Chapter 13 sunflower

SUNFLOWER

Seven years later …

At a sunflower field … after a long rainy day … everything looked really wet.

          A young man was trying to swept away the dirt covering up a grave. He smiled when looking at the boy who was playing with a toy near by. The boy seemed around 4 -5 years old, he had big eyes and shiny smile. The boy was holding a rubber toy and talking to it:

-“Bubu, good boy, good boy. I’ll buy some snack for you if you call my name. Say it! Say it! Yoogeun! Lee YooGeun! Bubu C’mon just one time! Say it, Bubu!”

The young man said:

-“Bubu’s tired! Yoogeun don’t ask him too much. Come here, sweetie!”

The kid ran to the man:

-“Dad, what?”

The father let his kid sit on his laps. He pointed out his index finger to the words graved on the grave.

-“Your teacher said you already finished the alphabet and you can read some simple words. Here! Let try spelling this.”

The kid clapped his hands:

-“Kiaa! It’s angel’s name. You mean I can know her name now?”

-“Sure!” – The man smiled but his eyes was blank

-“Uhm! This is “S” … and “U” … That is … Uhm … Ah that is double “L” and the final letter is “I”. Her name is “Sulli”. Yah! Sulli! Sulli! Sulli! That’s a beautiful name, right daddy?”

The man tapped the kid’s head slightly:

-“Yes! It’s the most beautiful name in this world.”

The kid rolled his eyes:

-“Is she beautiful, too?”

The man sighed:

-“Yes, the most beautiful angel I’ve ever seen.”

-“Really? Wow I know it. I told to my friends but they didn’t believe me that my mom’s an angel. Dad, will angel let me call her “mom”?”

The man pulled the boy near by him and hugged the boy tight:

-“Of course she will. She will be very happy if she sees you.”

-“Dad, when will angel come back? You told me that mom promised you she’ll come back.”

-“yes, she’ll. She said she will come back when we need her most. But you see, now we’re still alright. You can take care for yourself and so do I ,right? So I think we’ll have to wait more. We shouldn’t bother angels, right?”

The boys nodded:

-“Yes! I’m a man so I can do everything by myself. We shouldn’t bother mom. My teacher told me that angels in heaven are really busy for making love all over the world.”

-“Yeah! You’re best son in this world. Now go over there and pick up some flowers, today I’ll cook a dinner for you.”

-“Yeah!” – The boy screamed and ran away.

The man sighed, he touched the grave, felt the cold from stones. He whispered:

-“Honey, are you alright? Do you see our Yoogeun grew up really fast? He could understand many things. Now he asked me about you more than ever. You said you’ll comeback when I need you most. Yes, now I really need you by my side, I truly need you. I couldn’t raise our child alone anymore. There’s something that just the mother can understand from their kid. I … I …don’t know what to do. Why didn’t you appear in my dreams anymore. It’s been 5 years I had to live with out you but I still had you in my dreams. But … why recently I couldn’t see you any more? Did you think I’m ready to do anything alone. No, no, never, I never can. I know … I know… I know I have a long way a head to go before I can meet you, I know I have to walk alone but … but… I miss you so much … Sulli …. Sulli ….”

--------------------

-“Dad, dad!” – The boy ran to the man, he dragged the man’s left hand – “Go with me, go over there with me.”

-“Wait, wait” – The man yelled-“I told you don’t run too fast. It’ll make you …”

The boy interrupted:

-“I saw an angel, Dad I saw an angel. Now we can ask her about my mom.”

-“What? An angel? How do you know she’s an angel?”

-“Because she’s really beautiful.”

-“Aigoo! My son. Alright! Now let me see your angel!”

-“There … she’s over there.”

The man came to the place that his kid told. He saw a girl with a long black hair sitting under a tree. She was wearing something look like a uniform from a hospital. She even didn’t have shoes, her bare feel was trembling because of cold weather. The man couldn’t see her face clearly because her hair covered up.

-“Hello. Can … can I help you something?”

The girl slowly looked up, with a face filled of scare:

-“Who … who are you?”

The man was frozen when he saw her face, his eyes starred to move to tears, he tried to utter his shaking words:

-“I’m ... I’m Taemin, I’m this kid’s father… What … what …is your… name?Sulli… is..is that your name?”

The girl shook her head, she said when she starred to cry:

-“I … I don’t know… I don’t know … I don’t remember anything …. I don’t know.”

I know this is too short and it’s a little complicated. Everything will be clear when we reach the final chapter. Just wanna say that this’s not end, we still have a long way a head before I say goodbye to u guys ^^ my precious readers ^^ ehehe btw the story has a new character. I name her “Sunflower”. Dont ask me why she appears and please welcome her ^^ I think u’ll smile and cry at the same time when u read the final chapter ^^ (>< I hope so).