REALLY LEAVING

Unacceptable,But I'll Accept You

Another week passed and the police told me that those thugs were caught.Daehyun returned their money to them either way.Halabeoji wanted to come out for fresh air since he was feeling better.So he went to visit all his friends for a chat while I got stuck in the shop as usual.

 

During the past week,Daehyun only came to me once to tell me about him paying the debt.I ignored him and didn't even bother to respond to him.So I really wasn't expecting to see him come into the shop again today.Or tonight I guess,since its late.

 

I glanced at him once and continued stirring the porridge.

 

"Homely porridge please."

 

I sighed and he just went to sit down.I looked at him and he leaned back in his seat,watching the road.I boiled his porridge and served it to him.

 

He looked up at me and his eyes were kind of teary,which scared me.

 

"Komawo."

 

I nodded and turned but he grabbed my hand,"Hyemin ah."

 

I closed my eyes and tried to convince myself to pull away from him,but I don't know why,I just felt so much better with him holding my hand.

 

"Wae?"

 

"Mianhe."

 

"Ara."

 

He tugged on my hand and I turned to look at him.He smiled painfully and passed his spoon to me,"Ah."

 

I raised an eyebrow,what's he up to?

 

"Pali ah."

 

I pulled my hand away from him,"Eat yourself,I still have customers around."

 

I turned again but he got up from his seat and back hugged me.

 

"Yah,just once,just feed me once,please."

 

I froze and took his hands away,"Hajima."

 

"Hyemin ah-"

 

"Miss can I have more kimchi?"My customer asked.

 

"Nae."

 

I gave Daehyun that don't-do-this look and he sat back down with that saddened look in his eyes.I didn't like it.I missed that cheery happy him.

 

All his aegyos and hyper moods that never seemed to tire.But that spark in him was lost suddenly.

 

Ever since that night he got drunk,nothing has been the same around here.

 

I carried on working and Daehyun sat in his corner eating quietly.I watched him every once in a while.Funny thing,every mouth he took,he would close his eyes and sigh.He seemed depressed,don't know why.

 

After he finished,he pushed his bowl aside and leaned back,staring at the dark night sky.My customers were leaving now and halabeoji told me he would go home straight after meeting his friends.

 

I started cleaning up,even cleaning his table and when I was finally done,Daehyun was at the counter,watching me.

 

"Need something?"

 

He shook his head.

 

"We're closing you know?"

 

He nodded.

 

"That means you need to leave?"

 

He smiled slightly,"Nae ara."

 

He looked around the shop and took a deep breath,"Hyemin ah."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Nan,I told you before."

 

"Bwoh?"

 

He looked into my eyes and smiled sweetly,"I love you."

 

I stared at him blankly.

 

"You also told me that you weren't leaving me,mm,that's true."

 

I cocked my head,what's going on with him?

 

He chuckled,"Hajima,you're so cute when you look at me like that."

 

I looked away and he came over to me,tilting my chin to look into his eyes.

 

"Saranghae,even if you don't believe me,even if you can't stand me,even if you hate me,saranghae,jinjja,I really really love you."

 

I let out a staggered breath and he eyed my lips longingly.He smiled and pulled away,patting my head,"Yeah,that's about all,probably won't see you again,unless we're lucky enough a few years down the road,goodnight,goodbye and mm,sweet dreams pretty."

 

He my cheek softly and his thumb slid across my lips.He turned and left,after taking another glance at the shop and at me.

 

I stood there for a few minutes,tears cascading down my cheeks for no apparent reason.I grabbed my bag and turned to get out but saw something on the counter.I went over and picked the piece of paper up.

 

-Hyemin ah,mianhe.I've said it so many times but I'm not sure if you've accepted it yet.I can't get this out of my mouth,but you're right.

 

I'm leaving,literally leaving you.

 

Hmm,you never left me,it was always me leaving you wasn't it?

 

How did you feel,watching me leave after talking to you or eating?You're always in that shop,watching customers come and go,watching me come and go.

 

Do you ever anticipate for me to visit?Haha,maybe not since I always appear.But I can't anymore I guess.I'm leaving,really leaving.I didn't mention this to you,but I have a scholarship to study overseas.

 

I just stayed back here to help my parents with their financial matters.So since its over,I'm going away now,like how you want me to.

 

Maybe further than what you intended but I'm going to be away from you.I won't come and see you again,I will stay away from you,I won't disturb you anymore.

 

I apologized to halabeoji already,but please help me tell him that I won't be around anymore.

 

Well,I actually hoped that you would be okay with me today,I was wrong.As usual.I just wanted to remember the way you feed me,the yummy taste that lingers in my mouth.

 

That homely feeling.Hajiman,you're still angry with me I guess,mianhe.

 

Its okay,the porridge was still nice,at least I got to hug you today.Even though you didn't like or want me to.

 

I thought maybe a goodbye kiss will work,but you obviously weren't in the mood by pushing me away when I hugged you.Well,I still love you.

 

Whatever it is,no matter what I have to go through with you,I still love you.

 

I'll just take this few years of studying as a test,to test my love for you.I hope to see you again,I'm afraid of not being able to see you.

 

Yeah you can hit me,push me,slap me,but not being with you is worse than you ignoring me.At least I can see you.But now I'm really not going to see you.

 

Saranghae,whatever it is,saranghae.

 

From faraway,Jung Daehyun.-

 

 

I locked up and walked back home.It was dark and I felt so unbelievably alone.My eyes were really stinging from so much crying,Daehyun leaving wasn't making it any better.

 

I sobbed quietly all the way home.

 

Halabeoji was in the living room,"Sonnyeo ah,you're home."

 

I sat down next to him and he looked at me,"Well something's not right,why are you crying?"

 

I sniffed a bit,"Daehyun,he's leaving."

 

"Oh?Eodie?"

 

"Mollayo,he didn't say where,but he had a scholarship waiting for him,so he's leaving."

 

"Ah,well he's not the only one with a scholarship."

 

"Halabeoji."

 

"Think about it okay?I'm thinking of retiring anyway,the shop is too tiring for an old man like me,you need to live your own life too."

 

"I am living my own life."

 

"No you're not,look at you,totally lifeless,you've lost your spark."

 

"Really?"

 

"My precious girl,your halmeoni said to never lose your spark,what are you doing right now?"

 

"Halabeoji."

 

"Shh shh,arasso,talk to your parents,we'll think of a way for you."

 

"Mm,komawo."

 

"Now get some sleep,I don't want to live with a giant panda."

 

==========================================================================================================================

A/N:Well,must be kinda empty without Dae...Lets hope they meet up soon,one way or another ;) Thanks to my subscribers and please comment! ^^