Chapter 12: Sunflower

SUNFLOWER

Sulli’s POV

It’s been almost a year since the day I became a “friend” of him, I named it “our first official year”.

          Time flowed really fast, I still felt like everything just happened yesterday.

          I couldn’t think that one day, I could call him every day, could tell him my secret troubles.

Taemin was still like the wonderful boy in the past when he took away my heart for the first time.

His innocent soul made feel this world is so bright. His kind heart helped me stand up every time I fell off. During this year, the hardest period time I’d had to go through, he changed it into beautiful memories.

I still remembered those nights when I learnt until next morning, when he gave me so many sweet messages:

“Still learning, Sul? Fighting! I know you’ll do your best.”

“A cup of milk right now will help you feel better.”

“Do you have any problems with your lessons? Just ask me, I’ll help.”

          Yes, he did exactly like what he’d told.

Taemin helped me pass my exam to enter the Art University I’d always dreamed about.

He helped me wipe away my stupid tears.

He helped me smile again after such terrible things.

He helped me a lot… a lot.

But after all, I couldn’t help him anything.

--------------

Sulli’s memories

6th moth after  the 1st day they met again, 1 week later after  a car accident…

Sulli looked at the boy who was hiding behind the table. The room was so dark with full of garbage, it looked like it wasn’t cleaned up in many years. A horrible smell was full of the house.

Sulli opened the windows:

-“Don’t open, I can’t stand the light.”- the boy talked in a low voice.

-“How long will you sit there, Taemin?”- Sulli said-“it’s been one week, I know this is a hard time for you but, please don’t live like that.”

-“You don’t know the feeling when you lost your parent. You don’t know…” – Taemin covered his head by his arms.

-“Yes, I don’t know, but I know one thing that you have to move on. You still have me and your best friends, you’re not alone.”

Taemin shook his head:

-“I don’t know, I don’t know Sulli. How can I survive when they can’t be with me anymore.”

Sulli sat down near by Taemin, she tapped his shoulders slightly.

-“It’s ok Taemin. Everything will be alright, Taemin. You see, I’m here. Don’t worry anymore. Yah, you’ll enter Seoul University next week. We should prepare from now, I’ll take you to the mall. How about…”

Taemin interrupted Sulli:

-“ I won’t learn at university. I won’t leave to Seoul. Don’t talk about that issue anymore. I don’t wanna hear it.”

-“What? But .. but you passed that hard exam. How can you give up such a big chance like that. Do you worry about something else? Don’t worry, my mom said she will help you so…”

-“It’s not about that, Sulli.”- Taemin looked down, he tried to utter his words – “ I have a weird sickness, I can’t live in Seoul, I scared crowd, I’m not normal, Sul”.

 Taemin’s eyes stared to be filled with water, he couldn’t even talk anymore.

-“Why didn’t you talk to me about that before? Why did you let me mad at you every time you refuse my invitation to Seoul? Why could you make me look bad?”

-“Because I’m scared, I’m scared that you’ll run away when you know the truth. But … but … now you can run … please let me alone. I …”

          Taemin was stopped when he felt his right cheek hurt, Sulli slapped him really hard, she was looking at him with her eyes sinking in anger and tears.

-“ How could you say that? Did you think I’m so bad like that, who can leave my best friend behind when he gets trouble. Ok! I won’t request you to enter university anymore. I won’t ask you to hear me scolding every night. I won’t send you my annoying messages anymore. I won’t bother you anymore. But … but I won’t leave you. All you have to do is being there. You have to be there so I can know where I can find you, okey?”

Taemin looked up:

-“Sulli ah, don’t be good at me. I don’t deserver this.”

-“Don’t cry”- Sulli reached her hand to Taemin’s cheeks, trying to wipe away his tears – “If you cry then who will wipe away my tears for me? You’re right, you don’t deserver it, so you have to do better, you have to take care of me more, right?”

Taemin smirked at what Sulli was talking. How could he mad at such a good friend like her, who always found out a bright side of his darkest times.

-“Yeah, I can’t cry, if I cry then who will take care for my stupid friend, who always cries because of just random things.”

 ----------------

7th month later

 

-“Yah, Sulli! Why don’t you ask someone to use share their umbrella with? It’s raining, you’ll get cold.”

-“Why do I have to do that when I know you’ll come?”

-“But when waiting me, you should do that. Why are you standing under the rain like this? Stupid!”

-“I don’t like using others’ umbrella, specially with boys.”

-“Why?”

-“I don’t know, it makes me fell uncomfortable. I always think I’ll just use my umbrella with my boyfriend.”

-“Then what about me?”

-“You? C’mon , you even aren’t a boy, you’re just a kid so you aren’t counted.”

-“Yah! Don’t call me kid.”

-“Don’t yell me. It makes you look like a kid more. Hahaha…”

----------

12th month later

At Taemin’s flower shop

-“How is your business going, Taemin?” – Sulli asked while she was looking at some roses.

-“It’s ok. I’m going to sell some new kinds of flowers.”

-“Did you remember one time when we were at our old school. You described some people with flowers?”

- “Yeah, I remember. It was an interesting class.”

- “If you got another chance, Which flower would you stick to me beside sunflower?”

-“Why? You don’t like sunflower, don’t you?”

- “It’s …it’s not like that. I’m just … just curious.”

- “You’re such a weird girl, Sul, always curious about everything.”

-“ Yah! Don’t ignore my question, answer it!”

- “Ok, I’ll still choose sunflower.”

- “Why? I asked you choice another.”

- “I’ll tell you the reason later, but not now.”

-----------

2 years later

- “Recently you look really different, Sulli.”

- “What? Really?”

- “I don’t know, I feel like that. Did … did you have a boyfriend?”

- “Ah, uhm, yes. But it’s not really like that. I mean it’s just me who likes him, I don’t know he like me or not?”

- “Do I know him?”

- “Yes, you know. He’s my first love, he was the same elementary school with us. It’s so cool when I had got a chance to meet him again.”

- “Oh, oh, your first love …”

- “yeah, I will let you know about him when I’m sure that he like me, too.”

---------

Taemin’s POV

She said she got a chance to meet her first love again. Did she remember that some months ago she gave me a picture where she came to a sport event and She accident met Minho there.

 

“Oh! Taemin! Look! Who’s that?

Hahaha can you believe it? I met Minho at here.

He look really handsome now, right?”

------------

Sulli’s POV

Taemin’s such an idiot, I hinted him many times but why couldn’t he figure

out that I was talking about him. Did he really don’t see me like a girl?”

Oh, God? What should I do now?

--------------

Taemin’s POV

I asked Minho, but he said he still not yet has a girlfriend. So it meant that Sulli still didn’t confess to Minho. Maybe I still have one more chance.

But when, when can I tell her my true feeling when she always talked to me: “Taemin ah, you’re my best friend.”

Sulli’s POV

I must crazy because of him. Every time I saw his smile I always wanted to say : “Taemin ah, the one I love is you.” But it ended up with that stupid sentence: “You’re my best friend.”

Oh, no, maybe it was suited with our condition right now, I shouldn’t rush on, I must be patient ? I must wait for the right moment …

-----------

3 years late …

Taemin’s POV

Today is the day Sulli’ll graduate from her university. Tomorrow she will fly to New York to learn 1 year at there. I won’t have any chance to confess to her.

She didn’t want me to attend her graduation. I know she was scared that I’ll get hurt because of the crowd at there. But it’s ok, I can deal with it, I’ll take my van and drive to Seoul. Ah, Sulli likes perfumery, I should buy for her, she’ll be really happy. And after that I’ll tell her the truth, the truth that I kept for so long ….

------------

Sulli’s POV

Today, Taemin won’t be here with me. Although it was a little sad to me but it’s ok as long as I know he’ll be alright. After this day I’ll have to be apart from him in one year for my study. There’s no time to wait, after the celebration at my campus ends, I’ll take the earliest train to come back the town.

I’ll tell him the truth, I don’t care if he loves me of not … There’s no time to wait anymore …

------

End of POV

Taemin looked at his watch when sitting on his car. He thought: “Why does the traffic suddenly get stuck in this hour, maybe because of the rain. I must be hurry up. The celebration will end soon”.

30 minutes later …

Taemin  hold his umbrella tight, he didn’t want the hard rain would make the box he was holding in his arm wet. It was the present he wanted to give for her. A present was filled of love.

People were passing by him. He guessed the event must be end so he ran fast to the building where it was held.

And at there, he could recognized his girl, she looked so beautiful in that white dress, it was a gift he gave her in Christmas. He felt so happy when Sulli used it in such an important day like this. He pretended to walk faster but he stopped.

In front of Taemin, Sulli was standing under an umbrella with a boy, she was smiling and talking to that boy.

The boy, who he could realize even looking from behind …. Minho.

Taemin dropped his box and his umbrella down to the wet ground, he turned away, he felt something wet flowing on his cheeks, he thought they were the rain- drops, but why were they so salt?

Taemin remembered again what Sulli talked to him once:

-“I’ll just stand under the same umbrella with my boyfriend.”

------------

10 minutes ago …

Sulli was looking at outside, it was raining so hard. If she couldn’t go right now she would miss the train. She looked around, tried to find any girl who was holding an umbrella. She wanted to ask someone to share with her their umbrella.

- “Hey, Sulli!”

Sulli turned back:

-“Oh, Minho! What are you doing here?”

- I come to celebrate my friend, he learned here. Do you need an umbrella? Let’s go with me, I’ll take you to the bus stop”.

Sulli looked at Minho, she felt so confused. She didn’t want to. But she need to hurry up and if running out in this weather it will make her dress messed up. It was the most valuable dress to Sulli, she even didn’t dare to wear it, she had to wait for this important day.

So in the end, Sulli agreed to go with Minho.

***

Taemin’s POV:

I turned away and let the rain fall over me.

It’s really cold...

It’d been a long time, such a long long period, I thought I captured her hurt somehow.

But maybe It was just my own dream.

Maybe it should have been like this …

It was even better when it’s Minho. She’ll learn abroad soon and she’ll have a brighter future. And then her life would be better with out me.

Thank you so much Sulli!

At least I had 4 years living in happines.

You made everything for me. You could accept a hateful person like me until now.

I never made anything for you.

I know it’s right time for me to walk out of your life …

Sulli’s POV:

I tried to keep a tiny distance from Minho, I knew it would be awkward like this. But it’s lucky that Minho is a friendly boy, he told me some funny stories on the way to bust stop. It made me feel better, I even smiled some times.

It was such a hard rain. It’s so cold…

When the bus stop was just a few meters away from me I saw a familiar figure. A boy was running away. No way it was Taemin. At that time in my mind I just had one question “why is he there?”. I left minho standing in surprise to run away.

Picking up the box he left on the wet ground. The words printed on the gift made my eyes filled in tears:

“Thinking of you

For my Sulli

I love you”

Then I ran after him, tried to catch him … “Taemin! Taemin!” – I called.

Just a fewer steps … yes, just one more step … I’ll catch the precious moment I waited for a long time, the moment I would tell him that”I love you, too” …Taemin ah, wait for me …

 

Someone said they love the rain

But don’t they know it always wipes everything away

 

A week later …

Taemin’s POV:

It’d been a week from that day. She didn’t call even just one time.

She saw me … I knew … I heard her calling me …

I’d stopped and turned back … but I couldn’t had seen her anywhere. Maybe she’d seen my present and it’d made her know my feeling for her. I guessed it’d made her stop running after me. What would she say if she met me? She didn’t love me at all, all the time I was just a friend to her. Why did I always try to ignore the truth. I knew she was at New York , a whole new world would welcome her. She’ll be happy in the world that without me.

 I closed the shop and came to my sunflower field behind my house. Every day I came there, I knew it’ll just make me miss her more. But at least being hurt was better than living without any feeling.

Nobody’s POV:

A girl in a beautiful white dress was reaching near by the boy who was watering the flowers. She said in a soft tune:

-“Taemin! I came”.

Taemin looked back:

-“Sulli? Why are you here? I think you’re in New York right now”.

-“It’s been a week. Why did you come to meet that day?” – Sulli asked – “You wanted to give me this, right?” – She brought out a box wrapped by sunflower paper.

Taemin grabbed the box, he said in a cold voice:

-“It… it isn’t for you. I don’t understand what you’re saying. Just go back to New York Sulli. It’s where you should be”

Sulli smiled:

-“Yes, I know. I came here just to ask you a question.”

-“What?”

-“ If I ask you again, which’s flower you will choose for me?”

-“Still that stupid question? I said I’ll choose sunflower, don’t try to ask me chance it anymore”.

-“Why? Why is always sunflower?”

-“Because you just like that stupid flower, always sticks into something. Please leave me alone, I don’t need you pity for me. You made me feel I’m a loser don’t you see?” – Taemin yelled, he wanted Sulli to hate him, he wanted to end this hard relationship, he didn’t want to be hurt any more.

…Sometimes living without feeling will be better…

-“Thank you” – Sulli said when her tears flew on her cheeks. Sulli turned away. She slowly lifted her feet.

Taemin felt hurt when he saw she in that view. He wanted to run to her, he wanted to hug her and said to her just one time that he love her so much. But he couldn’t move his body any more. Is there anything worse than seeing the one you love going away? I guess there’s nothing…

Sulli’s POV:

I turned away when I heard his cold words. Yes sunflower - from beginning to the end I was always his Sunflower.

I shouldn’t cry but I couldn’t help. I didn’t know why but my lips brought out a smile…

here is poster teaser for next chap ^^ sorry for late update ^^

and a new teaser for the next chapters in the future ^^