AGAIN

Unacceptable,But I'll Accept You

I couldn't seem to forget his face,his eyes,even his beautiful brown hair.

 

But I wasn't very keen on seeing him beaten up or full of blood,so I hoped he wouldn't crash into our shop again.

 

My grandfather was also happy relaying the gangster's little visit to all the ajusshi and ajummas whose stores were in our vicinity.

 

I didn't really like the way he described the guy as gruesome and terrible,because I know how he looked like.

 

And it was anything but ugly and gruesome.

 

Lunch time was over and I sat near the glass wall after washing up all the dishes.

 

I looked outside at the street and watched the cars go by.

 

"Sonnyeo ah."

 

"Nae."

 

"Can you watch the shop for me?The vegetable ajusshi,two streets down still doesn't know about the gangster coming to my shop."

 

"Halabeoji,hajima,he's a nice guy,he didn't even do anything,he just ate and left."

 

"He didn't say I couldn't tell others about him and he did leave without paying."

 

"But it isn't right to-"

 

"Ara ara,I'll be back quickly okay?"

 

"Halabeoji."

 

He patted my head,"Arasso,leave me alone,I'm just talking to my friends."

 

I sighed and he chuckled,"Silly girl,he's just another guy."

 

Halabeoji left and I stared for a moment,he's right,he is just another guy.Why do I even bother to protect him?

 

Well I've always been like that,I don't like talking or gossiping about others.

 

The door jingled and I looked up,only to see the guy in front of me.That gangster guy.

 

Unhurt and uninjured though.

 

I opened my mouth to say something,but nothing came out.

 

"Fish porridge."He told me after looking at the menu.

 

I blinked a bit and pointed to a seat.The whole shop was empty except for the two of us,but it didn't feel awkward or scary with this guy here.

 

He sat down and I went to the kitchen to boil the porridge.

 

He kept staring at me and I would look at him every once in a while.

 

He was handsome,really painfully handsome.

 

I placed the bowl in front of him and bowed slightly.He smiled,"Komawo."

 

I went back into the kitchen to cook my grandma's special porridge.

 

I'm the only person she ever taught to cook that porridge.Even my grandfather didn't know how to cook it.

 

It always had that homely feeling,like she was here with us.Maybe that's why she taught me before she passed on,so that we will always feel at home,like she will always be with us.

 

It was a really simple type of dish,carrots,potatoes and seasoned meat,and yet,it was the nicest thing I've ever tasted.

 

Halabeoji wanted it for dinner.

 

I looked out to watch that guy and stepped back slightly,he was leaning over the counter.

 

"What's that?"He pointed to my porridge.I stared back at him blankly.

 

"Smells different,is it on the menu?"

 

I shook my head.

 

"Ah,but still,can I try it?"

 

Seriously,I didn't want to let him try.Who is this guy to ask for something like this?But then,who am I to judge him?

 

I took a clean spoon and scooped up some porridge.I blew on it gently and fed it to that guy.

 

He smiled and ate it.I watched his expression,it was so at peace and beautiful.

 

He closed his eyes for a short moment and swallowed,"Wow,that's nice."

 

I smiled back,satisfied.

 

"It has that,feeling doesn't it?"

 

I stared at him,he knows that feeling?

 

"That homely feeling."

 

I didn't know what to say,he smiled beautifully and turned to leave.

 

I watched him leave and looked towards his table.

 

There was money there,enough to pay for two bowls of porridge.

 

And the mask and handkerchief.I went over and cleared it up,seeing a note there.

 

-I've returned everything to you.Right?-

 

=========================================================================================================================

A/N:Here's the first chapter guys! Thanks to my subscribers and please comment! ^^