Chapter 06

You can't (Jinki ver.)

 

I'm tired as hell. I didn't really sleep at night that much. My head not only remembers Minho's kiss, but also Victoria and Luna. Before I knew it, it was 4.30 am, and I had to get up so I could make the lunchbox for the three of us, and the energy drinks. I walked in the kitchen and like the day before, I did everything that was supposed to be done. The only difference was that I had a lack of sleep, and so I cut myself a few times. It hurt, but couldn't be helped. I was ready at 7.00 am and went to shower afterwards, treating the cuts on my hands. At 7.30, I walked out of the house and like every morning, I saw Luna.

"You made the lunch?" she asked, like the day before without a 'morning', but this time, the question was cold.

I nodded, not wanting to talk to her after yesterdays event. It wasn't really big, but enough for us to ignore each other. We never fought. Not even once. Normally I would hold my anger back and after a while, it was forgotten. But yesterday I just couldn't deal with her anymore. Even so, I'm sure it will be better in no time. We didn't say a word afterwards and just walked without a sound. When we arrived at school we immediately walked in different ways.

"Jinx."

"Hey Jonghyun," I smiled.

"You look tired." He gave me a worry look

"In other words, you think I look ugly?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No, of course not," he panicked, making me hold back my laugher. That's Jonghyun. He always acts like this, not wanting to upset anyone.

"Don't worry. I was just joking," I smiled, and he sighed in relief.

"So, did something exciting happen yesterday?" He thought a while before answering.

"Nothing much, but I met Victoria on my way home. We talked a little and I think she is really nice." 

"Yes, she's really nice."

"But say, Jinki, you really like her? Because I have a weird feeling."

I sighed.

"Can I tell you a secret?" I asked and he nodded.

I leaned in.

"I like her..." 

"And?" He looked confused.

"...As a good friend. Nothing more."

His eyes widened.

"Really? But why are you going out?"

He became curious.

"That stays a secret," I blenched my tongue, and he pouted. 

"How can you make me so curious and stop at the best part?" he complained, and I walked; laughing to my class.

 

**********************************

 

I'm tired. So damn tired. Why do I have to make lunch boxes for Minho and Luna? I would get enough sleep if I only made mine. I have gym class right now, and we have to run a marathon... Our teacher is trying to kill us anyway. I'm good at sports. Only today I'm weak... I  didn't get enough sleep. After the marathon, I panted hard and felt a little dizzy, but it faded not long after to my luck. Then the worst lesson came... Well, it's not a lesson but lunch break. I didn't want to eat today, but went there anyway. I walked extra slow so I wouldn't have to spend time with them, and when I arrived, all of them sat already. This won't be that bad since we aren't alone at the table. I don't have to be scared of Minho... At least I thought, so hell I was pretty naive. I could see how Minho glared at Victoria who felt uncomfortable without me. It seemed awkward. I approached her from behind, giving her a back hug and a shock.

"Hey Sweety," I pecked her lips and sat beside her.

"S-sweety " she blushed and I laughed.

"Jinki, we were waiting for you. You have the lunch," Luna said.

Yes, I forgot I didn't give her the food this morning.

"How come Jinki has the food when you were the one who made it?" Jonghyun asked.

Luna and I had to smirk when I saw her face. I wonder what she's going to say.

"J-just because."

I laughed and gave them their lunch; cutting mine into three parts so that Jonghyun and Sweety will have something too. We ate without any awkwardness and I didn't even look at Minho, but then...I felt something going up my thigh. I looked down only to see Minho's foot. I looked up seeing Minho smirking at me, and that was the first time I realized that he was sitting opposite of me; not Luna. I pushed his foot away and covered myself so that he couldn't do it anymore. I just hoped no one noticed.

"Jinki, what happened?"

I had a shock.

"Your hands. Did you hurt yourself? You need to go to the infirmary."

Victoria lifted my hand with the cuts from the morning.

"No need. I just cut myself while cooking yesterday," I half lied.

"You cook?" Jonghyun asked.

"Yeah I do. My parents work overseas so I have to take care of myself."

All of them nodded in understanding.

"No siblings?" 

"No. I do- ah,"

. I let my guard down. All of them looked at me with concern, only Minho smirked.

"You okay?" Luna asked.

"Yes, I'm mhh o-okay," I glared at Minho, but he gave me a innocent look.

"Really?" Minho asked.

I wanted to punch him in the face right now.

"Y-yes, ah I-I just have a ahh little headache," I said, panting and holding my head so they would believe me.

"I'm going to the bathroom to cool my head a little," I said; panting.

I walked to the bathroom splashing my face with water.

"I can't believe he did that." 

"Better believe it."

I turned around looking at Minho.

"ARE YOU INSANE? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS? AND WORSE OF ALL, IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY. WHAT IF THEY NOTICED?"

"Don't yell so much. It's not good for you, and I can say they didn't notice that I actually rubbed my foot against your crotch, because they looked really worried about you. Not even Jonghyun noticed and he sat beside me."

"THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT BETTER. WHAT'S ACTUALLY WRONG WITH YOU?"

I was so angry, but Minho looked annoyed at me and suddenly pushed me against the door of the bathroom; pressing his lips against mine. I was too shocked to push him away. He pulled away looking at me.

"Next time when I say to stop screaming, than do so, otherwise I'm going to kiss you again," he warned, and I pouted.

"Let me go," I struggled.

"What you did isn't funny Minho. Why are you doing this to me? Why can't you play with someone else?"

He finally let go of me.

"But I liked the noises you made."

He avoided my question, but I couldn't wonder why because I blushed from that comment. It's really humiliating.

"Shut up."

He smirked.

"I will make you mine."

"First of all, I have a girlfriend, so don't even try. Second, we are both guys so go and play with some girls. Third, just leave me alone. Please Minho, just...leave."

As if on cue, the bell rang and I went to my next lesson, leaving Minho behind.

 

******************************

 

Soccer practice went pretty good and the guys liked my energy drink too. The only problem is that Minho is following me wherever I go. He isn't even looking at Luna. On our way home, the others decided to go and eat something. Well, it's good for me since I don't have to cook dinner. We went to some legendary burger place.

"Minho, could you move your hand away?" I whispered.

He sat beside me, and this time his hand went up my thigh; caressing it.

"No, I can't," he whispered back.

"You know that's harassment," I hissed.

"I don't care."

I was about to go crazy. Victoria talked with Jonghyun and it seems like they had fun while Luna was looking at Minho. I knew this look. She was jealous that he sat so close to me.

"Luna is getting jealous."

"It's not my fault that your thighs are better than her's."

I really tried to push his hand away, but he was too persistent; grasping it even harder.

"I love your thighs."

His hand went near my crotch, but I was faster.

"I have to go home."

I gave Victoria a goodbye kiss.

"See you on Monday Sweety." She blushed.

"You're so cute," I patted her head.

"You too, see you on Monday guys," I said, and left the restaurant.

I walked home as fast as possible. It wasn't really a lie. I had to go home, but not to see my parents. I have to work in an hour. When I arrived at home, I changed into other clothes and took my glasses so no one would recognize me; at least I hoped.

 

************************************

 

"Lee Jinki, my man," I heard my boss yelling excitedly when I entered the place. He reached his arms for me and before I could react, he gave me a suffocating hug.

"Hello boss." He looked at me in disbelief.

"How many times did I tell you to call me hyung? Boss makes me so old." I laughed.

"I'm sorry Leeteuk hyung."

"That's better. Anyway, I missed you. This place always seems so lifeless when you aren't here. You look tired. Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay."

But his face told me that he didn't believe me.

"Just work and when you're finish you tell me what's wrong okay?" I nodded and prepared myself to go on stage. If you wonder what my Job is, I can tell you. I'm singing at a little bar owned by Leeteuk hyung and his life partner, Kangin hyung. I went on stage with my guitar; sitting on a chair and adjusting my mike.

"Onew, nice to see you again," some of the guest screamed, and I smiled at them.

Onew; that's the stage name they gave me.

"I'm glad to see you too. Have you had a good time without me?"

"Not really, your replacement couldn't even sing and was a total amateur."

I laughed.

"Never take leave again. At least not for two weeks."

"I promise. Well, any song you want to hear?"

"Sing I won't give up," said one of them, and the others agreed.

"Again? I sing it every time I'm here."

"You asked, and we answered."

"Okay, okay." I took a few breaths and began to play.

 

"When I look into your eyes,
It's like watching the night sky,
or a beautiful sunrise,
or there's so much they hold
and just like them old stars
I see you've come so far
To be right were you are
How old is your soul?"

 

After two hours I finally finished. Yes, I like to be here. The people are nice even if they are drunk, but it's already 1 am. I went off stage and to the bar.

"So Jinki, tell me what's wrong," Leeteuk appeared giving me a shock.

"I wonder what I should tell you... About my girlfriend or Luna and Minho."

"You have a girlfriend? Since when?"

He was happy for me.

"Three days."

"That's great, but you don't seem so happy," he stated.

"You found out about my crush?" He nodded.

"When my girlfriend confessed I actually rejected her, but after she asked for the reason. She begged me to go out with her. The worst is that I feel so guilty for not liking her back." He looked at me with sympathy.

"I also told you about Luna right?" 

"Your best friend?"

"Yes, she fell in love." 

"And that's not good because?" 

"Because I have to wake up earlier to make lunch for him, and he's the school player too."

It became silent. Leeteuk was thinking about a good thing that he could tell me when I said, "I'm his new target."

"YOU ARE WHAT?!" He freaked out.

I laughed bitterly.

"He kissed me. I have a girlfriend my best friend is in love with him, and he kissed me. I actually feel like ."

"Jinki..." He looked at my profile.

"There's actually more right?"

"Yes, there is more... It's driving me nuts but I can't tell you."

He took me into his embrace and I clung to him; trying to hold in the tears that were treading to fall.

"Well, if you're ready to tell it to someone then come to me first, or I'll be mad at you," he joked, and I laughed.

"Thank you."

"Why are you both hugging?" Kangin asked.

"Our baby boy had some problems," Leeteuk said. "But did that player do something else other then kissing you?"

I hesitated a little but told him anyway.

"He touched me a little..."

"WHERE?"

I flinched.

"It wasn't so serious..."

Okay that was a big lie, Jinki.

"I asked where?"

"My thigh," I whispered, but he heard me anyway.

"WHAT?... Where else?"

"Well, maybe, just maybe his foot touched my...crotch."

His gaze became murderous.

"Kangin, go and bring the baseball bat."

Say what?

"H-hyung, come down. It wasn't even serious," I tried to ease him, but it didn't work.

After an hour he finally calmed down and I went home. The clock said it was 3 am. I'm glad that tomorrow is Saturday, or I would go crazy. I fell into my bed and fell asleep the moment I hit the bed; not even bothering to shower even if I smell like hell after gym class today.

 

************************************

   

*Ding dong* The door bell rang. I put my cushion over my ears to cover the noise, but it didn't help.

*Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong* The clock said it was 8 am. Who the hell is at the door at 8 am?

"I'M COMING!" I screamed as loud as I could, and went to the door. On the way I saw my reflection in the mirror... I looked like .

*Ding dong ding dong ding ding dong ding-*

"WHAT?" I opened the door in a rush.

*dong* 

"Morning Jinki," said two cheery voices, and believe me, I was about to kill...

"Do you know what time it is? It's Saturday, so what are you doing here?"

I glared at them.

"I told you we should have come later," Victoria said, and gave me a apologetic glance.

"Jinx, you look like ," said Jonghyun.

"I know. So what are you doing here?"

"We wanted to go to the mall. You went home so early yesterday."

Now it was Luna's turn.

"Actually, it was Minho's idea."

I glared at him, but he just shrugged his shoulders.

"Anyways, let us inside." Luna pushed me aside; going into my house, followed by Jonghyun.

"I'm sorry Jinki, I tried to stop them but they didn't care about what I said." 

"It's okay Sweety. I would give you a kiss but I just woke up, which means that I have bad breath." She nodded and went inside too. I watched her back, so I didn't see Minho coming and pecking my lips.

"I don't mind your bad breath."

I wiped my mouth.

"Shut up Minho."

He smirked.

"No need to be so nice to me."

With that, he went inside too, leaving me behind. After they rang the door bell, woke me up at 8 am on a Saturday, screamed into my ear with their annoying voices and Minho's kiss, I was angry and ready to murder everyone that glanced at me.

"Come on Jinki, go shower so we can go to the mall," Luna said, and I sighed.

But I did what she wanted. That can't be so bad right?...

 

....At that time I didn't know that in the end, I would be alone with Minho for the rest of the day.

 

 


 

I'm tired as hell just like Jinki xD  I'm thanking all of my 49 subscribers and hope you like this chapter

By the way the song Jinki sung was his solo stage at the japan arena tour and I have to say I was crying when I heard it. His voice just touches me so much only he and Yesung can so that how I love them <3 I would love to hear their voices live... :(

 

Dubuleaderonew: Luna is in love so don't hate her too much and I will think about something for Victoria :)  I wouldn't say I'm smarter than Jinki since we are in different countrys and different levels so I would say Jinki is still better :)  everytime I read your nickname I beginn to sing SHINee's - SHINee world xDD 

meandmyself: You aren't really late to comment xD seems like Jinki will have a really hard time... :) and you shouldn't hate Luna too much like I said to Dubuleaderonew she'S in love :)))

Panda3400: Thank you <3 

Dubu89: You're crazy but I like that xD