a fan of BEAST. It is nice to meet you.” Extending her arm for a handshake in which Yoseob eagerly accepted.

 

Stepping back and scratching the nape of his neck, “I don’t know if you remember me but I was the fan in your signing event last year who fell and pretended to do push ups.”

 

“Kyah!” IU excitedly responded “That guy who fell! Of course I will not forget you, that was why you looked so familiar.”

 

“Looks like I made an impression” Yoseob thought to himself, raising his eyebrow to IU, “Ah yes that was me IU shi.”

 

“Well it was good that our President thought of you as my partner. You have a very cute & funny charm, perfect for this song.”

 

Stuttering because of the compliment “I hope I do justice to that image….uhm….Thank you, IU shi” Grinning like a kid Yoseob thought to himself. “I had to hassle Stylist Noona to talk to Manger Park and suggest a special performance between the two of us, as a publicity stunt, if you only knew IU shi… I can be very aggressive and persuasive as well”

 

That was why during the performance together Yoseob took every opportunity to charm IU with his cute charm and aegyo dance moves. Even though the weather was cold IU made Yoseob feel very warm and fuzzy inside.

 

Actual performance link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wYIeb0GADM

 

________ ^ _________

Checking the internet the next day, Yoseob found out that the trending topic in the web is…drumroll…IU and himself. A lot of fans had positive reaction and was forming a love team between IU and him. He was overjoyed! He could not help but laugh and smile all day long, making him look like a crazy person to the people around him.

 

Doojoon finally slapped his back and said “Yah Yosoeb ah! I think you should snap out of your foolishly happy mood. It’s becoming too annoying! You might be too happy not to notice that everyone is avoiding you since you’re not the best person to keep as company! All you talk about is IU this and IU that!”

 

“I am?!” Yoseob questioned.

 

“YES!” Everyone chorused.

 

Gikwang who was part of the chorus could not take it anymore. Getting his jacket he stepped out of the dorm and out in the streets. Best treatment for irritation is to walk it off and cool it down with chocolate ice cream, and that’s what Gikwang planned to do.

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A word from ALANYA: 

I could not miss this encounter between Yoseob and IU. They are so cute together! Don’t worry Gikwang and Zelo fans their stories are coming on the next chapter.