.

The Invisible You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

In early morning the rain had begun pouring, but the heavy sound of the thunder woke up Yuki. Checking the clock, it's o8:oo in the morning, “oh crap!” anxiously she says realising that she's late preparing the breakfast. She rushes to her toilet to refresh herself hurriedly and then she heads to the kitchen. Instantly she prepares the dinning table, turns on the cookery and starts whisking some eggs.

 

“Isn’t he late?” she mumbles to herself, wondering the reason why Jaejoong didn’t showup in kitchen till now.  As she sits down and stares at the food she has prepared within 15 minutes. And slowly she falls asleep, within a second her head was down on the table.

She has been thorough sleepless nights since their wedding day.  Jaejoong started showing up late every night in a drunken state which made Yuki to be really worried. She would wait for him as he enters the apartment and takes him to his bedroom since he can barely walk, lays him on the bed, takes his shoes off, and yes she struggled with his weight, Yuki indeed was petite, but she had to do it but he was just unaware about this.

She didn’t know why Jaejoong was being like this nowadays. Luckily, he didn’t suffer from any hangovers the next day, so this didn't affect his work life. Jaejoong was never late from his work; as always an early bird.

 

Yuki hears a familiar voice and she feels some annoying poking on her head, she comes back from her dreams with heavy-eyed and she looks at him.

“Why are you sleeping here?” he asks her while he sits down and starts muffling with the meal that she has prepared. “…Sorry, I actually don’t know when I fall asleep…” she says as she looks at him and notices his unpleasant expression on his face.

“Is it s-salty? You don’t like it? Can I make something else for you?” she unstoppably questions. 

“No, just put it in the microwave!” he says as he hands her the plate.

“When did you cook this?” he asks as she stands right to the microwave waiting to re-heat the omelette and the beans, “I know that I’m really late this morning, I’m really sorry,” she continues as she notices he was still in his pyjama’s “ -but Jaejoong, aren’t you late?”  She asks “-late for what?” he questions “…for work?” she says confused.

“It is Saturday.” He answers her as she places the heated plate in front of him “and since when I leave at 10 o’clock?” he says while he points at the clock across the kitchen.

 

Once she realizes her early morning mistake, “I’m sorry,” the usual unreasonably apologies, and yes she has been very tired these days.

 

“I’ve told you before, you don’t have to wait for me at the night,” he says as he eats his food. But Yuki doesn’t answer him back, since she wants to wait for him just to make sure that he’s alright.

 

Shortly after, a silence fills the room as usual, and she assures herself nothing has changed since their wedding. The usual routine followed their day, but his drunken habits was something new. Yuki believed it was something to do with their marriage and she wished to help him but she wasn't sure how.  Yuki didn’t ask Jaejoong the reason that he proposed to her, but she was sure it was something to do with their parents, as she recalls that evening when she was watching the TV and he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter