First Meeting

Breathless

 

A cute petite girl with a side ponytail was bobbing her head along with the music playing in her Mp3 player. Her hands never stopped twining and untwining the wire of her headphones. She was obviously nervous. Her palms are sweating and she could not keep calm while she sits down and wait while the car finally drops her off to her final destination. She could not decide if she should sigh from relief knowing that this will be the last stop of her schedule or die from a nervous breakdown for her comeback stage.

“Ji Eun!” Manager Park said. No response. “IU!” he tried again slightly raising his voice. “Yes….Oppa?” IU finally responded. “We are here.” He replied, giving his hand out for IU to grab and step down the van.

As usual M Countdown backstage was filled with a lot of idols hanging out in the hallways with their fellow Idol friends or group members. Being a solo artist and somewhat rookie, IU tends to be by herself in a corner or inside the waiting room playing on her phone or texting her friends.

“IU, by the way you will be sharing a waiting room with a rookie. Will that be okay?” Manager Park informed her. IU chose to just look at him and nod. It was policy for a not so popular artist and most especially a “solo” artist to share their waiting room with somebody else. So she was used to it. There was even a time where she shared the waiting room with Younha one of the very few Kpop artists that she truly admired. She really did not care and it was nice to meet other fellow artists to learn or get a few pointers from. But then, since she was still a somewhat a rookie shyness will always prevail. So avoiding conversations and making friends is what she does every time.

After, walking on the long hallway going to her assigned waiting area, she had to do a 90 degree greeting to almost everyone in the hallway. When she finally reached the door of her assigned waiting room her sight was fuzzy due to all the blood rushing to her head. Manager Park had to guide her to the first chair in the room and gave her water to drink. She did not immediately notice all 5 women fussing over one guy in the other corner of the room. It was only when she heard one Noona stylist say “Aj, I think it will be better if we leave the buttons of your white polo shirt open. So all your women fans will go crazy over your y abs. You might even gain more fans after showing it.” IU could only see the man called Aj’s back. Even though, she perceived that the boy or man was blushing since the back of his neck is totally red as of the moment. Sighing, IU decided to have her make-up retouched by her own stylist not until she finally saw who AJ was. She almost dropped her mp3 player when “AJ” finally turned around. AJ was not quite surprise to see her though. He gave her, his signature no eyes smile and a wink. Scratching the back of his neck he just shrugged and walked towards the door….leaving her stunned and breathless.