Chapter 1 : A boy’s story (1)

SUNFLOWER

Taemin’s POV

      I’m a 17 years old-boy, living in a small town with a big dream. My mother told that since the day I have known how to walking I already knew how to dance. Maybe I was born to be a dancer, so the biggest dream in my life is being a famous dancer.

         Just like any teenager out there, my life’s full of trouble, my problem now is my tomorrow exam. Everyday I have to deal with my enemies in my high school (Ah, I shouldn’t call them like that, I mean those friends who hate me so much ^^).And just like everyone, I have my best friends ,too. Who helped me & protected me from them. Maybe I can say that : my life is not the best one but I love it. Sometimes I thought, if I had a wish, I wouldn’t want to be anyone else, wouldn’t want to have another life even when my life was so much hurt. Because in THIS LIFE I could meet HER.

      Actually, I’m not a outgoing boy. I even cant open myself first to boys. All of friends I have, they usually were the ones who came to make friend with me first. It made certainly that I didn’t have any girl friends (in normal way). Every time I meet a girl, I’ll feel really uncomfortable and if they want to talk to me, OMG my action will become unbelievable, I’ll make myself look like a big joke, a crazy clown in front of them.

   But with HER, everything I ever thought about girls was changed.

       She is one of my unforgettable memories, the one who made my time in elementary school become more meaningful. But she’s also the one who made my heart break every time I think about that hurtful period of time….

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was my senior year at my elementary school, the first term of the year and everything seemed would never change without that day.

At that time, my life in school wasn’t really special. Attending all classes and gaining good marks, that were all my mom needed from me. After finishing my homework I could do anything I like, of course it was dancing. I just had 4 friends : Onew, Key, Jonghuyn & Minho; but only Onew was the same class with me. They were my childhood friends and they helped me a lot.

If without them, my life would be terrible and lonely. I wasn’t a cool boy then, even some called me a loser. Maybe because of my funny haircut at that time, I had a bowl haircut with a skinny body and a soft voice, they made me look really strange. Key – the one who had talent in fashion always asked me to change my hair, he though it made me look like a nut T-T. Every time he was sent a love letter from some girls, he usually told me : “ Ya, Taem, you should change your haircut or ever change your style too. U’ll look better and I swear u’ll have gain more fans than me. Your face is so cute, just try something new, something cooler u’ll…”

“Yeah yeah don’t worry about that, I think my hair is suit with me and moreover I don’t need fan girls like u. btw, I feel comfortable with my hair and nothing matter with my clothes, why have to change when I’m already alright”. I couldn’t remember how many times I had to repeat those sentences but he never got what I meant.

        Deep inside my mind, I knew the problem wasn’t my hair or my appearance, it caused by my hard behavior. I didn’t like chatting or joking around, specially with girls. To me, girls were annoying ones. They just liked making rumours about other even when they didn’t know well about that one. I hated the way they stared at me and said bad behind my back. What was wrong when u didn’t like playing football ? what was wrong when u didn’t have a manly voice ? what was wrong when u always disappeared at breaktime just because u wanted to find a secret place and dancing ? I thought I did nothing wrong, it was just that I had different way to live. When you was different then that mean you was wrong ?

       Actually, not every girl was bad. My class still had some nice girls. Luna – a friendly girl- who sometimes helped me pick up my books when I fell off in the floor. And there was Krystal – a cheerful girl – who sometimes told me that I did a good job at dancing ( we took a part in the same school’s dance club).

    Finally it was Sulli. Honestly I didn’t know her well, when I were at a bookshop, I met her hanging out with some girls from my class at there, too. All of them except her ignored me because u know, no one want to say hello with a loser like me. But Sulli smiled at me, she even said : “oh, Taemin ? what are u doing here ? u buy books ,too ? ”

      The worse thing was what I did after that. It was the 1st time someone talked to me so friendly like that, but I didn’t know how to reply. I just stood there and didn’t even move an inch. My mouth wanted to open and say something nice but I just frozen like a stone.

      Her friends made me feel nervous more when they kept staring strange at me like looking at a alien. At the end, she smiled again and walk away. I heard one girl said : “ He’s really rude. How can he ignore u, Sulli. He have to at least say hi. It’s the main reason why all girls in our school hated him. He’s so unaccepted ”. I sighed, yeah, I was a bad guy, and I didn’t like girls so I didn’t have to make myself look better to gain their love. But I felt guilty because I didn’t treat well with Sulli. She wasn’t like them, she smiled at me first and I had to admit it was the most beautiful smile I ever seen.

A smile was bright as much as a lovely sunflower.

ah finally I finished the 1st chap T-T didnt know how many mistakes I made ^^ hoping u enjoy.