3.

It's been a while

The dinner was going  smoothly; they had a few drinks and talked in between. Jaejoong got to know more about Yunho, he was 25 years old, that made him three years older than Jaejoong, and was working under his father guidance. He was also very rich, and that intimidated Jaejoong a little. He never had much in his life, and couldn’t understand the way of living that rich people had. He thought Yunho would look down on him because he was poor. But he was wrong.

Yunho couldn’t stop looking at Jaejoong, he was even more mesmerized by the beautiful man, he realized that Jaejoong was very innocent and didn’t really understand some of things they were saying, especially when the ert Hyunjoong talked.

As the time passed by the others were getting pretty drunk, Jaejoong was also a little tipsy, the only one that was still sober was Yunho.

“Guys I think it’s time to leave!” Yunho said seeing that Changmin and Junsu were almost sleeping with their heads on the table, and that Hyunjoong and Yoochun couldn’t stand straight anymore. They all agreed and decided to call a cab since they weren’t in the best conditions to drive. Jaejoong, seeing that he didn’t have enough money to get in the cab because he had spent it in the restaurant, said “Well… I think I’ll leave now.”

“Yeah, Jae we are all leaving, get in the cab” said a sleepy Changmin. “No, it’s okay, I’ll just walk from here, my house is not that far…” Jaejoong got interrupted by Yunho “What do you mean walk from here, it’s pretty late, just get in the cab! It will be faster and safer to get home.” Yunho didn’t want Jaejoong walking around in the middle of the night.

“It’s fine really, I’ll just walk, my house isn’t that far…” Jaejoong didn’t want to seem rude, but he really couldn’t afford the cab bill.

Yunho finally realized that maybe Jaejoong didn’t have enough money, he had found out earlier that Jaejoong hadn’t had the good life that Yunho enjoyed, “Hey, Jae listen, I’ll give you a ride home. My car is parked over there. Come on. You guys just get in the cab” he said.

“Alright, we’ll be going then, bye. Bye Jae, see you tomorrow” said Yoochun.

Jaejoong didn’t want to be a burden to the other man, but Yunho didn’t take no for an answer, and Jaejoong had to accept the ride. After he told Yunho his address, they stayed in an awkward silence, Jaejoong was feeling very nervous sitting there close to the other man, and Yunho too wasn’t in a better state. They finally reached Jaejoongs house, “Uh… thanks for the ride Yunho” said the nervous Jaejoong.

“You’re welcome.” answered Yunho, as Jaejoong was opening the door Yunho spoke again, “It was a pleasure to meet you Jaejoong, really.” his tone of voice changed and that made Jaejoong blush, “it was a pleasure to meet you too Yunho.” Jaejoong replied.

“I hope that we can meet more often since I’m here in the US.” said Yunho.

“Uh… Yeah... Sure… we… we can all go out to eat dinner like today.” Jaejoong couldn’t help but stutter.

“Well, that will be nice, but I was hoping that we could go out together, only the two of us” Yunho decided to take a risk, he saw the way the other man was looking at him during the time that they spent together, he knew that Jaejoong must have felt something and he himself knew that his attraction to Jaejoong wasn´t only that, although they just met a few hours ago. Yunho realized that Jaejoong was special, he wanted to embrace the other man and protect him, he felt in paradise when he was near Jaejoong.

“Jae maybe I’m rushing things, well not maybe, I really am rushing things, we  met only a few hours ago, but when I first saw you I felt something that I’ve never felt before. I’m being honest here, I thought that my heart was going to explode, I couldn’t, actually I can’t take my eyes of you. I don’t know for sure what I’m feeling right now, but what I really know is that I want to spend more time with you, to get to know and understand what I’m feeling for you... God this was a long speech!” Yunho confessed what was going through is mind. Jaejoong was amazed, the words that came out from Yunho’s mouth were the exact thing that was running through his own head.

"Yunho… I… I don’t know what to say… what you said now… I… I’m afraid that I’m feeling the same thing! And I don’t really know what it is, I don’t really understand…” Jaejoong was so nervous that he couldn’t explain himself. He had never had a relationship before, he never felt the way he was feeling now either. Maybe that was because he was trying to survive and didn’t had the time to analyze his feelings towards other people, but he knew that what he felt now was something that he was never going to feel with anybody else, only with Yunho. He was so sure of it, as he was sure of the air that kept him alive.

And it was so right…