NOT SURE

Unacceptable,But I'll Accept You

"Hyemin ah,kwenchana?"

 

I looked at my halabeoji,"Bwoh?"

 

"You're floating off again."

 

"Ah,mianhe."

 

"Waegeulae?You didn't even eat much this morning,you barely even touched your grandmother's porridge yesterday."

 

"Halabeoji."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I feel weird."

 

"Waeyo?"

 

"Molla,I feel unmotivated and bored."

 

"Sonnyeo ah,you work in a porridge shop,there is nothing to feel motivated about."

 

"That's the thing,I used to feel happy,just being with you,cooking porridge like how halmeoni used to,but now I feel so,so,empty."

 

He patted my head,"My dear girl,did your parents call yesterday?"

 

I raised an eyebrow,"No."

 

"Oh?You're usually like that when your parents call."

 

"Don't remind me."

 

"Well,since our shop is doing relatively well,you can go for your scholarship overseas now,I'll be fine."

 

"Halabeoji,I told you,I'm staying with you,I don't care about some scholarship,I want to be here with you."

 

He chuckled and hugged me,"Arasso,you're just as stubborn as your halmeoni."

 

"Excuse me,can I have one scallop porridge,to go please,I'm late."I looked at our customer,"Nae please sit down."

 

I went to boil the porridge and soon the lunch crowd settled in.It kept me occupied,the crowds moving in and out.

 

My grandfather was good at talking with our customers,he liked it when they enjoyed their food.Me too,watching them enjoy every bit of it.Kids especially.

 

The day went by as usual and it was time to close up.My grandfather kept the money and was on the phone with our supplier.

 

He glanced at me,"Sonnyeo ah,pack up here and come back home okay?"

 

"Nae,be careful,don't drink too much with supplier ajusshi."

 

Halabeoji chuckled and left.

 

I cleared all the tables and washed all the dishes.Sometimes I wonder how I can cope with running the shop.

 

I heard a knock at the glass door.

 

I looked out and saw the gangster guy there.

 

He was leaning on the glass,blood all over his face.How does he get injured?Funny thing is,how does it heal so fast?

 

I unlocked the door and he stumbled in.

 

"Ah apa."

 

I settled him down properly and looked at his face,there was a cut near his eye.

 

I grabbed my first aid kit and helped him clean up.

 

I stopped the bleeding and he was panting quite heavily.I didn't even bother asking him what's wrong,I wasn't interested at the moment.

 

"Yah,what's your name?"He asked me.

 

I looked into his eyes and he sat up,rushing me,"I'm fine,what's your name?"

 

"Hyemin,Lee Hyemin."

 

He stared at me then started laughing,"Wow you can talk!"

 

I pressed on his wound and he winced,"Yah,apa."

 

I nodded,"Its closing hours,what are you doing here?"

 

"Wae?I want some of that homely porridge."

 

I raised an eyebrow,"Its closing time."

 

He tugged on my hand,"Hyemin ah,please,huh?"

 

I sighed and nodded,"Mm,wait here,don't move."

 

He smiled that dazzling smile of his and I went to cook his porridge.

 

"Hyemin ah."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"You're not asking."

 

I glanced at him,"Asking?"

 

He pointed to his wound and I looked away,"I don't want to know."

 

"Waeyo?"

 

"Bwoh?"

 

"Why don't you want to know?"

 

I poured the porridge out into a bowl and served it to him,placing a spoon beside it.

 

"I don't even know your name."

 

"Ah right,Daehyun,Jung Daehyun."

 

I raised an eyebrow,"I didn't ask you for your name."

 

"Whatever,I want you to know okay?"

 

I shrugged,"Eat."

 

He smiled and started eating.I sat down at another corner and watched the cars go by.

 

It always calmed me down.

 

Then I saw a group of guys,tattoos down their necks and leather jackets running past.

 

"Daehyun ah."

 

He looked up at me then looked outside.

 

His eyes widened and he crouched down,"Crap,yah cover up for me."

 

"How?"

 

The thugs were looking around and I quickly pushed Daehyun into the kitchen.

 

"Don't move and shut up."

 

I went back outside and those guys crashed in.

 

I stared at them.

 

"Did you see a guy?Looks like us,black leather jacket with a bloody face."

 

I really don't lie,its not right.

 

"Its closing time."

 

"Bwoh?"

 

"I'm closing the shop now,what are you guys doing in here?"

 

The two guys looked at one another,"Ah ah nae,sorry pretty,we'll be leaving."

 

I raised an eyebrow,"You can come when the shop opens tomorrow though."

 

They turned back to me,"Sure thing."

 

They left and I locked the door properly.

 

I sighed and sat at Daehyun's seat because those thugs were still watching me so I pretended that the bowl of porridge was mine.

 

Those guys finally left and I took the bowl of porridge to the kitchen and turned the lights at the front off.

 

Daehyun looked up at me and I passed the bowl to him.

 

He smiled and ate happily,"Komawo."

 

I stared at him,"You're not one of them."

 

"Bwoh?"

 

"You're not a gangster."

 

He stared back at me,"What makes you think that?"

 

I shrugged,remembering how the gangsters' eyes had that darkness in them.

 

"Molla."

 

He chuckled and continued eating,"I like talking to you,you seem different."

 

"How do you think I see you?"

 

"Hmm,bad?Crazy,an idiot."

 

"Waeyo?"

 

"I come crashing into your shop all injured,how else will you see me?"

 

I pressed on his wound and he winced,"Ow yah!Stop doing that."

 

I looked into his clear sparkling eyes,"That's not how I see people."

 

==========================================================================================================================

A/N: Wow holidays are around the corner! Just have to pull through this week and I'm free!!!! For a few weeks only but whatever... ;) Thanks to my subscribers and please comment! ^^