7.

It's been a while
 
Time flew by quickly, and that could be a good thing when you’re waiting for someone to come back for you, but to Kim Jaejoong, it was the cause of his despair.
 
At first, Yunho would call him every day, saying endlessly how much he loved and missed his baby. They could talk for hours on end, until one of them eventually falls asleep with the phone still in hand.
 
But after some time Yunho started calling him much less often. Before they spoke every day, now they would speak once during the week, and sometimes it would be two weeks with a two week gap between calls. He wasn’t the same Yunnie that Jaejoong once knew. He would be evasive and wouldn’t talk long, always rushing off to go somewhere.
 
Jaejoong’s heart clenched and he felt disappointed. But he believed that Yunho must have a lot of things to do and that was the reason why he couldn’t talk as much as before. He had to take care of everything quickly there in South Korea so that he can finally come back to him. But the raven haired man’s hopes and dreams were then crushed after one month.
 
That day, Jaejoong was preparing to leave to work when the phone rang.
 
“Yeobeoseyo?” He said into the phone in a cheerful tone, hoping it was his precious Yunnie.
 
On the other side no sound was made, Jaejoong thought that was strange. Was it someone playing a practical joke on him?
 
“Yeobeoseyo?” Jaejoong repeated then finally a reply.
 
“Hi Jaejoong.” A manly, husky voice was heard. The other man nearly jumped for joy. Yunho has called him! But it was strange, Yunho has called him, “Jaejoong” this time. It was usually either Baby, BabyJae or Jaejoongie. But he decided to let that go for now.
 
“Yunho?! You called early today, I was about to leave for work!”
 
“Jaejoong, I have to tell you something.” Yunho’s voice wasn’t sweet like before. He sounded very blunt and his tone was rude.
 
“Oh, um, alright. What is it, Yunnie?” Jaejoong’s voice almost cracked. He was nervous. This didn’t sound too well.
 
There was a long silence until the other line spoke.
 
“I want to break up.”
 
That just broke Jaejoong’s heart into pieces. Immediately, he felt hot fresh tears gathering in his eyes. This couldn’t be happening. He was hearing things! Yunho wouldn’t do that. He wouldn’t break up with him! Yunho loved him—right?
 
“W-hat?” Jaejoong’s voice was shaky, his hand gripped tightly on his phone.
 
“Don’t make me repeat myself.” Yunho growled, “I said I want to break up with you.” He stated bluntly.
 
“Why?” The raven haired sobbed, his hand covering his mouth, muffling his choking tears. “I don’t understand, Yunnie.. Don’t you love me anymore?” asked Jaejoong, who was now in complete tears, “Please, please tell me that you’re just joking around, Yunnie...” He begged. He didn’t want things to end like this.
 
“I’m not joking around this time. I’m sorry, but I don’t love you anymore. I got married, I love someone else now. Goodbye, Jaejoong.” Then the line went dead.
 
Jaejoong couldn’t believe it. Yunho broke up with him, and got married to someone else. Not loving him anymore, but loving that person. The love of his life—the person he gave everything to… Jung Yunho, got married to someone that isn’t him.
 
Those very words that Yunho said to him kept repeating in his mind.
‘Yunho… I thought…’
 
Jaejoong’s head started to spin and his vision blurred. His eye lids felt heavy and the next thing he saw, was darkness.
 
 
When he woke up, his eyes were greeted by a blinding light. He sat up carefully. He was in a very white room. He wasn’t sure about what happened-- where was he? Suddenly the door opened and an extremely worried Junsu came in.
 
“Oh my god, Jae! You’re awake!” His high pitched voice rang in Jaejoong’s ears as he ran and stood next to the bed.
“Junsu? What happened? Where am I?”
 
“You’re at the hospital.” Junsu replied.
 
Jaejoong blinked, “Why am I here?”
 
“I went to your house to pick you up but when I got to your door, it was already opened, so I went in and saw you on the floor. Did you know how worried I was? I nearly had a heart attack!” The other male breathed, placing a hand over his own heart to emphasize the heart attack.
 
Then memories of what happened earlier had re emerged and Jaejoong started crying once again.
 
Junsu couldn’t bare the sight of his beloved friend, “Joongie! Calm down, please. What happened? Why are you crying like this?” He asked, looking straight into Jaejoong’s eyes, “You can tell me.”
 
When Jaejoong was about to answer, the doctor came into the room. “Mr. Kim, I can see that you’re awake” then the doctor realized that Jaejoong was crying his heart out. He then turned to Junsu and asked him if he could leave the room for a moment because he needed to speak with Jaejoong. After Junsu left the room the doctor turned to the still crying man. He grabbed a chair and sat down beside the bed.
 
“Mr. Kim, you have to calm down. My name is Seung Min.” He said, “I have to tell something important but I would need you to put your tears to a halt before I can go on any further.”
 
Hearing this, Jaejoong made an effort to stop his tears, though his shoulders were still shaking. The doctor gave the other man a serious look. Jaejoong swallowed his own saliva. He couldn’t have more bad news today… Wasn’t he suffering enough already?
 
“Is… is something wrong with me?”
 
“Well, not necessarily wrong. It may be a surprise for you, but you have nothing to worry about.” Seung Min said softly then continued,
“Mr. Kim, when you got here we ran some tests on you to see what was the cause of your fainting, and we found out, and we we’re surprisingly shocked at what we found. Not only depression, but Mr. Kim, you are also one month pregnant.”
 
Jaejoong’s jaw hanged. He was—what?
 
“I’m what?” He just couldn’t believe it, “I can’t be pregnant! I’m a man! How could that be even possible? You’re wrong!” He nearly shouted. It’s not like he didn’t want a child but the fact that he was the one carrying it shocked him.
 
“Please, take it easy, Mr. Kim. It’s not healthy for the baby.” Seung Min informed. After a few minutes, the raven haired man managed to breath easily again.
 
Jaejoong then turned to the doctor and spoke quietly, “Can you please leave me alone for a moment? I... I need some time to think for myself.”
 
“Yes, of course. If you need anything just press the button to the right side of your bed. I’ll be back later to check up on you.”
 
Jaejoong was stunned. He didn’t know what to do. First, Yunho broke up with him, telling him he got married and now he found out that he was pregnant with that man’s child.
 
It was a very confusing moment for Jaejoong, but he was sure of one thing, he would have the baby and would love him with all his heart. He was hurt and disappointed in Yunho, and he knew that he could never forgive him for what he did. But he also knew that he still loved him deeply, maybe he would never stop loving him, no matter how hard he’ll try. Jaejoong then decided that would have the baby and Yunho would never know about him. This child would have his blood and his beloved ex boyfriend’s. But that man—doesn’t deserve to know.
 
He made up his mind.
Kim Jaejoong, would have to start a new life.